Deleted

HC Yor'sahj questions

I'm disc and going to heal this with a druid. We're planning on taking care of one grp each with the tank in my group.

1) Could someone give me a quick recap of which abilities doesn't add stacks?
    2) Is there a name for the purple debuff so i can display stacks in my raid frames?
    3) Any other tips or things i should think about?
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2012-02-21 at 01:36 AM.

I healed it in holy with a druid, so I can only give you this advice: never use PoM and preshield you tanks and raid before the debuff is applied.
    We decided with the druid, that he would heal raid and I would heal the tanks. Healing the same targets would create too much confusion.

Deleted
    The debuff is called "Deep Corruption", spellID 105171, use that to track it!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=105171

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    I healed it in holy with a druid, so I can only give you this advice: never use PoM and preshield you tanks and raid before the debuff is applied.
    We decided with the druid, that he would heal raid and I would heal the tanks. Healing the same targets would create too much confusion.
    As far as I know, PoM doesn't add stacks

Taken from my guild forums on Purple:
    Priest:Atonement - 1 stack
    Binding Heal - 1 stack to the person you heal and 1 stack to the healer. More testing on whether stacks on the Priest.
    Desperate Prayer - NO STACKS
    Divine Hymn - 1 stack per tick (i.e. will wipe your raid)
    Echo of Light (Holy Mastery) - NO STACKS
    Guardian Spirit - ??
    Holy Fire (with Atonement) - 1 stack per tick. Do not use if you have atonement.
    Holy Word: Sanctuary - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
    Holy Word: Serenity - 1 stack
    Lightwell - 1 stack per buff gain (i.e. when the person clicks)
    Penance - 1 stack for the whole channeled cast (i.e. not 1 per tick)
    Power Word: Shield - 1 stack (even when glyphed)
    Prayer of Healing - 1 stack
    Prayer of Mending - NO STACKS
    Renew - 1 stack on initial application (Renewing Renew in Serenity Chakra with a direct heal only adds 1 stack from the direct heal and none from the renewing the Renew. Yes, there are probably better ways to express this).

After 12 wipes last night , 2 of them were @ 2~3%, but bad enrage is bad.

I can tell you for sure and from my own experience:

1-all trinkets weapons that procs healing , do not add stacks. Examples (Maw of Dragon Lord, Windward Trinket)
    2- for AA spec , Holy fire is a raid wiper, as it gives stack/per tick that go all around in a matter of seconds then BOOOM .
    3- Smite= 1 stack per cast.
    4- Penance = 1 stack per cast, not per tick.
    5- PoM is a god gift, no stacks at all.
    6- Flash Heal = 1 Stack
    7- Binding heal = 1 stack on the priest, one on the target.
    8- PoH, Stack per target, it heals 5 people, so 1 stack each.
    9- Pain suppression = No stacks.
    10- Greater heal = 1 Stack
    11- Power Word: Shield = 1 Stack, Even if Glyphed.

Tips:
    -Don't panic when purple is up and remember which abilities to use for Deep corruption.
    -on Purple Slime: Single target big fat heals is your best friend, aka, Greater Heal.
    -If u needed to build archangel stacks for extra healing, and you should, do it when there is no deep corruption up, and help dpsing the slimes with your dpsers.
    -If healing tasks are assigned, specially for Deep corruption, do not miss with the other healer group, can cause alot of confusion.
    -PoM on CD for tank during Deep corruption.

Good luck Heap

Deleted
    Cheers

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    No, always use PoM. It adds no stacks, and is one of Priests few free heals. Binding heal is your friend too, it only adds a stack on the target, not you, so use this in place of flash heal always. Pre-shield tank, pre-renew, pre-aegis, all that good stuff. For Purple+Green pre-sheild raid too.

If you have any proc heal trinkets/weapons/4pcT12 (prefer heroic), id recommend it. Free healing is useful. All the item proc heals add 0 stacks, so take advantage of that free healing during purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    The debuff is called "Deep Corruption", spellID 105171, use that to track it!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=105171
    CAREFUL

There are several spell IDs in play for this debuff. Stolen from the WoW forums :

From what I can figure out, 108220 is the trash version, which triggers the stacking 109389.

105171 is used by Yor'sahj, and triggers the stacking 103628. Will give it a try on Sunday. If those are in fact the right IDs, that solves the problem perfectly.

105173, 108347, 108348, 108349 and 109390 are the explosions. As far as I can tell, the stacking debuffs don't actually trigger the explosions directly, but rather trigger a server side scripts that casts the appropriate explosion spell depending on difficulty setting. That would explain why there are five different versions of explosions (LFR, 10N, 10H, 25N and 25H) but only one debuff.
    So 103628 is the one you definitely want to track, it's the stacking counter debuff on the boss.
    The trash one should be added as well for completeness sake: 109389

Vuhdo already has all the codes in, have to love the developer for doing the legwork on this. <3 Iza
    Last edited by Themos; 2012-02-21 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    As far as I know, PoM doesn't add stacks
    I used it on our first kill during first HM week. However on our second week with the same healer setup we started getting a lot of "strange" stacks. I looked at all the incoming heals in logs and it looked like PoM added a stack. Maybe that was fixed later, I haven't used it since.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that PoM adds a stack - but only the initial heal not the jumps

You Sir, should get one of those

and look again

PoM = no stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    You are wrong.