Diablo 3 CE + WOW

Okay guys I am thinking of buying the CE but as of todays date 2/19/12 I am thinking of playing wow again. How would that work if i signed up for the annual pass and how many months of WOW would I get also if someone can Ball park the Total for everything. Thanks.

Don't do annual pass, You may not want to keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your collector's edition would pretty much just overwriting the annual pass Diablo 3. You don't get 2 copies, as you cannot have 2 copies of Diablo 3 on one battlenet account. Also, I don't believe you can just attach the codes of the extra stuff from the collectors edition to your account and just give your friend the disc to activate on their battlenet. So, unless you're really into MoP beta, or you decide on not getting the collector's edition, you might want to not get both. All depends on how you view the situation.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Lol thank you lmenvs for the post but I dont want to give it to a friend or anything I was wondering if there was like an upgraded version or something. I guess it would be cheaper if I bought a 2month sub to wow and then Diablo 3 possible comming out in Q2 soo yah I think I will do that and save me some muneys! Thanks guys!! Doubt I will play wow again anyways just a thought right now. Trying to get the meaning of life by working and going to school.

There is a point that was missed:

If you upgrade to Collector's Edition of Diablo 3 while on the WoW Annual Pass, it pays for 4 months of game time as well (Retail price of D3 Normal is $59.99 clearly).

So, there is the last bit of info. Really, if you feel you will be lookin' to play WoW for the next year, do it, you'll only pay for 8 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lmenvs View Post
    Your collector's edition would pretty much just overwriting the annual pass Diablo 3. You don't get 2 copies, as you cannot have 2 copies of Diablo 3 on one battlenet account. Also, I don't believe you can just attach the codes of the extra stuff from the collectors edition to your account and just give your friend the disc to activate on their battlenet. So, unless you're really into MoP beta, or you decide on not getting the collector's edition, you might want to not get both. All depends on how you view the situation.

What if I purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition?
    If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due.

eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-faq

How much is the annual pass and yah I prolly wont once D3 hits! so it would be a waste of money just like SWTOR was. 100$ just went towards nothing hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    How much is the annual pass and yah I prolly wont once D3 hits! so it would be a waste of money just like SWTOR was. 100$ just went towards nothing hah!
    The Annual Pass is just a contract stating you will pay for 1 year of WoW. So it is literally 12 months. Oh, and you NEED to have a credit card on the account for sub fees, even if you use game time cards instead. That is the one caveat. Your card can go the whole 12 months and never BE charged (Game time cards do count), but it has to be there, in case you miss inputting a game time card.

Oh wordd!! so you have to use a credit card cant do Game time cards? Lame Yah If i decide to start playing again I will just get 2months prolly to keep me some what busy going to knock out FF Xiii-2 over spring break! Then play some wow here and there seens how i havent played in 6months and pvp looks fun again. Cant wait for D3

Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    Oh wordd!! so you have to use a credit card cant do Game time cards? Lame Yah If i decide to start playing again I will just get 2months prolly to keep me some what busy going to knock out FF Xiii-2 over spring break! Then play some wow here and there seens how i havent played in 6months and pvp looks fun again. Cant wait for D3
    No, you CAN use gametime cards. You just NEED a credit card on there "just in case" you fail to get time on at the end, to ensure sub fees are paid. It is a contract you agree to, and that is Blizz's way of making sure they get their money.

If you sign up for the Annual Pass and then buy the CE you will get 4 months of WoW game time added to your account.
    If you intend to keep playing WoW, buying the CE is a great deal if you take into consideration the 4 months worth of WoW and the Diablo 2 that comes with it (granted you don't already own it I suppose) is the price of the CE, and on top of that you get shiny loots!

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lmenvs View Post
    It doesn't "overwrite" so much as "upgrade". If you have D3 on your bnet account from the Annual Pass you can still upgrade to the CE, which earns you 4 months of WoW time to make up the difference. It would be quite silly of Blizz to do as you suggest and prevent everyone who bought the Pass from utilizing the CE benefits.

OHHH so your saying just "sign up for the annual pass" does that mean I have to pay for 12months? If not buy the CE and they will add 4 months of game time? or do I eventually have to pay the other 8 months?

Also can I just buy the CE and get 4 months of WoW? or do I have to sign up for the annual pass and pay the 8 months to get that 4 months free.
    Last edited by Annthrax; 2012-02-19 at 04:43 PM.

The 4 months of time only is applied if you are currently subscribed to the Annual Pass and WoW. Assuming the game comes out in time for you to still be on the Annual Pass, it will just give you 4 months of playing time for WoW, when you get the CE and put its number into the website to claim your CE perks. You *will* have to pay for 12 months of WoW if you sign up for the Pass. Signing up for it is just like entering into a contract that says you'll be playing and paying for WoW, for a year straight. There are ways of getting out of the Pass for WoW, but they all involve calling up Blizzard's Customer Support/Billing, and I'm sure they'll try everything they can do not let you out of it.

EDIT:
    To make it a little more clear, let's say you sign up for the Pass the month before D3 comes out, and once you get D3 and you put in your D3 CE information, and you have WoW set to bill you at 6-month increments. That means that you won't need to have WoW bill you again, until 9 months later (5+4 after all). There are other reasons to sign up for the Pass (Mount in WoW and guaranteed access to the next WoW Beta (should be MoP)). If you're not interested in either the mount or the guaranteed beta access, I'd just get the CE of D3. It's hard to say if you'll want to continue paying for WoW's contract/Pass after D3 comes out.
    Last edited by Kittahsmash; 2012-02-21 at 08:13 AM.