Just noticed something...

After looking on the RIFT poster I got with the game, I noticed that Planetouched Wilds is on the map aswell.

http://imgur.com/MLjRx

Was it suppose to be in launch or?

Deleted
    All it means is that they had it planned long before it was released. Nothing more.

I don't think so, I think it was meant to be released soon after but has been pushed back as Trion has responded to the playerbase and added other things like LFD, another warfront, IA and Chronicles, Weddings, etc.

However I still expect to see this soon (not 1.8, probably around 1.10 give or take a patch), there is a large grey area on the map where it should be that we currently cannot reach and I believe that Slipmat took a little jaunt out there a few PTS iterations ago and has some footage that he might trot out for us?

There is also an underwater temple/city in Tempest Deeps that has been there for quite some time, possibly since release which Trion has done nothing with yet.

Prior to the announcement of Ember Isle I was hoping it would be a new underwater zone given the amount of water breathing gear released with Waves of Madness.

People have made it into the Planetouched Wilds on the PTS. It's super unfinished, but you can find the images/vids if you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    People have made it into the Planetouched Wilds on the PTS. It's super unfinished, but you can find the images/vids if you look.
    From the images I data mined it is not as unfinished as it was. Trion has gone to monumental lengths to keep us out of that place for about 3 months. I have datamined images of a new race called the Estrian who are apparently sub worshipers it seems from the building design.

They are hiding something over there that I bet is for like patch 1.9 or later.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shiiiiiiiiiiit, where can I get one of those maps?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Shiiiiiiiiiiit, where can I get one of those maps?
    eBay maybe?

Also it was in the Collectors Edition Box, as seen here.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-02-20 at 04:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the downloadable collector's edition back in like October.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I got the poster in the Standard Edition when I bought it at release

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    (not 1.8, probably around 1.10 give or take a patch),
    Wouldn't it be 1.91 or something like that? I have the digital collectors edition but would love to have that map.

I got the map in the standard edition from walmart back in August. I never really even noticed it. No map of Ember Isle, though I love when they have maps included with the game. It's why I really dislike digital downloads, honestly. Not to mention that if the company goes under (which I seriously hope doesn't happen to Trion), you will never be able to get the digital download of the game you spent money on. Whenever possible, I prefer to get the physical copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Wouldn't it be 1.91 or something like that?
    Nope, convention is that it's 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, etc. If there are mini patches in between then it's 1.9.1, 1.10.1, 1.11.1, 1.12.1, etc.

Maybe we'll see an expansion later (Q4) this year, and we'll move to 2.0