Champion Warrick - Item Build Help

Hi, i am still fairly new to LoL, i like playing Warrick and im just after a decent build for a laneing Warrick, this is mainly for 5v5s i use mainly item builds that i have read in a few guides, im just wondering the item builds that other experienced Warrick users currently use.

I would like more of a high damaging Warrick than a tanky one but willing to change that if its not recommended.

Cheers

Many ways you can build WW. Jungle, Lanewick, Magewick, and Tankwick.

For jungle I'd say start short sword and a health pot, first time you go back get madreds razor and boots if you can afford it. Get a recurve bow then a glacial shroud. Build those into Wit's end and frozen heart. Make your razors into bloodrazors. Then finish with black cleaver and sunfire cape, or a frozen mallet.

Laning pretty much follow that but start with a doran's ring.
    Also you might wanna check out some places to help you like mobafire or solomid and read the guides they have there.

10+ Year Old Account
    laneing Warrick
    He already said what he wanted to play.

Solomid has a nice Warwick guide, where you get to choose between Tankier-Wick and Spam-Q-Wick.

Quick rundown of -a- starting build

1) Start Doran's Ring
    2) Glacial Shroud
    3) Wit's End
    4) Spirit Visage

Q stuff when they get close.

Throw in boots somewhere. From there I think you can take it depending on how the game is going. Need more damage? Madred's will do ya fine. Be a bigger nuisance? Frozen Mallet. Needs more tank? Well, I think you can figure it out from there.

Deleted
    http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=2164 though not fully updated it seems.
    http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=2727 also not really updated for the last patch, but it doesn't matter as it had no major changes really.

Deleted
    im starting with dorans ring.
    after that, basic boots.
    then it depends on enemies.
    i either buy philosophers stone(if enemies are rather good, less chances on a kill) to help hold lane and get some gold,
    that 1337 arp weapon(for some hit and run on mediocre enemies),
    or recurve bow(for easy kills on rather bad enemies).

after that, finishing boots(again depending on enemies, mercurys or berserkers)

and now the fun items start.
    build attackspeed against enemies with next to no escape mechanisms,
    build sustainability if your team lacks a tank.

an item i nearly always get is wit's end rather soon. the power of it for its price is amazing imo.

I wouldn't recommend playing a carry WW like you want to, OP. WW's profile is a chaser for low % targets with incredibly high sustain, movement speed and a suppression skill. For that, you need to last longer than the enemy team. While there is a still a line between tanky and full-tank, I would seriously build at least a Glacial Shroud / Frozen Heart, because it basically means you will have won your lane.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    I wouldn't recommend playing a carry WW like you want to, OP. WW's profile is a chaser for low % targets with incredibly high sustain, movement speed and a suppression skill. For that, you need to last longer than the enemy team. While there is a still a line between tanky and full-tank, I would seriously build at least a Glacial Shroud / Frozen Heart, because it basically means you will have won your lane.
    ok cheers, i like Warick but as you say he can be pretty bad in alot of combos that ive seen lately, i just dont have much IP/RP atm to spend on a different Champ, but if i was to switch to a new Champion what would you guys suggest? I like to be melee and i do love the sort of heal that Warick can do to keep constant pressure up, is there any other sort of Champs like that, that are easy to learn/play?

Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaped View Post
    ok cheers, i like Warick but as you say he can be pretty bad in alot of combos that ive seen lately, i just dont have much IP/RP atm to spend on a different Champ, but if i was to switch to a new Champion what would you guys suggest? I like to be melee and i do love the sort of heal that Warick can do to keep constant pressure up, is there any other sort of Champs like that, that are easy to learn/play?

Cheers
    Cho'gath has quite some sustain too and pepole severely underestimate his burst once he's level 6. And well there are quite some solo top champs with good sustain, I suggest you just look at the abilities from a lot of champs and decide if they're soemthing for you. Shen atm is beyond good for solo top. Irelia or Yorick too. In the end it's best that you know more or less every champ, best way to get to know them is to play them yourself, even if you suck with them you ahve an idea what they can and cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Cho'gath has quite some sustain too and pepole severely underestimate his burst once he's level 6. And well there are quite some solo top champs with good sustain, I suggest you just look at the abilities from a lot of champs and decide if they're soemthing for you. Shen atm is beyond good for solo top. Irelia or Yorick too. In the end it's best that you know more or less every champ, best way to get to know them is to play them yourself, even if you suck with them you ahve an idea what they can and cannot do.
    yeah i completely agree, i think if i was to choose out the ones you listed shen probably would be my choice, but il take your advise and try a few before buying one.

http://www.own3d.tv/

When Guardsman Bob streams, watch it. He is probably the highest rated laneWick Ive ever seen stream, and he is very bloody good at WW. His timing with abilities is impeccable, and if anyone has mastered LaneWick, its this guy. On top of that he is a very good streamer in that he will explain to you why he is doing what he is doing, he will point out his mistakes, and he doesnt rage. Oh and his music list is brilliant <3

http://guardsmanbob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=79 Even better I found his website and his guide to Warwick. Still take the chance to watch him if he can, his Warwick play is a masterclass.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    http://www.own3d.tv/

When Guardsman Bob streams, watch it. He is probably the highest rated laneWick Ive ever seen stream, and he is very bloody good at WW. His timing with abilities is impeccable, and if anyone has mastered LaneWick, its this guy. On top of that he is a very good streamer in that he will explain to you why he is doing what he is doing, he will point out his mistakes, and he doesnt rage. Oh and his music list is brilliant <3

http://guardsmanbob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=79 Even better I found his website and his guide to Warwick. Still take the chance to watch him if he can, his Warwick play is a masterclass.
    thanks for the link , just gonna check a few of his vids, appreciate it.