Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    just did a lfr ultraxion in windowed mode on high settings, no lag. I hope it got fixed, going to test it out in my raid tomorrow night.

btw, my resolution is 1280 x 1024 lol...

Deleted
    1280 x 1024
    Crank it up to high! Should run like a champ at that resolution :P

No way in gods green earth your sitting above 30 fps w/ a gts 450 @ 1920x1080 on high. I know this cuz 40-60 is a workload on a better graphics card and better processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Crank it up to high! Should run like a champ at that resolution :P
    I know :P thats what I'm wondering.

Before tinkering with the settings, I'd make sure the computer is properly ventilated. You could have two computers that are completely identical in every way. One of them could be in an open space in a cold room and get awesome FPS. The other one could be in a warm room and the computer case could be shoved up against a wall / corner such that their air vents are blocked, causing it to overheat and kill FPS.

When you installed the new card, did you physically re-position the computer in the room? Did you push it up against a wall or anything like that? is the graphics card seated inside the case in such a way where its not getting ventilated? Is it radiating heat towards the CPU?

To me, its very important to check for physical hardware problems like this before mucking about with the actual settings and configuration in your software.

I have a ancient 8 year old laptop and I can get great FPS by keeping the room cold and blasting the laptop with an industrial fan to throw heat off from the computer.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-02-21 at 01:43 AM.