Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Beruwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    176

    Rend is being removed?

    I just read Rend is going bybye in MoP. I don't understand the reasoning behind this happening. I love my Rend

    Why is Blizzard doing this?

  2. #2
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,150
    I think it is being removed=/

    They are trying to make rotations easier I guess.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,811
    Rend is being replaced with Deep Wounds, which will be automatically applied by Thunderclap for Arms/Protection and a few other abilities.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  4. #4
    Rend is being replaced. Essentially, a lot more abilities will cause Deep Wounds, including Thunderclap. You won't have to spend a GCD applying it, which will make rotations easier.

    At least, that's my understanding.

  5. #5
    In my opinion, it's a good thing. You spend a GCD applying it and then it gets refreshed automatically every time you MS (its different for prot I suppose). It's basically an apply and forget type thing and just a P.I.A when you have to switch targets. And zakuul is right...Deep Wounds will get applied through more abilities and Overpower will proc from Deep Wounds instead.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,632
    I only like rend because it's good against rogues. Now instead we can use MS which is free so it's just much more... practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think it is being removed=/

    They are trying to make rotations easier I guess.
    Because losing an ability you'd only use once on a Patchwerk fight makes your rotation a whole lot easier...

    It's not about difficulty, it's about 'quality of life'.
    Last edited by Erto; 2012-02-20 at 09:10 PM.

  8. #8
    im gonna miss rend to be 100% honest. just the name in general. id rather get rid of deep wounds and keep rend and have it the same exact way. and wont this be a dps loss since we lose out on a bleed unless they make it super strong and it just does the damage of 2 bleeds in one.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    and wont this be a dps loss since we lose out on a bleed unless they make it super strong and it just does the damage of 2 bleeds in one.
    I wouldn't worry too much about dps levels until we're closer to release. It's much better like this, saved a GCD when you first engage an enemy.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about dps levels until we're closer to release. It's much better like this, saved a GCD when you first engage an enemy.
    i agree, 1less gcd on useless things= profit

  11. #11
    High Overlord Beruwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    176
    Actually now that I've thought about it a little bit, this probably is a good thing. While it has become second nature to me I guess it is a pain in the ass to have to apply Rend and then Tclap to spread it around. Overzealous dps sometimes pull before the TClap goes off and then you get a messy pull.

    I guess I'm a little attached to Rend because I've been using it for 7 years. Lol its strange seeing it go.
    Last edited by Beruwan; 2012-02-20 at 09:29 PM.

  12. #12
    I will miss rend. Ever since I rolled a warrior, regardless of playing it like a main character, I remember 2 abilities that define the class. Rend and heroic strike. Rend always felt so warrioresque to me, and was one of my favorite abilities, even though it literally was a simple dot with no actual mechanics. I for one will be sad to see it go. RIP Rend.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    496
    I'd Rather have Rend back and not being applied by MS, making the rotation needing more effort like on cata's launch. Oh well, can't have it all

  14. #14
    They remove Rend so that you can mouse turn and don't have to click it. ;P

  15. #15
    Funny thinking about it, rend has been useless for most of the game, and only recently did blizz make it useful, and now they're removing it

  16. #16
    I like the functionality, but conceptually it is much like deep wounds. In order to keep up rend, but not waste GCDs with overlap, one has to use an add-on. Having it reapplied with MS helped, but it meant that dps became too bursty and mistakes very costly in dps output.

  17. #17
    I'm probably going to be unhappy without having a long duration DoT effect that rogues can't just cloak off, but I think it's probably better in the long run.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    I'm probably going to be unhappy without having a long duration DoT effect that rogues can't just cloak off, but I think it's probably better in the long run.
    But it's exactly the same as rend in duration with the new talents. I'm not aware of of the damage difference, but it seems to just be rend that is now auto applied which to me seems much better.

    I'm not looking at it like rend has been removed. The way I see it, it's just got a different application method and does exactly the same and simply has been renamed with and old bleed's name. IMO the current Deep Wounds, is the bleed that is being removed.

    It just saves us a GCD and has made getting quick aggro as prot much easier, as Blood and Thunder now applies the bleed rather than spreading it. Also it will help out pvp arms warriors a lot as they won't have to start by rending the target.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But it's exactly the same as rend in duration with the new talents. I'm not aware of of the damage difference, but it seems to just be rend that is now auto applied which to me seems much better.

    I'm not looking at it like rend has been removed. The way I see it, it's just got a different application method and does exactly the same and simply has been renamed with and old bleed's name. IMO the current Deep Wounds, is the bleed that is being removed.

    It just saves us a GCD and has made getting quick aggro as prot much easier, as Blood and Thunder now applies the bleed rather than spreading it. Also it will help out pvp arms warriors a lot as they won't have to start by rending the target.
    I hadn't seen the part where the DoT would be the same duration, if that happens then I don't really see any reason for us to be unhappy with Rend being taken out.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But it's exactly the same as rend
    Can you attempt to reapply it every 1.5 seconds? Nope.

    These things matter.

    It makes the difference between whether or not a Rogue can just gouge/kidney and walk behind a pillar for a restealth when MS gets dodged or if they have to use vanish to get another restealth.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •