Poll: What to get ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The PSVita will have a Doctor Who Game !

Also as mentioned before, an Ipad is something you use to work and the PSVita a game console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    I agree with TC. He is asking if you would rather one or the other. If you don't want either then the poll is not for you. My guess is he is deciding between the two of them and our results will help him determine which he should get, and if not then its still a poll on one or the other. Coming in to a poll that is dedicated to the two devices and then complaining that you don't like either of them is quite childish and TC was right in telling you what he did.

As for the whole smartphones vs gaming handhelds, this is such a joke. Smartphones only sell more because THEY.ARE.A.PHONE.... As the 3DS sales have proven, handheld gaming is stronger than ever. Its setting sales records. And a device not selling at number one in Japan means nothing. The 360 has only a little over 1 million sales in Japan and it seems to be doing just fine without them. A 3DS or Vita also doesn't come with contracts and monthly fees and has something called buttons and analog sticks which is what gamers want. Not java games that can be played for free on a computer and require touch screens only. Find me a smartphone not on a contract, that is as powerful as the Vita for the same price or less. Have fun with your constant playthroughs of Angry Birds on your ipod touch though, I will be enjoying my Bioshocks, Resident Evils and Call of Duties on the go!

Ipads are very useful. Do you also find laptops useless devices? An Ipad offers nearly everything a laptop does for around the same price, but with far more convenience than hauling around a laptop. A businessman can pull out his Ipad and have it on and showing his work within seconds, a student can pull it out on the bus and watch a movie, surf the net, listen to music, or read a book. Its popular because its convenient and powerful. Your ipod touch is just a little toy gimmick compared to an Ipad.
    I didn't complain about either I asked why I should get either of these devices when I see no need for either. Your stance on both is pretty laughable though. The 3ds is currently costing Nintendo loads of money even though it has sold a good amount. Don't believe me here's an article from last month about it. http://mashable.com/2012/01/26/nintendo-sale/

The Ipad being more powerful than the Ipod touch? It's bigger and has more memory if you buy the 3g version it's got 3g access and thats it really, same OS, same apps, etc.

Have you looked at the costs on your PS Vita ? The no contract DataConnect Month Pass 1GB $50 per month same as is for Ipad
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...s/netbooks.jsp

Actually the funny thing here is if you get the 3G version of the Ipad it's the same service with the Vita and same price.

That pretty much seals the Vita for me I don't really play a lot of games anymore as I'm older and have other things to do and I am ok playing angry birds on my non contracted smart phone that costs me 35$ a month and only cost me $99 when I bought it.

"Do you also find laptops useless devices?" Not sure where the implication was that I don't like laptops. No, I use my laptop everyday. In fact I am on it right now which is probably another reason I am not really interested in either item. How my input was childish I don't get that either I suppose making a bunch of untrue statements is more adult?

10+ Year Old Account
    IPad can't use flash.

I think the choice is obvious if you intent to play games.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

IPad. If you want games, you can have them on an IPad as well. But once you run out of games on the PSV, you are very very limited in what else you can do with it.

Edit: However, if you are actually buying something for the sake of gaming, I would go with the PSV. After all, it's a gaming handheld
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-02-20 at 10:17 PM.

This is kind of an apple and oranges comparison but it really boils down to what your mainly going to use it for.

PSvita - Mainly for gaming, yes it can browse the web and things like that like an ipad can but not as well and not as fluidly.

Ipad - Mainly for web browsing, running silly little apps and things, can it play games? yes but only if you consider angry birds gaming... meaning not nearly the quality of games you will find for the psvita.

But i think that they are both good products (don't listen to brand fan-boys) but just like when you are faced with any kind of decision between electronics, whether its different computers or different TV's, you need to establish what you are going to use it for. then figure out which product excels at those needs.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2012-02-20 at 10:51 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Depends what you want it for, an IPAD is not much cop for games and the Vita is pretty limited for apps.

Aggreeeee!

I already have and ipad 1, so I have absolutely no interest in getting number 3, but even if I didn't I'd get a Psvita because it's more dedicated toward gaming and can do pretty much everything and ipad can.

I might get a iphone or smartphone soon, so I don't see why I'd ever get and ipad or tablet again unless my laptop broke or something.

Dude are you serious? I'd never buy an IPAD. Apple really, really, really doesn't like losing control of their products which is why they will never support flash. Apps? games? Seriously... Get a vita. Stay away from apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    Vita well in theory started out to be something nice but it seems that the Developers have kinda starting pulling out. Looking at the sales in Japan and how they massively dropped I think I would wait and see. Lets just hope it is better than that PsP to go thing, what a crap pad that was.
    I think they would have to put a lot of effort to make Vita do as bad as PSP Go. At worse I think PSV will be on the same boat as PSP was, decent sells, but nowhere as big as ds. However, PSV will probably have the reverse of PSP, being more popular in US instead of Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with iPad

Very constructive feedback thanks alot guys

It was just a case of my curiosity tbh. If someone came to your door giving you a free IPad or PSVita which one would you take :P NO RESALE VALUE :P

lol, poll is 50/50. We are no help at all

Deleted
    PS Vita all the way.

It's made for gaming. It has a dedicated network. There is the chance of Monster Hunter (WoW fans take note and look up). It looks hawt. Has dual joysticks/buttons

iPad 2

You've bought an apple product so you need to buy more to get the best use from the device. There are no buttons to press. Most importantly has anyone tried to use it not standing or sitting... It's a nuisance

Cold

TBH polls just bring people into the thread "Oh a poll! CLICK" haha

Was the comments and opinions on the hardware I was after lol

Deleted
    It's really apps/ebooks vs games, whichever floats your boat more.

That's why the whole poll is pretty stupid, they clearly have different target audience and purpose. Almost the same as asking whichever you want more, PS3 or iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Janzor View Post
    It's really apps/ebooks vs games, whichever floats your boat more.

That's why the whole poll is pretty stupid, they clearly have different target audience and purpose. Almost the same as asking whichever you want more, PS3 or iPhone.
    Its not stupid at all ? Its not about what I want or what I prefer ?? Im asking what YOU prefer. Hence why I haven't stated what I want or like.

My father is an artist and does a lot of large public work projects. He has to constantly lug around this big cluttered briefcase to meetings and stuff, filled with pictures, designs, blueprints, invoices, etc....
    He has been looking for a solution for this for years. Now that tablets are starting to get really good he thinks that getting one would be a great step up. He will likely be getting the Ipad 3 when it comes out (likely to be announced march 7th and released on march 14th). As a student I would also probably go for the Ipad just because of the general usefulness and portability. I have a laptop for if I want to game on the go, and the types of games I like to play (BF3, Skyrim, etc...) are miles ahead of what any dumpy hand held is capable of anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hakusan View Post
    Dude are you serious? I'd never buy an IPAD. Apple really, really, really doesn't like losing control of their products which is why they will never support flash. Apps? games? Seriously... Get a vita. Stay away from apple.
    A couple years ago I would have agreed with you, but now even Adobe's CEO admits Flash is dead, they are moving on. Its going to be literally gone before 2013.
    Apple quit supporting flash becuase Steve Jobs saw the proof in the pudding and knew flash drags on systems, so he just jumped ahead of the wolf pack as usual and said what everyone else in the business was thinking.

---------------
    also at the people saying "LOL ipad/tablets in general" are stupid, they are just big version of the ipod touch"... Why the hell would you even get an Ipod touch? Seriously... An Iphone, or really any smartphone can hold music and surf the web just as well, or in fact BETTER than an pod touch...

I am betting that Apple will be dropping full sized Ipods in a few years as the Iphone sequels get thinner and thinner and the mini ipods get more and more powerful. They won't want to waste time on a market that's just going to get cannibalized by their other products.
    Last edited by misspellar; 2012-02-21 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah I can't imagine a scenario where I would ever game seriously on a handheld, so I would personally go iPad for the bigger screen, larger video playback, browsing, apps etc. But it's all what you want. Someone said if its games, its Vita. End of. Personally I just have a kindle as i'm an avid reader.

Neither an option?

Quote Originally Posted by pvpKILLSwow View Post
    Neither an option?
    Nope

/10char