Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well there's a lot of sugar in oranges... Ok its natural sugar but too much sugar isn't just bad for your teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I've heard from reliable sources that if you don't spit out the seeds, you'll grow a tree in your stomach, so be careful.
    Unless you accidentally inhale instead of swallowing it, in which case you might be lucky enough to grow something in your lungs! Wheeee!

OP: Vitamin C is water soluble, so unless you consume a ridiculous amount, you won't have too much to worry about, aside from the increased risk of kidney stones. The acid will erode your teeth, so don't brush your teeth immediately after eating those oranges, and be sure to rinse with water beforehand. Pesticide residue on American-grown oranges are generally in low amounts, but be wary of oranges from China.

Theres no way to overdose on Vitamine C as the excess will simply go down in your urine unlike Vitamine A or Iron. Going overboard with Vitamine C will cause diahera or at very worse, and thats streching the possible ammount you can even eat, kidney stones. That would be someone literally eating Vitamine C capsule like they are candy. Youll get sick of eating period before reaching that ammount of C in fruits or juices.

Sugar is also a non factor, you could eat a full crate of oranges and not be a fraction of the sugar level coming from a can of any soft drink. Theres just no problem with eating oranges by the douzen every day. Hell most people should do that. Couple apples and oranges everyday is good for you. You have to eat something else along with them every day or youll lack other nutriments.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-02-20 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Try write serious reply lol I'd say 2 things might matter to u down the road:

1. acid on teeth - drink water too. brushy brushy
    2. pH balance in ur stomach. when ur gonna want to eat/drink some alkaline food
    3. when u go orange and orange plants starts growing out the ears... no fun then!

How many oranges are u talking about? 5 or 10 week? or 30 :O?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post

3. when u go orange and orange plants starts growing out the ears... no fun then!

How many oranges are u talking about? 5 or 10 week? or 30 :O?
    5 per sitting? or more. Okay that's not THAT much.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-02-20 at 06:38 PM.

The acid will make your asshole hurt, I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

as others have said, its been confirmed that orange seeds will make a orange tree grow inside you
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    as others have said, its been confirmed that orange seeds will make a orange tree grow inside you
    No, just no. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Vitamin C is water soluble. You can't over dose on it.

Generally correct.
    pH in stomach is waaaaaaay lower than an orage by default, you don't have to worry about this. Quite the contrary, you get lots of natural acids for your body to use! Though if you load up on orages you may be missing other important bits of nutrition, namely fats, salts (ions in general), proteins, probably even carbohydrates (there is not as much sugar as people think there is in an orange).
    This one is true completely

Anything might be overdosed. Anything.

the acidic properties is probably your biggest concern, but it'd be nothing worse than drinking too much soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I recently found I am crazy about oranges, if I could I would consume them like crazy. Now I know everybody is saying: everything in moderation.

But is there much harm from oranges? (except the acid eating away at my teeth)

You Will Have Terrible Hadaches i was doing this for 3 months and i had them... i go to the doctor and said me to stop eating too much oranges!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    May give you a "runny" bottom, but you will be fine.
    LOL! YES!

Try to set a world record.

i can say with experience, you have to moderate your vitamin C intake. i used to eat like 10-25 grapefruit/oranges/satsumas a day, and started getting serious diarrhea . i looked up what else could happen, and you could get kidney stones eventually

as delicious as it is, just don't eat too many a day

Well when growing up, I was always told that too much of anything is eventually bad. But I guess in your case, that's only if you just eat them constantly until you get sick or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. You may overload on sugar, but other than that you'll be fine.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Oh okay thanks. No harm from too much vitamine C etc?
    It's theoretically possible but your body does a pretty good job of getting rid of excess vitamins and minerals. If you were eating a sack of oranges every day and also taking several vitamin C supplements, maybe you'd discover some negative effects.

As with all citrus fruits, the fruit juice is acidic. Make sure you take good care of your teeth. Floss out any stray fruit fibers and make sure you're brushing regularly, though that's just simply good hygiene. Also, try not to brush shortly after eating - apparently having all those acids in your saliva can actually cause more harm to your teeth if you're sitting there brushing them into your enamel.

EDIT: And, yeah, others said it already. If you eat a lot of oranges, expect to be familiar with a good case of the hershey squirts. It's just your body getting rid of excess vitamin C.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow