Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they are equally hard, but in different ways.

but all in all, DS in general is all about good healers, the rest can be whatever, but if you got solid healers you will clear the place with ease.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you either only do normal modes or didn't do pre-nerf HCs

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    In all honesty, as the original post was asking where the % of guilds would be at MoP launch I thought it was interesting to see how it's progressing and how it will continue to progress...!
    The thing that sucks about numbers on an end dungeon up to beginning of next expansion is they are really skewed. Most raiding guilds (not the ones who push for hard modes within the first month or two) will stop shortly after killing normal mode because they'll start to be burned out, know it will be months before new content and want to try other things out.

For instance, our guild killed normal Deathwing and then after about 3-4 weeks ended up having to call off raids because people just simply put got tired of doing it over and over and wanted to play new things. Don't blame them, just how it ends at the expansion for most, especially with spring here and summer coming up.

Deleted
    On my server,Twisting Nether-EU,20-25 guilds have killed Madness HC by now,most of them 10M ofc. DS is the most face-roll instance ever made and in addition of being so easy Blizzard found it smart to nerf it from the very beginning instead of letting it be or even implementing the nerfs gradually. But seeing all the nubs playing WOW nowadays,1% seems accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    On my server,Twisting Nether-EU,20-25 guilds have killed Madness HC by now,most of them 10M ofc. DS is the most face-roll instance ever made and in addition of being so easy Blizzard found it smart to nerf it from the very beginning instead of letting it be or even implementing the nerfs gradually. But seeing all the nubs playing WOW nowadays,1% seems accurate.
    If you read a few posts back you'll actually see that the number is 5% (according to wowprogress.com at least), which is why I necroed this thread from a while back. So, 1% doesn't really seem accurate

I'm letting you off for this necro since it is on topic to the previous discussion with an update on what the OP said. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-04-23 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    about 2950 guilds have killed 8/8 hc now that would make it about 6% if the first value is still around 50000.
    Somehow its funny that cata started with very hard raids and end with faceroll nerfed raids it used to be the other way around from molten core to naxx, from kara to sunwell, from naxx lol revival to icc and ruby sanctum(granted icc was nerfed to).
    Heck in the end you even get good gear from running faceroll 5 man "heroics" that are en par with the second last tier of the expansion normal loot...

Fight is 10x easier on 25 man.

having tryed both 10/25 hc madness prenerf, i can say that 10 man was alot harder than 25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

You can think of the 10/25 man question like this, its possible to figure out, but there are many factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    about 2950 guilds have killed 8/8 hc now that would make it about 6% if the first value is still around 50000.
    Somehow its funny that cata started with very hard raids and end with faceroll nerfed raids it used to be the other way around from molten core to naxx, from kara to sunwell, from naxx lol revival to icc and ruby sanctum(granted icc was nerfed to).
    Heck in the end you even get good gear from running faceroll 5 man "heroics" that are en par with the second last tier of the expansion normal loot...
    Good point. It saddens me to see a world-rank of 3k (?, didnt check really) for killing end-boss on HM. Even getting a world rank of 1k back in Firelands, mostly due to Ragnaros ofcourse, was fine in my eyes. Now loads more killed Madness HC than Ragnaros HC, thats for sure (When content was current in FL thats it)

While WoWtrack is certainly missing a few guilds (I had to add my 8/8 HC guild today for example), it does paint a good picture and uses some maths to show what's actually going on.

Have a look here http://www.wowtrack.org/encounters. (Ignore the graph, look at the data in the tables)
    Last edited by Rodpad; 2012-04-23 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    H: Madness of Deathwing: 2985 (5.18%)

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    H: Madness of Deathwing: 2985 (5.18%)
    This thread was made back in February.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    This thread was made back in February.
    Not only that but 10man far out numbers 25man kills now.

Yet at the same time the proportion of 10 man kills is much lower than 25. You have to take into account relative kills on each difficulty mode before one can assume a particular raid size is easier than the other (not that you were insinuating that).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Not only that but 10man far out numbers 25man kills now.
    That's not a surprise. No one wants to do 25 mans except the guilds who have been doing it since before the shared lockouts.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

I'll guess my realm is pretty decent then since 8.5% of all the guilds who have killed Morchok normal has killed Deathwing on heroic.

Deleted
    Most 10mans are pugs or alts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Most 10mans are pugs or alts
    not true... on my realm nearly all 25 man raids are 10 man raids now. Best 25 man raid is something about 6/8 hc
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/mal-ganis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    That's not a surprise. No one wants to do 25 mans except the guilds who have been doing it since before the shared lockouts.
    We are actually doing a 25m as a 10m guild. Shitloads of more loot uknow