Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only way i'd accept ground mounts is if i can ride this

The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    - There won't ever be any flying mounts. Anet learned from Blizzard's mistakes. Flying mounts trivialize all content and world interaction. Both communicative as PvP. They don't want to create zones for players to pass through once and never see again. They want a certain amount of travel time, without it being tedious.
    You make no sense. Instant teleports trivialise all content -- not flying mounts. Flying mounts are more amount of travel time than instant teleports. And how does skipping zones completely by instantly teleporting to whichever piece of map you desire contribute to not "passing through once and never seeing again"?

The mistake Blizzard made was not the flying mounts themselves, but the fact that you could use them while leveling. As for world PvP, yeah, flying mounts killed it. But it can be somewhat brought back to life if they just introduce some sort of fatigue system, by which you can only remain airborne for a certain amount of time.

As for GW2, I think flying mounts are not necessary at all. But ground mounts are. Not only from the aesthetics and roleplaying points of view, but from the lore and immersion points too. And it just doesn't make any sense that this world is advanced to the point of everyone knowing magic and having the teleportation technology, but not to the point of being able to tame and ride animals. Feels kinda silly seeing lvl 60 heroes in epic looking gear running around on foot like some hobo pedestrians.

Demanding on mounts, but not knowing the gw 2 lvl cap is 80. Sorry, but first buy the game and then demand lack of content please!

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    I'm ok with only ground mounts that have the same walking speed as your character, so basically for cosmetic reasons only. There's so many waypoints we don't need mounts.

Let's not necro threads, plus there's already a discussion about this same topic in a new thread.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-09-03 at 05:27 PM.