Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    After I quit WoW a month ago, I've been getting into all these single-player games I never got to play. Most recently is Skyrim and it was incredible. One thing I hated about Skyrim though, was that there were way too many dungeons. I just wanted to get in and get out of the dungeon as soon as possible. If I play another RPG I don't want it to be over-loaded with dungeons. Anyone who played Skyrim will know what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or maybe Fallout. I'm worried these will have a ton of dungeons though, can anyone give me some recommendations?
    This may have already been suggested, but Mass Effect 3 comes out on the 6th. If you haven't yet you can check out it's demo, or invest your time in trying to complete one and two first so that way you have a fully developed character to port into three : D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    That is cool but you have to kill certain people. But as for the achievement those don't count. Grey Fox is awarded for no alarms going off.
    I'm fairly certain you can get around those two particular bosses without killing them, but it's been a long time since I played. I did learn that you can actually eliminate a certain someone instead of Lebedev and get a completely different dialogue scene and follow-up debriefing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    While I agree that the Uncharted series is amazing, Borderlands is THE most boring FPS I think I've ever played. And I think I've played the vast majority of them. Also, they have forms of dungeons.
    Did you play Borderlands Co-op, or just solo? I can definitly understand it getting boring if you play solo, especially if you are a veteran FPS player. I myself am a veteran RPG player, and will avoid almost all FPS games, unless they have a good campaign game (Doom, Rage & Halo come to mind).

Borderlands is good because there are 4 characters, each with 3 talent trees, so you can play it like an MMO (almost). A lot of people are put of by the style of graphics, but that's opinion, and in mine, it's alright. I recently played Crysis 2 in 3D at a friends place, and OMG was that far better graphically than Borderlands ever could, but I found that after the first 1-2 hours, you had pretty seen all the game had to offer. The upgrade path was very linear, you were given the illusion of choice, but really it doesn't have the options that Broderlands or Deus Ex has for playing through the game.

But back to the main argument, Broderlands in 4-player Co-op mode is pretty insane, as the quantity of baddies on the screen jumps up significantly and you can get great symbosis between the different classes (especially when you have a support-orientated soldier).

If you don't mind some hack and slash, I really loved Titan Quest. There's barely any dungeons and when you do get into a cave, they're quite small and you're out rather fast. The speccing system is really awesome, I loved the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    If you don't mind some hack and slash, I really loved Titan Quest. There's barely any dungeons and when you do get into a cave, they're quite small and you're out rather fast. The speccing system is really awesome, I loved the game.
    Titan Quest made me want to slash my wrists. It's like Diablo 2 without the various mods or fun and was amazingly tedious to play. The spec system was pretty awesome but the gameplay was extremely tedious.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    After I quit WoW a month ago, I've been getting into all these single-player games I never got to play. Most recently is Skyrim and it was incredible. One thing I hated about Skyrim though, was that there were way too many dungeons. I just wanted to get in and get out of the dungeon as soon as possible. If I play another RPG I don't want it to be over-loaded with dungeons. Anyone who played Skyrim will know what I'm talking about. I'm thinking of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or maybe Fallout. I'm worried these will have a ton of dungeons though, can anyone give me some recommendations?
    If you haven't played it yet the Mass Effect series (one of the few game series where the sequal is actually a massive improvent, hopefully 3 will continue this trend) as whole is probably the best RPG experience ever created.

---------- Post added 2012-02-28 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    ME1 was great, but the second game turned out to be a letdown. But both games feature "dungeons"- side missions, and they are all the same copy-pasted outposts on some deserted planet.
    I really can't see how anyone could say this, although you saying ME2 has copy/paste dungeons kinda suggests you didn't give even a real chance. Anyway if you actually enjoyed ME1 give ME2 a REAL chance, I myself couldn't move from ME1 to 2 at my first try mainly because the controls and combat were so different. I decided to give it new go since ME3 is coming and now it is probably my all time favorite game now and I've been playing games for almost 20 years.

My completionist playthrough of ME1 was about 25 hours and my completionist playthrough of ME2 was about 50 hours. ME2 doesn't even have huge fillers like Mako, or sidequests that happen in the same 3 buildings everytime, although it does have planet scanning but that was nerfed in a patch and doesn't take much time now. What I'm trying to say is that ME2(DLCs included) has about twice the content of ME1 and its almost all very high quality unlike ME1 where the games quality really dropped outside the main storyline.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-02-28 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Titan Quest made me want to slash my wrists. It's like Diablo 2 without the various mods or fun and was amazingly tedious to play. The spec system was pretty awesome but the gameplay was extremely tedious.
    To each their own. I preferred Titan Quest to Diablo 2.

Oh man, Titan Quest was so good. What a shame they just couldn't make it gel.

But the dual classing! Yes yes yes yes!

Well, the witcher games have no real dungeons... More like a couple of caves here and there. On the other hand, they don't have much of anything either.

And there is also the "Gothic" game series... If you can live with tons of bugs, horrible quest tracking and, well, VERY BAD dialogues and voices... It has no real dungeons, only some very short caves.

I can understand hating caves in games like Pokemon, but in Skyrim ??!?!