Low DPS? lock in raid

Just recently took over GM of my guild and we been struggling to keep our 10 man going with having to replace a tank and a few others along the line, any way we have a lock that raids with us and i feel he isnt putting up the numbers they should. As we dont have many other options for dps i really want to help them get better but i have never played a lock beyond lvl 45 ish, so i wouldnt know where to start. so i have come to you guys.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...verac/advanced is their armory

here are numbers from recount last raid:

Boss -- Lock dps -- next dps up -- class
    --------------------------------------------------
    Zon'ozz: 37,433 -- 40,273 -- (sp)
    Yor'sahj: 22,427 -- 28,891 -- (sp)
    Hagara: 19,559 -- 24,883 -- (rogue)
    Ultraxion: 27,178 -- 28,604 -- (sp)
    Blackhorn: 15,287* -- 22,982 -- (sp)
    Spine: 10,409* -- 15,795 -- (hunter)
    Madness: 31,080 -- 42,258 -- (rogue)

On every boss fight lock was last place in dmg done and dps, and on blackhorn and spine he didnt even beat the tanks.

Forgot to write down numbers from first boss, we normally 2 heal 2 tanks most the fights and we 1 tank 2 heal madness. i know numbers along dont help much but i cant seem to get the "world of logs" thing to work for me, get an "Cannot read C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Logs\WoWCombatLog.txt" going to try to get this sorted out by our next DS raid sunday so i can post an log for further help.

In the mean time any help you guys can offer would be greatly welcomed. have a good day =)

Deleted
    Cant really judge without the logs, but what spec was he?

The Necromantic focus normal is rather useless, its pretty bad and even darkmooncard volcano is better.

If he played demo, he might want to change Glyph of Conflagerate, as thats a desturction spell!

It's prolly a bad uptime of dots scenario, but without the logs it's hard to call anything

10+ Year Old Account
    We also have a forum for this! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)

Hopefully you can get those logs working, much easier to tell what's going on rather than just dps comparison.

Lower than tanks on Blackhorn is bad, but as for spine...I will tell you that spine sucks for us. Just flat out sucks. We're not the best bursters for tendons, and generally we have to line up our dots falling off at or before the "stop dps point" on amalgs or we'll mess it all up, meaning we kinda stop some of our dps before a stop dps is called for. We're not spriests who can just go all out on the amalgs, then mind spike to remove dots and completely stop dps. Don't judge overall damage for spine. Just don't. The main focus is the tendons, so it's more how he's doing tendon damage wise that more matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    We also have a forum for this! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)

Hopefully you can get those logs working, much easier to tell what's going on rather than just dps comparison.

Lower than tanks on Blackhorn is bad, but as for spine...I will tell you that spine sucks for us. Just flat out sucks. We're not the best bursters for tendons, and generally we have to line up our dots falling off at or before the "stop dps point" on amalgs or we'll mess it all up, meaning we kinda stop some of our dps before a stop dps is called for. We're not spriests who can just go all out on the amalgs, then mind spike to remove dots and completely stop dps. Don't judge overall damage for spine. Just don't. The main focus is the tendons, so it's more how he's doing tendon damage wise that more matters.

off topic sorry but i pull 30k on spine as destro.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    Just recently took over GM of my guild and we been struggling to keep our 10 man going with having to replace a tank and a few others along the line, any way we have a lock that raids with us and i feel he isnt putting up the numbers they should. As we dont have many other options for dps i really want to help them get better but i have never played a lock beyond lvl 45 ish, so i wouldnt know where to start. so i have come to you guys.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...verac/advanced is their armory

here are numbers from recount last raid:

Boss -- Lock dps -- next dps up -- class
    --------------------------------------------------
    Zon'ozz: 37,433 -- 40,273 -- (sp)
    Yor'sahj: 22,427 -- 28,891 -- (sp)
    Hagara: 19,559 -- 24,883 -- (rogue)
    Ultraxion: 27,178 -- 28,604 -- (sp)
    Blackhorn: 15,287* -- 22,982 -- (sp)
    Spine: 10,409* -- 15,795 -- (hunter)
    Madness: 31,080 -- 42,258 -- (rogue)

On every boss fight lock was last place in dmg done and dps, and on blackhorn and spine he didnt even beat the tanks.

Forgot to write down numbers from first boss, we normally 2 heal 2 tanks most the fights and we 1 tank 2 heal madness. i know numbers along dont help much but i cant seem to get the "world of logs" thing to work for me, get an "Cannot read C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Logs\WoWCombatLog.txt" going to try to get this sorted out by our next DS raid sunday so i can post an log for further help.

In the mean time any help you guys can offer would be greatly welcomed. have a good day =)
    imo, have him go destruction its much less hectic than affliction and tends to pull more dps on DS fights. also get him his 4set its really big for locks. if he doesnt know how to play destruction have him look it up or have him pm me. he may be an alliance which i approve of less than heroin addiction but ill still help a fellow lock out.
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2012-02-22 at 01:16 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Couple of things I noted: Get him to switch out Glyph of Bane of Agony to Glyph of Unstable Affliction for his affliction spec. And as mentioned, Glyph of Conflagrate is a destro spell, he should be using Corruption (for multiple targets) or Incinerate (for single target) as demo.

His gear is very crit-heavy. Severe lack of mastery for demo and haste for affliction. Some of his stuff has to be replaced ASAP, e.g. his helm should be replaced with at least the LFR tier helm, as for the belt he should try to get the one off Zon'ozz. Crystalline Brimstone Ring should be dropped ASAP as well. As mentioned, Necromantic Focus is bad all around for any spec, if he's playing demo that should be replaced with MWC or DMC: Volcano.

Judging from his DPS on Blackhorn I'm assuming he played demo for that fight (never tried it myself, I've always played aff or destro for that). But if he was playing affliction then something is very wrong and it mostly likely can be attributed to low dot uptime. Not much else that I can tell without logs.

Use the sticky please