Thread: New headset

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New headset

Hey guys, I've been searching around on the forum here about tips regarding gaming headsets, but didn't find anything.

So I'm looking for a low budget one, not those high priced at 90$++ (more like 10-50$).
    It need to be comfertable to have on for hours, and an OK sound (I play alot of COD, so the better sound it is the more people I can kill...^^)

What are the perks I should be looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Well, if you can stretch that budget a bit the AKG GHS1 is a very nice headset for the price. If not that, then probably the Sennheiser PC 151.

I would however recommend getting a decent pair of headphones and a stand-alone microphone (like for example the Zalman clip-on mic). A pair of JVC RX700 and the aforementioned clip-on mic should only cost you $30-40 and offers better sound than both the above.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-02-19 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks for the tips, but noticed that Tt eSPORTS Shock One 5.1 Gaming Headset is on sale at the moment on the Norwegian site komplett.no, and cost about 85$ (Original price: 116$) and I was being to greedy with the 10-50$ price tag (Was thinking up to 500NOK wich is about 90$, just poor math from my side) Do you know any better options at this price tag? Thinking about the same as the Tt eSPORTS.

Thanks for all the help, it's a reason why I love this forum ^^
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Right, since you're in norway you should check if there's fischer audio headphones in your area. FA-011 is great for the money. If not i'd recommend the standard MDR V6/AD-700
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Well, if you can stretch your budget a bit further you could pick up the AT AD700. They are basically considered the best option (for gaming) in the $90~$150 range. They are very price worthy. As I said earlier, just get the Zalman clip-on microphone with it.

For the record, the TT eSports headset you mentioned (and any other "gamer" labeled headset) is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, if you can stretch your budget a bit further you could pick up the AT AD700. They are basically considered the best option (for gaming) in the $90~$150 range. They are very price worthy. As I said earlier, just get the Zalman clip-on microphone with it.

For the record, the TT eSports headset you mentioned (and any other "gamer" labeled headset) is junk.
    In america. The FA-011 is just as open as the AD-700 but with darker and way punchier sound.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i like mine alot im not an audiophile but i like its sound for games alot, for music it can be a little bass happy though, but for bf3 it sounds amazing..
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Been searching around on Norwegian sites for the AT AD700. Can't be found at any stores in this country, no one sells AT products... So I have to import from amazon.com or something, wich will make it more expensive.. : /

I'm only gonna use the headset for gaming, no music. Shouldnt a headset labeled "gaming" be good enough? I never use a headset when listening to music, rather go on my full uhm.. dunno what you say in English (Stero system or what ever..) and put on some good vinyls. And I got some real expensive ear props when I'm outside, but I dont like gaming with those because it gets uncomfertable after a while.

If you end up spending $90-$100 then get the Corsair Vengeance 1500 Is awesome. The sound quality Is amazing for a gaming headset, very comfortable. It also looks very nice.
    I'm using one right now and I'm very satisfied. I had a HS1 before but the sound went out, and corsair sent me the 1500 because they don't sell HS1's anymore(Corsair Is awesome).

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gam...g-headset.html

Quality is very important, or it may hurt your ear.

The TekNmotion PulseWave • V2 looks nice for a $50 headset. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826289005
    You can look at the reviews and see If you want to buy It.

The Sennheiser PC360's are actually pretty decent as far as headsets goes, and is clearly marketted toward gamers with the G4ME-logo all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The Sennheiser PC360's are actually pretty decent as far as headsets goes, and is clearly marketted toward gamers with the G4ME-logo all over it.
    For that price tag, they're decimated by things 1/2 their cost.

There are many good headsets while remain in a affordable price actually. The Creative and Plantronics have many reviews so I'm pretty sure it cant be bad at all.lol As for me, I'm using the P301 my friend gave it to me.

Creative Fatal1ty
    Plantronics GameCom 377
    ARCTIC P301

You know what he meant, but if you wanted to wager that Sennheiser wouldn't succumb to the same "gamer gear" pitfall as every other company eventually, I'd most certainly bet that they will if they continue.

And like Fuzzy said, they just barely match up to things in lower price brackets than themselves. Nice for a headset though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    For that price tag, they're decimated by things 1/2 their cost.
    Exaggerate much? I will not claim they are competetive for headphones at the pricepoint, but at 130USD, they are clearly the best headset in the pricerange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exaggerate much? I will not claim they are competetive for headphones at the pricepoint, but at 130USD, they are clearly the best headset in the pricerange.
    Google yielded results of $200.

Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME - headset - Ear-cup, Binaural
    $192 - 52 stores
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-...uct/B003DA4D2U

Certainly not 130USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Hey guys, I've been searching around on the forum here about tips regarding gaming headsets, but didn't find anything.

So I'm looking for a low budget one, not those high priced at 90$++ (more like 10-50$).
    It need to be comfertable to have on for hours, and an OK sound (I play alot of COD, so the better sound it is the more people I can kill...^^)

What are the perks I should be looking for?
    Unfortunately no $10-$50 headset will have decent directional audio. Your better off getting a single ear $10-$20 headset for chit chat and use your speakers if possible for game sound. I know your pain on the matter personally couldnt play gears 3 w/o a good sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Google yielded results of $200.
    Certainly not 130USD.
    ... in the US. I will continue to list things at a tenth of the Swedish prices as USD, as that is the best way to reference things.
    At the same price as a pair of, say, ATH-M50, they are very much competetive for their price.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... in the US. I will continue to list things at a tenth of the Swedish prices as USD, as that is the best way to reference things.
    At the same price as a pair of, say, ATH-M50, they are very much competetive for their price.
    How is that at all accurate? You were off by $70. D: