Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'd say it's about in the same position as Rift when that game was first released. It disappointed a lot of people at first, but now after a year it sounds like the game is better than ever and still improving.

SWTOR just needs more time to fix the bugs and add extra end game content. I think one of their biggest mistakes was releasing the game with so many servers that people are just spread out too much and there isn't enough heavy pop servers for a brand new game.

I've played it since Dec 26, so about 2 months. I've done nothing except pvp and now I've kinda hit a brick wall, it's been a couple days since I've logged in. I hit rank 60 and lost all motivation to continue pvping, I don't find the boss fights very interesting in flashpoints, but I haven't tried an operation yet so I don't know how those are.
    WoW had many more bugs, and way less end game content for months after it was released. in fact just about the entire warrior class didn't work. also i don't know what you have been reading but at release there wasn't enough servers to keep up with demand. would you rather have too few servers so packed full with people that you had to wait an hour or more in a queue to play? or would you rather have more than enough servers for your player base, and not have to wait in line to log in?... so basically you say you've only participated in less than a quarter of the game, and you are saying that there is nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    WoW had many more bugs, and way less end game content for months after it was released. in fact just about the entire warrior class didn't work. also i don't know what you have been reading but at release there wasn't enough servers to keep up with demand. would you rather have too few servers so packed full with people that you had to wait an hour or more in a queue to play? or would you rather have more than enough servers for your player base, and not have to wait in line to log in?... so basically you say you've only participated in less than a quarter of the game, and you are saying that there is nothing to do.
    assuming he is only playing on one 50 he is only playing 1/32th of the game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    So you're saying operations are 75% of the game, because that's really all I haven't done, that and playing every AC to 50 like the guy above me said.

And yes, I would rather deal with the queues because they wouldn't last long. Eventually they'd get their shit straight and increase the cap on the servers (just like they did). How long was it that WoW had large queues? My server is heavy pop at prime time, but it sucks trying to get anything done if you aren't doing it between the hours of 5pm-midnight est.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-02-21 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charblaze View Post
    I swear to god if someone compares SWTOR to WoW launch one more time...
    Ya, WoW did not have WoW to learn from. It is very unfair to compare WoW to TOR. I agree.

Shocked this thread was not locked a long time ago, but since it is still kicking I will add my 2 cents. You treat a chunk of your player base like crap and they will leave. There are alternatives. Now they are no longer just competing with Blizz & Trion, but Anet and Funcom soon. I also fully understand why TOR did not allow video footage of their game to be released until right before release.

Story based game only goes so far.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Ya, WoW did not have WoW to learn from. It is very unfair to compare WoW to TOR. I agree.

Shocked this thread was not locked a long time ago, but since it is still kicking I will add my 2 cents. You treat a chunk of your player base like crap and they will leave. There are alternatives. Now they are no longer just competing with Blizz & Trion, but Anet and Funcom soon. I also fully understand why TOR did not allow video footage of their game to be released until right before release.

Story based game only goes so far.
    Well they had Everquest, and Ultima Online to look at the time, and any other older MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    Well they had Everquest, and Ultima Online to look at the time, and any other older MMO.
    Well if you chose to defend SWToR on the basis that it's better than a release version that came out 7 years ago, then all the power to you.

Do u also compare smart phones to old school payphones before you pick which smart phone you wanna buy?

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Well if you chose to defend SWToR on the basis that it's better than a release version that came out 7 years ago, then all the power to you.

Do u also compare smart phones to old school payphones before you pick which smart phone you wanna buy?
    No I only make relevant comparisons. Or rather I choose to make comparison when they are relevant or valid. That does not fall into the same category as what you are describing I'm afraid. Maybe the next group of developers who makes a game your interested in can be bothered to shake down Chris Metzen and Greg Street for ideas. This particular group of developers decided to release a blank slate and grow the game from that. Take that as you like.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-02-21 at 03:53 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't dead. This thread really didn't need to get to 5 pages. Thread is now closed.