Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Mists of Pandaria Internal Alpha, NAO Invitational, Method vs Dragon Soul

Mists of Pandaria Internal Alpha Started
    A lot of people have been asking me when we should expect a MoP beta or more updates on the game, and the answer to that question is simple: soon. All the recent events indicate that the internal alpha testing already started:

• The old WoW2 Battle.net accounts used for the Cataclysm Beta have finally been removed from some players Battle.net pages.
    • The recent update of the official talent calculator had multiple spells tagged as "NYI" (Not Yet Implemented). This is what we see in Alpha/Beta stages of the game to indicate that a spell doesn't work in-game yet.
    • Community Managers have posted actual screenshots of new spells tooltips in-game. It means they have a server they can easily connect to for that, and it's most likely the biggest proof.

Now what does it mean for players? First, let's be clear, this is the internal alpha and it is different from the Friend & Family Alpha where non-Blizzard employees can play as long as they know someone in the company. This one would be restricted to employees only and Blizzard executives are probably watching anything happening there very closely.

However, it definitely means that if everything goes well we should see a Friend & Family Alpha or a Beta within one or two month, and the Mists of Pandaria press tour on March 19 is most likely a way to prepare fansites to that. For Cataclysm, the press tour happened about 2 weeks before the start of the closed beta.

NAO Invitational Tournament
    Curse, Skill-Capped, and Logitech are sponsoring a player run Arena tournament with over $4000 in prizes. You can find the list of prizes on ArenaJunkies. See the structure and rules for more information about how the teams are selected.

This tournament will not allow 4.3 PvE gear and will have the final matches later this evening.

Method vs Dragon Soul
    Method made a nice video overview of their journey through Dragon Soul that is different from the normal boss kill videos.

Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
    The Trading Card game art gallery has been updated with ten new pieces.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-02-19 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the inevitable leaks.

Hope that alpha is released sooner then soon

10+ Year Old Account
    So that means that a rough estimate for Mists release should be early late April/early May? What are we going to do untill then :O!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    So that means that a rough estimate for Mists release should be early late April/early May? What are we going to do untill then :O!
    Endless Dragon soul until your eyes bleed of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully we'll see the alpha soon (and then the Beta, nomnom )

Since the first stage of development (long before alpha/beta) they can have internal servers to test what they are coding...
    (not disagreeing thou, I always appreciate your info, just sayin')
    Last edited by Marooned; 2012-02-19 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    I don't mean to sound negative or anything but is there an actual proof of that alpha already happening? Those 3 points are interesting with the 3rd one seeming as the strongest one but is it really? Technically they had a server with MoP up on Blizzcon already, people played as pandas there. And it would seem logical they will have some test realm as soon as there is something to put on it but calling it alpha testing seems... Not correct let's say.

I doubt MoP is going to be released THAT early. I'm going more for a late summer/early fall release. Either way - until then I hope we get something to at least waste more time with until then. who knows.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no leaks, there's no alpha, there's no beta.This is internal, it'll last at least a month before they open it up to friends and family. Then a few months later it'll go beta.Don't you get it? We've been had. Alpha'll start at the press event and Beta over the summer. Annual pass was a scam to get us to pay for a year and Blizz wouldn't need to release any content. Pushing my release date back a month, November launch for MoP. My subscription is as good as done.

Deleted
    Im skeptical. Come on boub, use ur powers of might and magic and get access to it and provide screenies!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    I doubt MoP is going to be released THAT early. I'm going more for a late summer/early fall release. Either way - until then I hope we get something to at least waste more time with until then. who knows.
    Better not be, considering what they sacrificed from cataclysm to speed up MoP development. No later then June IMO. They scrapped 6 months worth of content for MoP to come out 6 month sooner, it better come out 6 month sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    You are kidding, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    How long did cata beta last? if 2 weeks after 19th of march beta starts and then we have as long as the betas last so around 5 months? 0o So september/october time?

4.3 was released at the end of november/ beggining of december so that means 10/11 months of dragon soul :S

can't wait for this one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow awesome Method

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    There are no leaks, there's no alpha, there's no beta.This is internal, it'll last at least a month before they open it up to friends and family. Then a few months later it'll go beta.Don't you get it? We've been had. Alpha'll start at the press event and Beta over the summer. Annual pass was a scam to get us to pay for a year and Blizz wouldn't need to release any content. Pushing my release date back a month, November launch for MoP. My subscription is as good as done.
    Or they almost had buying mop? i believe it was add to months, meaning they wanted u to try the game out with annual pass, aka it would come out early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Normally i would say that you are going delusional, but since they have to do a closed alpha, then a friends and family beta, then the open beta. Im afraid you might be right!. We might see MoP on August or late October, and the whole Diablo 3 deal was a way to keep people subscribed untill MoP without releasing new content.

Its amazing they haven't gotten further than that.

If the beta starts in late March, I would be absolutely amazed. That literally sets up a mid Q3 launch for Mists of Pandaria. That is ambitious as hell.