Deleted

Heroic : Madness of deathwing tank CD rotations on impales

Hello there before getting our madness of deathwing heroic kill we had quite a few problems with tanks surviving during the impales which does around 1.2 million dmg and can not be reduced thro armor. So basicly after our kill i wanted to share the CD rotaions for each platform to my fellow tanks. Get the hyjal trinket its the most powerfull one for that fight the otherone is optional, Have a disc priest if you run 25 man guild like we do run even 2 thier big shileds are really great just make sure to tell your priests to apply the PW:S just when the corruption is about to cast impale.

Ysera
    platform 1, impale 1: Dream + B-Shield + PW:S + Sac + VB + (Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg)
    platform 1, impale 2: dream + divine protection + trinket (Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg) + sac

Alextraza
    platform 2, impale 1: IBF + B-Shield + PW:S + Sac + VB + (Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg)
    platform 2, impale 2: PS + divine protection + trinket (Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg) + sac

Nozdormu
    platform 3, impale 1: PS + B-Shield + PW:S + HoSac + VB + trinket(Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg)
    platform 3, impale 2: GOAK + devine protection + trinket (Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg) + sac

Kalecgos
    platform 4, impale 1: IBF + B-Shield + PW:S + HoSac + VP + trinket(Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg)
    platform 4, impale 2: PS + devine prot + ardent defender + sac + trinket(Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg)
    platform4, impale 3: dancing rune + army + B- shield + sac + VB + PS + trinket (Hyjal trinket 20% reduc dmg)

The cd rotaion above are meant to be for pala and dk tanks but just change the similar dmg reduc cds to warr or druid it will work with no problem but make sure u give sac on everyplatform and the guy who sacs you needs to use devine prot unglyphed her/himslef the dmg is big. We some tiems got third impale on last platform and sometimes not but we made cds for third aswell incase the dps will be too low to kill the corruption in time.

I hope this helped and gl getting your kill

Looks right for a dk, but certainly wrong for pala. Why would you use smaller cds twice and only GOAK once? < rhetorical. Second and fourth are GoaK, DP, Sac and Hyjal trink. First is obv dream and the above and third is AD, DP, Sac, Hyjal and one more, we use rallying cry but painsup/spirit link/pw:s (something else is needed to make sure you live 100% of the time) would all work. If you do that you would also have ardent for the fourth platform, as well as all cds up for p2.

TLDR - Using GoaK on 3 just makes no sense at all.

Deleted
    becuase we run 2 x disc priests and the reason for that is you will have goak for 4th platform if things getting messy or its 100% chance u go into last phase with an extra cd for the terrors plus i am the pala tank myself i dont get below 80% each impale with that cd rotation we run so certainly u cant say its wrong, its just a diffrent way of doing it.

What my guild ended up revising our strat to is having both me(paladin) and our warrior tank wearing tol barad trinket as an extra cooldown for bloods/terrors, and using a 3 tank rotation for impale with a feral being the third guy, so it ended up being:

Paladin, Warrior; Druid, Paladin; Warrior, Druid; Paladin Warrior

with each tank using all of their cds plus getting an external for each impale except for the first platform.

it ended up speeding up the platform progression a lot instead of having to wait for my 3 minute cooldown to go to the next platform, freed up about an extra 30 seconds total to beat the enrage at the end which is a lot of comfort zone

no, it is wrong. either that or you arent explaining yourself right because in op you said you didnt use goak on 4th, then above you just said you did (i get what you mean now, but have no clue what "if things get messy" means, what can get messy here). either way, its wrong. if you want to prove its not wrong then explain to me why you would opt out of using goak for 2 impales (one being 4th, which is obv the worst) and having it for the last phase also? and the 100% chance of having it for terrors comment, you have it for terrors regardless of where you use it prior to p2, unless you are the second tank, which in this case now you have your tanking order wrong. now that i look back to the op that is the case. not telling you what to do because you clearly have already downed this, but using the dk for the second impale is much smarter due to bloodshield.
    Last edited by Brosterr; 2012-02-20 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    Well about the messy part was sometiems when the metoer lands you take some dmg taht gets you quite low for the impale so if that happens if the shield from guarded by light wont absorb enough i just simply pop my goak there and it worked well for me but on the kill try i never had to since the impact dmg got completly absorbed by the tolbarad trinket i didnt menstion that cus that trinket can be optional, i udnerstand what u mean by using the goak 2 times and getting it back in time and about the implae roation you stated i figuired out i took alot more than teh dk when he was tanking the bloods so we decided to swap the rotaion and worked out greatly, I am just helping guilds who havnt doned this there are prob 10 diff cd rotaions for this and every guild using diffrent one and ofc whoever uses this they can just rerorate or use other cds for it.

Quote Originally Posted by skiby View Post
    i figuired out i took alot more than teh dk when he was tanking the bloods so we decided to swap the rotaion and worked out greatly.
    The impale and bloods happen at different times. If the dk takes seconds impale and you taunt off him during the cast he would never have the bloods with any sort of danger incoming (not tanking anything else).

Deleted
    This is what we use (prot paladin). you need amazing dps, a holy paladin and a shadow priest for this. (Wiped at 300k hp today, fml)
    While hyjal trinket certainly helps I would not drop either H resolve/H Spidersilk or the H Indomitable Pride for it. H resolve isn't particularly good for the fight but provides a nice bit of avoidance allowing you to get more stamina through gemming and the impales aren't really the issue of the fight and "downgrading" to the hyjal trinket doesn't seem all that wise.

You could drop below CTC but I wouldn't advice it, the corruption tentacle hits hard enough to begin with.

Platform 1, impale 1: Dream, Hand of Sac
    platform 1, impale 2: no impale, use bloodlust on the first corruption
    platform 2, impale 1: Guardian of ancient kings, Ardent defender, Hand of Sac
    platform 2, impale 2: shadow priest dispersion
    platform 3, impale 1: Pain suppression, hand of sac
    platform 3, impale 2: shadow priest dispersion
    platform 4, impale 1: Guardian of ancient kings, ardent defender, hand of sac
    platform 4, impale 2: shadow priest dispersion

Make sure to have wings + 3hopo wog on yourself for the absorb.

Hope this helps anyone

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might not be of much use to you but we do this.

DK (me): Hyjal Trinket + Boneshield + Dream
    Feral: Sacrifice + Barkskin + Dream

DK: Hyjal Trinket + Boneshield + Sacrifice
    Feral: Sacrifice + Barkskin + Survival Instincts

DK: Hyjal Trinket + Boneshield + Sacrifice
    Feral: Sacrficie + Barkskin + Pain Suppression

Feral: Sacrficie + Barkskin + Survival Instincts
    DK: Hyjal Trinket + Boneshield + Vamp Blood + Ice Bound Fortitude

If you do it right as a DK you shouldn't need to use IBF ever. I do use it however for the last platform because bolt hits 5 seconds before impale, and I am kinda locked into staying put, so I might as well. Our Feral USE to use Hyjal trinket but now just opts for a full time DPS trinket. 5% nerf makes a huge difference for impale cutting it from 800 to 760k, which is almost a Hyjal trinket itself. We do it this way because our second sacrifice was getting wasted, and a sacrifice is more or less a Hyjal trinket anyway. Our Bear aside from about 6 seconds on each platform is basically full cat in every possible way, so we essentially single tank it.

I could use IBF earlier but I just need to make sure I have it for the last platform essentially as the buffs from the previous platforms make it very easy to have an enormous blood shield. Doing it right as a DK means that trinket + bone shield is basically all you really need. Yes blood shield is that OP for tanking impales.

Other tips that may ease on CDs are as follows.

Resto Shaman: Make sure the % HP buff is fully stacked
    Priest: Shield right before impale hits
    Paladin: Stack a shield right before impale goes out.

The Paladin one is often overlooked, but it's something ours utilized on our Feral to make it more smooth (remember he takes impales without the hyjal trinket). He builds a shield on him and it's nothing to scoff at. Holy Paladin shield can be up to 33% up the Paladins max health, which is right around ~50k absorbed.

Just a note. We never get a second impale on the first platform and we sometimes don't get a second impale on the red platform either. Given more gear and another 5% we likely won't see a second impale on any platform but the blue one heh.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2012-02-20 at 08:21 PM.

Have a Hunter pet intervene the tank, it's up every time and should make your CD issues nil.
    Hug thy tree.

Deleted
    Brosterr you may be forgetting something very important which is that dks can remove the debuff from the bloods which is why i was on them not the second impale. There damage is fairly high and reducing the damage healers have to deal with is always a plus. Also dks have more attacks that proc spellweave so it makes more sense from a dps perspective to have me picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmatt6 View Post
    Brosterr you may be forgetting something very important which is that dks can remove the debuff from the bloods which is why i was on them not the second impale. There damage is fairly high and reducing the damage healers have to deal with is always a plus. Also dks have more attacks that proc spellweave so it makes more sense from a dps perspective to have me picking them up.
    The impale and bloods happen at different times. If the dk takes seconds impale and you taunt off him during the cast he would never have the bloods with any sort of danger incoming (not tanking anything else).
    Explain to me where i said a dk shouldnt be tanking bloods?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the messy part goes with the meteor landing, impale happening and bloods I simply do this.

Meteor incoming 5 seconds (pop IBF), refresh bone shield. Right before meteor lands I pop vamp blood and start channeling AoTD, then proceed to use Hyjal trinket a second before impale hits.

Impale hits, throw DnD on top of bloods forming and the army of the dead will pounce on them. Army doesn't last long against bloods without the time zone, but it does buy you a good 10-15 seconds. Bloods usually dispatch of the army right when parasite is about to be dropped off, I pop AMS as the bloods run towards me and drag it over to the parasite which is positioned next to the big tentacle. We then AoE down bloods and parasite. Sometimes the big tentacle is dead before this, other times it dies while we are AoEing here. We always beat the third impale though.

Deleted
    Dont know if you can on heroic but as a pally tank I tend to use divine shield once i get impale. What for it to tick down to 1 second, Hit divine shield and taunt, remove divine shield and take 0 damage. Pretty useful on the 4th platform and a damn sight better than ardent defender which could be utilized in a holy shit momment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronus View Post
    Dont know if you can on heroic but as a pally tank I tend to use divine shield once i get impale. What for it to tick down to 1 second, Hit divine shield and taunt, remove divine shield and take 0 damage. Pretty useful on the 4th platform and a damn sight better than ardent defender which could be utilized in a holy shit momment.
    niether works

Deleted
    I see. Read up impale goes right through them. It makes sense i guess as it would be OP

Deleted
    Silly question, but hyjal trinket yer talking about 'stay of execution' right ? :P

Thanks for sharing, will sure help !
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC