Thread: Junglers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Currently I sit with Nocturne, Udyr and Rammus, with Skarner down the road. Udyr for clearing speed, Nocturne for ganks and strong AD melee, and Rammus for tank and gank. Also thinking about Volibear, already have him, so might as well use him.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-02-20 at 09:43 PM.

Fastest Jungler : Mundo(although not the best at ganking,he IS the fastest)
    Good for disrupting enemy jungle : Shyvana,volibear
    Good junglers(both for ganking and jungling) : Udyr,Olaf,Jarvan,Shaco,Amumu,rammus,yi,lee sin,Noc,SKARNER,Trundle

What i jungle with? Skarner,Udyr,Shyvana,Olaf and Shaco.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkVJCTpkHp4

Άλλο ένα Σάββατο Βράδυ

Quote Originally Posted by Naevan View Post
    Fastest Jungler : Mundo(although not the best at ganking,he IS the fastest)
    Good for disrupting enemy jungle : Shyvana,volibear
    Good junglers(both for ganking and jungling) : Udyr,Olaf,Jarvan,Shaco,Amumu,rammus,yi,lee sin,Noc,SKARNER,Trundle

What i jungle with? Skarner,Udyr,Shyvana,Olaf and Shaco.
    Ain't Shyvana better at Solo Top? She doesn't seems to have any way to secure a gank. She got her Ulti, but a flash and it's countered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Ain't Shyvana better at Solo Top? She doesn't seems to have any way to secure a gank. She got her Ulti, but a flash and it's countered.
    Shyvana ganks are only most effective if paired with Lane CC, someone like Ryze or Taric. She has phenomenal damage, but no gap closers or anything until 6. As a solo top, she kills shit. Fast. She clears waves and can then roam. M5 played her as solo top, having her clear waves then take OddOne's jungles. Oddone fell behind, couldn't gank, and the game became somewhat of a 5v4.

Also the jungle tier lists are fine, Thoukaia has some weird hatred towards them, feel free to use them. As long as you don't hold to the religiously they are a nice resource.

Nocturne, Udyr, & Rammus are fine picks. Nocturne isn't as great as he was in the old jungle, but he's still good. Deadly ganks, just build him tanky. Glass cannon is a pubstomp build. Udyr is general god, great clear time, ganks that usually always force a flash, strong dueling & counter jungling, and he transitions well into late game. Rammus is strong also, but he's banned more than the previous two.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    If you've read up to here, good for you. I have just one last thing to say: never trust anything that advertises itself as a "jungle tier list". This is the stupidest thing ever. Laning tier lists are stupid enough already, but it kinda makes sense because some champions will just outright beat everyone else in lane (cough GP top cough Cassio mid cough). Junglers do not pit themselves against each other like laners do and so there is absolutely no way to compare them. There are a billion things to consider when determining which jungler will increase the team's chances of winning the most, given a specific lane setup, meaning that in the jungle there are no tiers, there's just viable and non-viable. Pick your jungler based on what complements your team (mostly your mid and top) and what counters the enemy team.
    So clearing speed and the effectiveness of ganks don't allow a tier list to be a good thing to look at? Pretty damn sure you can rate those things.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    She's pretty damn fast though, has some serious damage and is a great counterjungler since there's basically no one who out damages her.

I usually jungle with Skarner or Shyvana. Shyvana because she moves pretty quick through the jungle, and she's basically an unkillable beast by mid game. Skarner because his utility is through the roof. Permaslow and an extremely useful ultimate.

Deleted
    I bought Udyr yesterday, and after a couple of games so far i'm loving him. Does anyone (especially if you play Udyr as a main / regularly) have any generalised tips for playing him?

So far my Jungle path is -> Wolves - Blue - Wraiths - Red - Golems - (Wolves - Wraiths - Golems) } repeat until a Gank opportunity opens up / I try and invade.

Itemwise I start with a Vampiric Scepter, upgrading to Wriggle's ASAP then Merc treads, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet and then go for AtMog's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    I bought Udyr yesterday, and after a couple of games so far i'm loving him. Does anyone (especially if you play Udyr as a main / regularly) have any generalised tips for playing him?

So far my Jungle path is -> Wolves - Blue - Wraiths - Red - Golems - (Wolves - Wraiths - Golems) } repeat until a Gank opportunity opens up / I try and invade.

Itemwise I start with a Vampiric Scepter, upgrading to Wriggle's ASAP then Merc treads, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet and then go for AtMog's.
    I for one am NOT a fan of Wriggles on Udyr. If I play him I play him Phoenix jungle anyway and you clear waves so fast the wriggles doesn't have time to proc. You don't need the sustainability it brings either, since well .. you're Udyr.

"But what about dragon and baroonnnnnn????!!!". Imo when your team NEEDS a wriggles for those 2, something is wrong anyway.

I generally start with cloth + pots and 1 point in Phoenix, do wolves and blue with a leash, take turtle at level 2 and then basically go R>W>E>Q. Boots get upgraded into either Ninja tabi or Mercs depending on enemy team. You could buy a HoG too but it's not needed in general, then rush Wit's End and start getting tanky. When you're tanky enough you could get a Madreds if they stack health, or a Trinity Force for insane damage or you could get a Zekes Herald is someone else also benefits from it.

So no one here thinks a pantheon jungler is any good ?

He has a nocturne ult, stun, execute and a good nuke ability in his heartseeker ?

You go the same built as noc and they basicly work the same except Panth is waay better at tower diving due to his passive..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post

I mained an Udyr jungle a while back and have a few tips. The first is to go Cloth Armour 5x health pots. Building a Wriggle's on Udyr is pretty pointless because the proc doesn't proc a lot whilst jungling due to how fast you kill stuff and the fact that quite a lot of your damage is magic. That is why I go 5x Health Pot and Cloth.

I follow the same path as you with wolves > blue > wraiths > golems > red > gank but build quite differently. After the cloth armour, I buy Boots of Speed which will get built into Mercury Treads if they have magic and CC, Ninja Tabi if they don't. I then start on a Wit's End, no matter what my end game goal is. The damage and Attack Speed from it is very nice with Udyr. After that, I decide what I need to do in the game. If I am going tanky, I would get a Randuin's, a Force of Nature, a Spirit Visage and either a Warmogs or a Guardian Angel considering I will always be in their face. If needing damage, I would get a instead of the Spirit Visage any maybe 1 more damage item to replace Warmogs/GA.

As you can tell, I build Udyr rather tanky.

Masteries are 9/21/0 and I use attack speed reds, armour yellow and MR blue. Armour pen quints.

Any champ can jungle. But some are fantastic junglers.

I find shyvana jungle is ONLY good if you have cc to cover her lack of it. If your team has 2/3 cc minimum shyvana is a good pick. Otherwise you will be hard pressed to do many ganks.

so in my thinking if my team has 2/3 people who can stun I will consider, shyvana, GP trynd (two have slows but no hard CC)
    if my team has less than 2/3 cc then I won't consider those champions unless I think I can pull it off via counter jungling or well timed ganks.

Anyways my list of junglers I play.

Amumu, great for AOE ball of death teams, too reliant on Q for ganks before level 6. Needs that early blue to jungle so needs heavy protection at blue at 1
    Rammus, great early game ganker but weak against high burst and mobility ap champs. (leblanc detroys him)
    leesin, can gank at level 1 via lane ganking. take plenty of wards with him so you can place them around the jungle to leap into and out of combat. Reliant on his Q early game like mumu.
    Shyvana, great clear speed (personally shes the fasted i've tried so far as I max her W while jungling then q) and best counter jungler I have seen. Lack of cc so requires good team work
    Trynd, a bit weak ganking wise but ramps up late game.
    GP, pretty good ganks level 6 is always handy!
    maoki, good ganker. Like mumu requires that early blue to really keep him in it.
    volibear against certain teams his flip and passive mean you can dive into a team (you would be getting high hp items on volibear anyway) flip their carry and get out with your life intact!
    Shaco, good low level ganks but trails off late game and is only really capable of split pushing.
    Cho, he is quite good as a jungler and with his q you can get some good early ganks in!
    Poppy, I sometimes bring out my inner troll and get poppy jungle going. Her ganks can be very good due to her charge and q plus her run speed.

Deleted
    How about Olaf? I haven't played the game in a good while, so I'm lagging behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does better in top lane. Missing your axe means a ruined gank pretty much.

Nocturne is the best for jungle and you can make the game is with him,just gank after blue and help lanes .

Nocturnes fear is really strong apart from when I play him. If I fear someone he fears away, If i'm feared I get feared towards the enemy! :/ (any fiddlesticks player knows my pain!

Nocturne is a great jungler still really good level 6 gank capability as well you can stay just out of ward range and spank that R button

10+ Year Old Account
    Panth jungle is all about ganks. He can't farm Jungle well and since red buff doesn't apply on spells his ganks aren't as scary.

For Udyr run Movespeed Quints & start boots/3 pots. You don't need the Cloth Armor and building into Wriggles is pointless if you're running Pheonix like 90% of the junbgle Udyrs. Grab t2 boots first recall usually, Wit's end, then tanky. Your damage is good midgame through Pheonix alone and late game you are a tank/carry lock down