Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Your link is too short.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6Ck...HP8h9NP3QwvLCW
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I was worried about how the charr would look in game in comparison to the other races (maybe because a lot of the presets at conventions and etc did not look very good at all) but after watching the charr creation video i am amazed at how much you can do with it. Also....soo many videos lol.
    Right? I did not realize the level of badassery that you could achieve with the male charr.

Deleted
    Ohh,can't wait to play this for my self!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Slacking on asura though =( And a bit too much melee for mesmer so far, not good, not good =)
    Mesmer looks like a dedicated minion master class down to having the "extra resource" part of UI being fully dedicated to minions and every weapon having one or several minion skills. I found that profoundly disappointing, it's just not a "mesmer" in any applicable way when played like that, it's a death necromancer with purple magic instead of green and stealth mechanics. If you like playing as your character and not as a micro manager for minion army, mesmer is just not a functional class.

Funnily, necromancer's minions are fully optional with any and all weapons. On the upside elementalists keep looking more and more versatile and interesting now as far as caster classes go.

The char look amazing! I am considering playing one now, probably not for my main but I will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Mesmer looks like a dedicated minion master class down to having the "extra resource" part of UI being fully dedicated to minions and every weapon having one or several minion skills. I found that profoundly disappointing, it's just not a "mesmer" in any applicable way when played like that, it's a death necromancer with purple magic instead of green and stealth mechanics. If you like playing as your character and not as a micro manager for minion army, mesmer is just not a functional class.

Funnily, necromancer's minions are fully optional with any and all weapons. On the upside elementalists keep looking more and more versatile and interesting now as far as caster classes go.
    I too have to voice my minor disappointments with some of the mesmer abilities. Particular their elite spells which seem to lack that unique "Ooomph!" the other classes' elite spells have.

Meh, but beta is beta after all, so there's no need to get all riled up.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-02-20 at 06:53 PM.

I know that two of the races were unplayable to the this closed beta so there will be little information on them... BUT, the Norn characters have been around for a while in testing, and beta... yet i cannot find any videos that show the Norn in animal form, was this also not available for this press closed beta? If anyone find a video that shows the Norn in their animal forms please direct me to it... i have seen short clips where if you pause it just right or squint you can make them out, i want something a bit more substantial! thanks!

i was excited till i saw these vids.. the animations and textures are bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kravok View Post
    There are already a billion posts explaining why videos have not the greatest animations/textures. For brevity's sake, it's beta.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    There are already a billion posts explaining why videos have not the greatest animations/textures. For brevity's sake, it's beta.
    a billion? i havent seen a single one ...

10+ Year Old Account
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion...

But do you really feel that way, even after seeing some of the higher quality videos, like this one? Well, there will likely be some improvement between now and release, given that it's an early beta... but I think you're in a minority here thinking that it's a "bad" looking game. Oh well.

dont know , think it looked better at games com :/ maybe its just the zone

omg thank you! I will be watching ALL of these.

dont know , think it looked better at games com :/ maybe its just the zone
    I had the same feeling, some of the video's i saw were just very low quality. And i think its maybe the people playing it that run it on low or poor machines.
    Because there are still some movies that do look very mint. Doubt the game would suddenly DROP in graphical quality.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I had the same feeling, some of the video's i saw were just very low quality. And i think its maybe the people playing it that run it on low or poor machines.
    Because there are still some movies that do look very mint. Doubt the game would suddenly DROP in graphical quality.
    yeah but the gameplay looks nice on all the settings

I'm not TOO impressed by these videos, I'm having more hope in TB's promised videos, would like to see a fairly long playthrough on something. Should maybe check out Yogcast tomorrow too.

a billion? i havent seen a single one ...
    Reasons range from performance issues on AMD/ATI machines to the fact that game is generally not optimized and the fact that they have to run FRAPS or similar live video capper at the same time as the game, taxing even a high end system pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'm not TOO impressed by these videos, I'm having more hope in TB's promised videos, would like to see a fairly long playthrough on something. Should maybe check out Yogcast tomorrow too.
    Yea same. Bad play, bad presentation and not a lot of rigour. Most of these are dull.

The best I seen since this morning was Mike B's BFF Report. Where he actually had a lot more thoughtful things to say in a crammed 20 min vid. I mean one of the Curse videos ended with, "My cat is scratching at the door."

Lots of garbage so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    well the video tb`s wife made looked booring

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea same. Bad play, bad presentation and not a lot of rigour. Most of these are dull.

The best I seen since this morning was Mike B's BFF Report. Where he actually had a lot more thoughtful things to say in a crammed 20 min vid. I mean one of the Curse videos ended with, "My cat is scratching at the door."

Lots of garbage so far.
    The 45min WvW one was pretty good aswell to be honest. But the other ones so far are all a disapointment, not the game but the video's. Its like everyone decided to showcase the Mesmer and played rather poorly or showed long dragged video's.

Im not interested in having the entire starting area of a race spoiled to me and follow the whole story i will undoubtedly go through myself anyway someday. Im curious to see abilities and classes in action. Show me some PvP and a dungeon or two. and more WvW >:P