Restrict the frontpage to one or two articles.

I view MMO-Champion on various devices such as a smartphone, an android tablet and an atom htpc.. I'm sure I am not the only one to do so, and the frontpage takes a hideously long time to load on each one of them. Making a whole mobile style would be a lot of work, so a simpler fix would be to allow only a couple of articles on the front page to reduce loading times and scroll distance. Much as I love MMO-Champion it does remind me of some horrible blog that has ignored basic web design.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Can you make a mobile version of the site?
    A: We'd love to get a mobile version of our CSS for easier browsing from mobile devices, but, again, there's no ETA.
    Although I do agree with you to limit the frontpage with 1-2 articles, you could always just type some extra letters and add: mmo-champion.com/forum, it works fine for me when I'm on my phone.

Someone like you or I who knows the site will find that no problem, but I think new users may just get pissed off when the front page takes 30 seconds before you can properly scroll down. Like wow, mmochampion must cater to the noobs.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normally we restrict it to only one or two articles when we have something particularly big, like the patch recap. At most times, though, we find that a lot of people who check the site only once every few days won't end up looking past the first page to catch up, so they'll end up missing news posts.

If you're trying to get single articles at a time on a mobile device, I might suggest using RSS (feed url: http://www.mmo-champion.com/external...s=120&count=10 ) or twitter ( @Boubouille_MMO ) to get links to individual posts

This site actually crashes on my mobile phone. I suggest replacing the blue posts crap with a recent news list, it saves people scrolling down the page. An RSS feed would be great if I really cared enough about WoW to stay up-to-date all the time, but it just ends up filling up with tonnes of articles between views.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the my Razr Maxx, default browser, it doesn't take long on an LTE service.

Chances are your connection isn't that 'great'. As most '3G' via GSM / CDMA doesn't really go up that high in terms of bandwidth, about 2Mbps download (around 250kBps) is generally what I see. So it can cause some 'lag'. It is partially due to the large amount of article, then again some of the ads also slap on some amount of data needed to download.

For your phone, I suggest probably using Firefox or Opera on this particular site, as forums some how get a fuss with the default browsers for Android (unless you're using an iPhone then I have no clue).

I wish to see MMO-Champion in Tapatalk or some other forum app

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    For the my Razr Maxx, default browser, it doesn't take long on an LTE service.

Chances are your connection isn't that 'great'. As most '3G' via GSM / CDMA doesn't really go up that high in terms of bandwidth, about 2Mbps download (around 250kBps) is generally what I see. So it can cause some 'lag'. It is partially due to the large amount of article, then again some of the ads also slap on some amount of data needed to download.

For your phone, I suggest probably using Firefox or Opera on this particular site, as forums some how get a fuss with the default browsers for Android (unless you're using an iPhone then I have no clue).
    This is over wifi, in Dolphin and Firefox. In Firefox it reboots the whole phone. I think this might have something to do with flash, gotta test.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What has happened to saying "Please" ^^? If I'd be the owner of a site where I offer info for free, I'd immediately get annoyed at these kind of "demads"
    Please don't bother us with your inane posting. This is the suggestions forum, the place where you make suggestions. There's no need for please, because it's a suggestion.

If I seem a little brief it's because the site is badly designed, period. I have some knowledge of how to make websites, and I am offering my insights to the creator, therefore it isn't just a request, it's information on how to improve the website.

If the site is crashing on mobile devices, which are becoming increasingly common, then it is of use to the creator to know this and in his interests to fix it.

If you look at the response to my suggestion, it has nothing to do with technical reasons, and there are other ways to resolve it.

RSS feeds are a cop out. You can't navigate the whole website using RSS.

Hi, I'm going to do a shameless plug and link this previous post of mine : clicky.

I'm currently working on a new faster version which will be available soon.

Please read the post I linked carefully.
    Last edited by Thoorium; 2012-07-03 at 03:24 AM.
    Famous everywhere I go.

That's pretty nice, but what if I'm looking up a raid guide? Or doing a search? I still think that all they have to do is change the number of articles on the frontpage and the site would work a lot better on mobile.

When I was taught webdesign I was taught to design for noobs. Noobs don't have big monitors. Noobs don't scroll. I am not so sure that the average MMO-champion user is much above the level of the noob. There's not a whole lot of need for so many articles on the frontpage when you could show the top two and list the rest. Even on my HD monitor there's lots of scrolling.

hehe,I wish to see MMO-Champion in Tapatalk or some other forum app