Purchasing a laptop need help!

Hey guys,

My old laptop is giving out due to heat stress and having done all I can with it I have no alternative but to buy a new laptop. It must be a laptop as I am at uni and travel to my girlfriends every few weeks and home for regular holidays. It will always be on AC so power is no issue, I am concerned about heat given the nature of my old laptop giving out, so if anyone has experience with any of the models or can offer good alternatives please do. (I have a cooling rig)

My absolute maximum price is £600, I already have a copy of windows 7, and I am in the UK

I found this on novatech; http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/ran...tion.html?th=g

Everywhere else seems to be low quality 1gb graphics, weaker processors or an extra £100 on top of the price that one is there for.

So could i get some feedback, either pointing out problems with that laptop, alternatives, or reviews from anyone who may have one regarding the heat output of that laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: will be used for SWTOR/GW2 primarily.
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2012-02-20 at 04:22 PM.

That is decent bang for the buck, low res isn't great but you can't really expect much for that price. Should be able to play with reasonably high settings.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    That is decent bang for the buck, low res isn't great but you can't really expect much for that price. Should be able to play with reasonably high settings.
    Awesome, thanks very much for the feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Check with customer support before purchasing, and find out who manufactured the system etc... (Celvo, ASUS etc...) so you know where to go to download drivers and firmware.

(I can say from experience that the Clevo website is a real pain to navigate.)
    Be sure to download all the drivers, BIOS updates, firmware etc... ahead of the time you actually need them.

Might also want to bookmark this page: http://forum.novatech.co.uk/forumdis...ovatech-Laptop