Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I know there is a good chance none of you will ever get caught, but using any 3rd party software/hardware violates the RoC.

Regardless of the fact that the Razer/Logitech keyboards/peripherals backdoor this topic by doing everything outside of the game entirely, it's still shady area imo

Just something to keep in mind ... I'm all for macros too. Should have been in at launch.... stupid thing to overlook.
    You clearly dont understand what you are quoting. for a start that is not the ROC it is the EUALA

using a hardware macro does not break any of the terms listed.

so lets break it down insted of trying to scare monger.

Does using a macro in hardware do the following:

(Q) modifying the Software in anyway (A) No
    (Q) Intercepting or scanning Game traffic or communications (A) No
    (Q) changing the way the Game plays or playing in an abnormal manner or in a way that could impair the correct operation of the Game (A) No
    (Q) Is it in the same nature of any of the things listed in the EUALA as MOD's / Hacks / Addons that do the above mentioned no no's. (A) No

No this is not a breach to the EUALA it is not a fully automated macro/script/bot/ well the SWTOR has it worded as mods/addons 3rd party software or hardware that modifys the game etc, It is a semi automated function it does not alter the game. so dont worry about it.

even in wow this type of macro is fine. the ones they ban people for are fully automated scrips/macros. things like using a logitech to fish, or prospect, basicaly the type of macro you can turn on and walk away from the computer.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-02-22 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    ~snip~
    I would have this discussion all over again (as I have had on the 12 other topics about this), but if you can't see how running macro's with 3rd party hardware "changes the way the game plays" there is no point in trying to explain it to you.

You clearly didn't even read my post, as I said that using the 3rd party hardware discussed clearly circumvents the wording from the segment of eula quote I posted.

Just because it's a grey area doesn't mean you're right. It means it's a grey area. The hardware clearly uses some kind of software to write/save your macros. Try reading the post you're going to try and superman before attacking it.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2012-02-22 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I would have this discussion all over again (as I have had on the 12 other topics about this), but if you can't see how running macro's with 3rd party hardware "changes the way the game plays" there is no point in trying to explain it to you.

You clearly didn't even read my post, as I said that using the 3rd party hardware discussed clearly circumvents the wording from the segment of eula quote I posted.

Just because it's a grey area doesn't mean you're right. It means it's a grey area. The hardware clearly uses some kind of software to write/save your macros. Try reading the post you're going to try and superman before attacking it.
    Using this type of hardware does not "changes the way the game plays" it does not alter the game or how it plays. thats like saying using a joypad to play a game changes how it plays, or having a mechanical keyboard "changes the way the game plays" or having a 6400 dpi mouse "changes the way the game plays" because you can move your pointer across the screen faster. The fact you have already repeated yourself on 12 other occasions tells me you are the kind of person who 1 will not accept any kind of answer because you think you are right all the time and 2 that you like to stick your noise into things you cant offer any sort of input to other than spouting forth legal mumbojumbo you dont even understand.

running external software or hardware for example a speedhack is something that "changes the way the game plays" This mouseover macro alters the game in no way shape or form.

If I make a basic macro in any MMO from a G15 keyboard that I press say G1 and it is macroed to press 1 2 3 4 5, does NOT! "changes the way the game plays" the game plays exactly the same.

If I edit the software of the game to hit 100x harder that DOES! "changes the way the game plays"

Do you see the diffrence ?

I know it might be hard for you to understand and accept but read the words and understand "changes the way the game plays" because it does not mean what you seem to think it means.

I did read your post and understood it but there is nothing to circumvent, it is not the same thing as you think it is.

some info from swtor forums

someone cant get their G15 macros to work. and the responce from customer service.

Customer service from SWTOR
    "Greetings All,

Please be advised that some users are also resolving these issues by running their third party software (e.g. Logitech G-series Key Profiler) as administrator.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=200653

a quote from customer service in a beta interview

"Garry Galloway - Bioware Customer Service

So on this issue macros are fine where as automation is not. So long as you are sitting there playing the game all is well. If you get to where you press a button and go to work and come home all the while the game has been autogrinding autonomously that is not acceptible. We will be monitoring this kind of activity so please be aware of this.

Thank you for your input. "

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ght=G15&page=2

and some quotes from the old EUALA

"13. Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications."

"4. You may not use macros, add-ons or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate."

notice this is no longer in the EUALA

could it maybe have something to do with the fact http://www.razerzone.com/swtor SWTOR keyboard and mouse which comes with ! wait for it Macro software! and dont forget the mouse comes with "17 MMO-Optimized buttons
    Reign supreme in the far reaches of the galaxy with the Star Wars: The Old Republic Gaming Mouse by Razer featuring 17 buttons for effortless destruction and more skills at your disposal. The Razer driver software allows easy organization and absolute freedom to remap key binds, character abilities, and macros to all the buttons to keep you on top of your game".

but even the old EUALA states the following "that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate."

does this macro facilitate acquisition of

items -> computer says Noooooooooooo
    currency -> computer says Noooooooooooo
    objects -> computer says Noooooooooooo
    character attributes -> computer says Noooooooooooo
    rank or status at an accelerated rate -> computer says No no no no no!
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-02-22 at 06:51 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    +1 internets for you ... why the hell haven't i thought of this
    I'm with this guy, thanks for the helpful post.

Deleted
    a nice idea idd. i have a logitech g700 gaming mouse, i'm gonna set up healing profile right away!

That SWTOR Mouse is difficult to find, almost always on back order at Amazon and now it takes months to get from Amazon.