Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    Waving my hand and making all the stupid people on the internet think they cant type whenever they become angered, and must run outside to scream loudly to make her/his objections heard
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    *SPOILER*
    You might want to try and use [spoiler ][/spoiler ] to hide your spoilers (remove the space from the tags) since typing *SPOILER* in the beginning of a post doesn't really help much, and it is quite annoying for the reader having to react to that and then having to try and skip your post and any subsequent posts which quote your spoilers.

On topic, with heavy spoilers (I warned you): The Jedi Knight quest line culminates with the Sith Emperor trying to [I]destroy the entire galaxy[/I] using a dark side ritual, the catalyst of which is basically annihilating the entire population of a planet. Pretty sure the title of the loading screen story during the last JK quests was "Galactic Annihiliation" or something to that end. Not sure how high destroying an entire galaxy scores on this list, but I'd think it's pretty high.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-02-22 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    There's something to this. Anakin Skywalker has seen a *lot* of Jedi die. He actually goes so far as to kick the robes around looking for a body that clearly isn't there. If Vader is shocked by Kenobi's disappearance it *can't* be a common event.
    When I first saw Ep4 some 30+ years ago, I couldn’t help but think “Why did he just stand there and take the hit?”, and also wonder why he just disappeared as soon as the lightsaber struck his shoulder, vs his arm (or more) being cut off like in the Cantina.

Here’s my take on “power”: Immortality > all. With infinite time, one can learn to become infinitely powerful. If someone were to go to “hell”, would it not be possible to actually defeat Satan? Why not? Because it would be too difficult or impossible? What if it just took time to figure out how? Infinity is a long time to ponder, learn, and grow more powerful.

Therefor, any / all whom reach a "blue glowy" would/could ultimately also, reach a point to where they could do anything (ultimate power)... However, I remember something about the The Force (glowies) lose strength over time(?), but that might not be "correct".
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

if you can use teh force to ressurect ppl, to create life. does that mean you can bring other things back to life? or even create lifeforms never seen?
    could you create viruses? a virus that mayhapds spread not throu touch or brath but throu the very force itself? jumping acros the galaxy killing siths everywhere? :d

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Any source to go with that? Would be interesting to read. I never attributed Palpatine's claim of creating life to anything other than just manipulating Anakin. I mean lets face it, lies and deceit are at the core of the dark side.
    The following is a spoiler if you haven't read the book but contains things that occur in the new expanded universe book "Darth Plagueis."

The new expanded universe book Darth Plagueis explains how Plagueis studies for years and years the ability to manipulate midichlorians and reached the point where he could prevent others from dieing and also reverse the aging process of himself. At one point in the book it has a solo scene where Plagueis is "reaching" across the universe manipulating the midichlorians he encounters and feels the creation of a new life in the process. A little later they become aware of a strong light side force appearing in the galaxy, young and untrained, and later Plagueis and Sidious find out that it's Anakin they've been sensing. Unfortunately Plagueis was unable to control his own midichlorians when Sidious was killing him due to the surprise move by Sidious and the stress being put on his mind keeping him from being able to concentrate.

I'm going to chime in here with a nod to Mace Windu.

He has the ability to see and "read" shatter-points in the force. Basically, he can sense when a moment is important and how an action will affect the future. When used properly, he can set off a chain of events with the outcome he wants. He sensed the Palpatine shatter-point and was about to kill the bastard when Anakin totally screwed that up.

It also allows a "reader" to detect faults in seemingly "indestructible" objects.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterpoints

Sure, it isn't as powerful or cool as exploding stars and what not, but if used right, it changes entire histories.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMountainHopper View Post
    I'm going to chime in here with a nod to Mace Windu.

He has the ability to see and "read" shatter-points in the force. Basically, he can sense when a moment is important and how an action will affect the future. When used properly, he can set off a chain of events with the outcome he wants. He sensed the Palpatine shatter-point and was about to kill the bastard when Anakin totally screwed that up.

It also allows a "reader" to detect faults in seemingly "indestructible" objects.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterpoints

Sure, it isn't as powerful or cool as exploding stars and what not, but if used right, it changes entire histories.
    Ok I have to say it...if he could read these so-called shatterpoints so well, why didn't he see Skywalker's intervention, or his own demise if he continued on his path toward killing Palpatine from blind conviction/fury? So eh, not that impressive.

He saw Sidious' shatterpoint was his trust in Anakin, yet he failed to see Anakins as he was entirely focused on Sidious.

Battle meditation. Empowering your allies while debilitating your foes.