Deleted

frost & simcraft

Hi.
    just made an account here as i cannot post on the DK forums in Battle.net (currently im not playing) and I'll be coming back from a 2 month break. I just ran Simulationcraft (updated version) and it gave me a bit odd result. I'm not really good with this program but I wonder.. It showed me that I should be prioritising mastery over haste ( mastery value of 1.6 something & haste value of 1.5 something ). I'm not sure if this is right...

I don't think it's trying to get me to go for Masterfrost, but could it be because of my 2300+ haste rating?

What would you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    That could very well be. Run the simulations a few times and it may come out a bit different. But from my experience with simcraft atleast, mastery overtakes haste at certain numbers. I found it to be around 2500 haste, but that may vary based on gear setup etc.

Edit: And simmed with full raid buffs/debuffs on a stationary fight like patch/ultraxion.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

It's not "telling you to go masterfrost," in case you were still wondering. It only plays with the action priority you give it, and the default priority list is that of a standard haste build. Your haste is just at a point where it's seeing a bigger increase per point from mastery.

And never use ultraxion fight style to calculate stat weights, it wreaks havoc on the results because of the way it replicates fading lights/hours of twilight (with short periodic stuns that that really don't do justice to the actual mechanics).

Deleted
    Now i've run tests on Helterskelter & Patchwerk modes, with playerskill at good, 10k iteration, all buffs & such..
    Both tests turned out with the following stat prio: STR > HIT > EXP > MAST > CRIT > HASTE.
    What i'd like to know, does Simcraft give the "divine" stats somewhere, like how much to aim for for each stat & your opinion on the matter. And tips for Sim too would be lovely .
    (Currently i'm at 2492 haste & 1407 mastery.)
    Last edited by mmocf1f5ba6e9b; 2012-03-09 at 02:54 PM.

I believe at round 2400 rating haste is over taken by mastery. I would do more research to be sure though.

post an armory link, see what we get.