Poll: Will you miss Guild Wars 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna miss it, gonna miss "evry1 iz wearin obby!", gonna miss grinding out all prophecies missions in order to get my titles.
    Like it has been said though, GW1 was merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I won't miss GW1 as I stopped playing shortly after EoTN. I feel like I've gone as far as I want to there and GW2 is all new and exciting with what sounds like truly amazing features.
    My feelings/thoughts exactly.

The first GW was quite fun but I always approached the game in seasonal terms- played during a new expansion to completion. It's somewhat shallow in many regards as a 'no life' MMO, or MOG more appropriately. It's eccentricity and atypical design work against it more often than not. Good fun to dip in & out of, never was a long term game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Not really, I hated GW1 with a passion for its unbearably horrible controls.

GW1 controls in a nutshell:
    That's not really fair. It works for what it is. You don't need jumping, you don't need to over complicate it. It is what it is and if it didn't work then people wouldn't still be playing it today.

Deleted
    i voted no, because i have never been into guild wars. I am not interested in that game at current stage and i rather play wow, and diablo 3 later.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not exactly lively right now.

The game isn't shutting down...

Instead of making a thread for my question I'll just ask here since it's about GW1. I'm considering maybe picking this game up today, but how is the population? Will I be playing all by myself the entire time, or is there still a decent community to make the game worth playing?

sorry gw1 was horrible. it had interesting professions and dungeons/cooperative play but thats about it. the instanced areas, pvp, no jumping and forced paths was terrible i wont miss it i hope they shut down the game so no one has to experience what i had to go through
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Instead of making a thread for my question I'll just ask here since it's about GW1. I'm considering maybe picking this game up today, but how is the population? Will I be playing all by myself the entire time, or is there still a decent community to make the game worth playing?
    Decent sized. The game is niche. Those that loved it basically stood around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Decent sized. The game is niche. Those that loved it basically stood around forever.
    Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. That's how it is in Asherons Call right now. It has a small community, but anyone playing is probably somebody that played the game 8-11 years ago...I've been playing these games for too long ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    sorry gw1 was horrible. it had interesting professions and dungeons/cooperative play but thats about it. the instanced areas, pvp, no jumping and forced paths was terrible i wont miss it i hope they shut down the game so no one has to experience what i had to go through
    You probably are trolling but I'll take the bait. I can understand your QQ about instance areas, jumping and forced paths (through i don't agree with your opinion) but pvp?! GW's pvp is the best in any mmorpg to this date and possibily (talking about GvG here) it'll even be better than GW2.

To the OP: They'll not close the servers anytime soon, but when they do I'm gonna miss it.