Useful warzone/PVP stats & info

Hey everyone, I compiled some information I find pretty useful to help me with the pvp grind from various sources - Reddit, SWTOR forums, sithwarrior.com.

Hope you find it useful as well

This is a short TLR version of the guide I made here: http://dulfy.net/2012/02/20/useful-w...-statistics-3/

Expertise and PvP Bonus
    Source: sithwarrior.com formula

Expertise granted Pvp Bonus caps out at 20%. Here is a table showing you how much PvP bonus you get per expertise.

This graph will help you to see the diminishing returns

Expertise and Gear

Centurion (tier 1.1), Champion (tier 1.2) and Battlemaster (tier 1.3) all grant various expertise bonuses - Centurion totals at 466 expertise, Columi totals at 650 and Battlemaster totals at 700.

To see the exact expertise distribution for each of the gear, please see

Warzone Medal List
    Source: Reddit

Quote:
    Medal Ranking:
    The Gold ranking is awarded for earning 6 or more medals during a match
    The Silver ranking is awarded for 3-5 medals
    The Bronze ranking is awarded for 1-2 medals

Announcements
    Unbeatable announcement is unlocked if you earn 4 medals since last death
    Invincible announcement is unlocked if you earn 7 medals since last death
    Immortal announcement is unlocked if you earn 9 medals since last death

Medals:
    Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal
    Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack
    Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal
    Anihilator – 5K damage from a single attack
    Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player
    Combatant – Dealing 75k damage
    Destroyer – Dealing 300K damage
    Healer – Healing 75K
    Savior – Healing 300K
    Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points
    Warden – Earning 3k Defender Points
    Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight
    Shield – 5k Protection
    Protector – 50K Protection (thanks meatballz/adlarn)
    Guardian – 2k Protection since last death
    Paladin – 10k Protection since last death
    Commando – Killing 10 enemy players
    Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players

Amount of Valor for next level

Source: Bubble_boy on SWTOR
    forums

Assuming you get 1k valor per match and each match takes 15 minutes, you would need 136 hrs to reach rank 60 - that is 5.67 days at 24 hrs a day total ~ 545 warzone matches.

You can see rest of the valor data here, including valor difference between ranks, cumulative valor etc.

Here is a chart to help you see the big gaps in valor

Valor rank and titles
    Source: Reddit

Quote:
    Valor Titles: Every 10 ranks in valor will give you a new title -
    Skirmisher – Valor Rank 10
    Duelist – Valor Rank 20
    Gladiator – Valor Rank 30
    Centurion – Valor Rank 40
    Champion – Valor Rank 50
    Battlemaster – Valor Rank 60
    War Hero – Valor Rank 70
    Conqueror – Valor Rank 80
    Warlord – Valor Rank 90
    Elite Warlord – Valor Rank 100

Resolve system - mechanics
    Source: Taugrim.com

Resolve is the circular bar to the left of your character’s portrait.

It fills to full at 800 but does not provide CC immunity until it reaches 1000 (bar turns white).
    • Stun give 200 resolve to affected player per second of the stun
    • Mez give 100 resolve to affected player per second of the mez
    • Knockback/Pull (grapple) give 400 resolve
    • Snare/Root do not give any resolve and still applicable to targets with CC immunity (>= 1000 resolve)

Stun/Mez/Knockback abilities applied to an enemy under 1000 resolve that will push the enemy to or over 1000 resolve will generate resolve at 150% (i.e. an 2 second stun applied to someone at 800 resolve will generate 2x 200 *1.5 = 600 resolve, pushing the target to 1400 resolve.

CC abilities applied to someone at or over the 1000 threshold do not add any additional resolve

Resolve drains at a certain rate
    • For players under 1000 resolve, resolve start to drain once the CC effect ends at a rate of 25 resolve per second.
    • For players with 1000 or higher resolve, resolve will drain as soon the 1000 mark is reached at a rate of 100 resolve per second.

Ilum Valor buffs
    • War effort – this buff can be stacked upto 5 times depending on how many objectives your team control. It give you 200% valor bonus per player kill on Ilum and additional 200 valor per warzone completion at 5 stacks. Last 30 minutes.
    • Defender – Defender buff is granted to players on Ilum who fight near an objective that their faction control. It give valor bonus per player kill
    • 20 base valor is granted per player kill on Ilum – this is modified by the war effort and defender buff. If the enemy player was recently killed, you get 0 valor.

Warzone valor gain
    • Valor gain in Warzones is affected by
    • Win/Lose of the match
    • How long the match lasts
    • Number of medals obtained – 50 valor per medal + 5 commendations
    • Number of MVP received – 50 valor per MVP vote + 1 commendation
    • War Effort buff – 200 valor bonus if you have 5 stacks
    Last edited by dulfy; 2012-02-21 at 04:28 AM.

you mixed up columi/rakata with champion/battlemaster in the gear section.

yup corrected! ty

Could you explain what mez is?

Sorry if this was not clear - mez is a short for mesmerization - originally an EQ1 term referning to CC effects where the enemy is taken out of the fight and breaks if the enemy takes damage.
    I usually use the term CC for it but CC refers to a wide variety of effects and I could not find a good alternative other than mez

Ah, thanks! Played WoW since beta, but never heard that term. Never played EQ though. Great guide btw, especially the medals section. Cleared up a lot of questions I had.

Awesome guide, goes into great lengths of detail. Do you have more information on how objective points are earned for offense/defense in the various warzones?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Ah, thanks! Played WoW since beta, but never heard that term. Never played EQ though. Great guide btw, especially the medals section. Cleared up a lot of questions I had.
    Maybe cause this is not WoW section ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mez is not a term only for SWTOR though.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Deleted
    Great job. I want this to be sticky!

Yes, please sticky this as this is the most definitive guide to PvP I have come across.

Also, the Valor curve is whacked IMHO. That non-linearity from 50-60 is ridiculous and I don't understand the point of it other than a cock-block for higher ranks. Which historically is a dumb reason as the differentiation in players is not skill but the person with high pain threshold to grind through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great post! I'm certainly going to rethink my battlemaster grind now. It takes more valor to get from 50 to 60 than from 1 to 50. That's absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is kind of cool, something that will take time and something to shoot for. Now I do not pvp hardcore just for fun so am only valor 26 or so but over time if I get battlemaster it will feel cool having it and others who could not be bothered raging about it.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

excellent, great post
    Check out my Blog if you want to learn how to Dominate SWTOR!
    It will teach you everything you need to know!
    ultimate-swtor-guide.blogspot.com/

thank you sir/madaam , good info--i appreciate the pictures
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Nice work, I have looked all over trying to figure out the MVP rewards its nice to see something on that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Just a FYI in case someone is looking over their battlemaster mainhands - some have 48 expertise like this one http://i.imgur.com/xbCOn.png while others have +51 expertise. Not sure if bug or not but the 3 expertise difference shouldn't matter :P

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 11:28 PM ----------

Made adjustment to the resolve section
    For players at >= 1000 resolve, stun, mez and knockback/pull will give 150% resolve (i.e. stun now give 300 resolve per second) and continues to add to the resolve beyond 1000 even though the player is now CC immune.
    Has being changed to

Stun/Mez/Knockback abilities applied to an enemy under 1000 resolve that will push the enemy to or over 1000 resolve will generate resolve at 150% (i.e. an 2 second stun applied to someone at 800 resolve will generate 2x 200 *1.5 = 600 resolve, pushing the target to 1400 resolve.

CC abilities applied to someone at or over the 1000 threshold do not add any additional resolve