Thread: Balance PvP

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Balance PvP

How is balance in PvP, compaired to feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Summability View Post
    How is balance in PvP, compaired to feral?
    Not good....not good...

More so, it has it's place. Useful in Eye of the Storm and AB for knocking people around. Arenas? Yikes...unless in 5s maybe

Depends on who's sitting at the keyboard.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kewidogg View Post
    Not good....not good...

More so, it has it's place. Useful in Eye of the Storm and AB for knocking people around. Arenas? Yikes...unless in 5s maybe
    Lsd2... lock boomkin restoshaman

LSD2 is the only viable 3v3 comp for a Boomkin really, you could push relatively high rating with it.

in 2v2 you need to Boomkin/Affli Lock or not at all.

PuG Battlegrounds are literally the worst, you will be immediately focused and globalled by DKs, Rogues, Retris, Ferals and Warriors and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

RBGs you will become a god, sit in solar, spread dots, cyclone one healer and root/beam the other to secure many kills and do insane damage.

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    LSD2 is the only viable 3v3 comp for a Boomkin really, you could push relatively high rating with it.

PuG Battlegrounds are literally the worst, you will be immediately focused and globalled by DKs, Rogues, Retris, Ferals and Warriors and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

RBGs you will become a god, sit in solar, spread dots, cyclone one healer and root/beam the other to secure many kills and do insane damage.
    What he said :P

Arenas make me feel sick (used to do 2s as kitty but it's boring)
    Random BGs make you wanna scratch your eyes out :P
    I find RBGs the best form of PvP both for Boomkin and for myself as I really enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post

This, try and run with an affliction lock to double the fun.

But id say feral>boomy.

why do most boomkins forget magic mushrooms ... those things are HELLA annoying to deal with as melee, all you do is plant them where you stand if any melee come at you pop them and kite in a circle ... ive seen some beastly boomkins in my time and they utilize all there skills most of them own melee ... idk about casters tbh cuz i dont play one and i dont play a lazer chicken =(

Edit : moonkins are super fun and so is feral its just choice in play ... personally i would play both since resto is pretty meh

Deleted
    Feral is one of the strongest PvP spec at the moment whereas Balance is one of the weakest. Shouldn't stop you from playing whatever you want though.

If you go balance, get an affliction lock and a resto shaman buddies and go have fun multi dotting everything in sight. Seriously, probably one of the hardest comp I've gone against. Sadly not that many viable comps as balance and you'll most likely get blown up if a melee sits on you in BGs or duels. If you can somehow make yourself unnoticed (Your fat fluffy feathery body doesn't help) then you can wreck a lot of havoc in large scale PvP, the amount of damage you'll do in BGs is insane.
    Last edited by mmoc9c596db30a; 2012-02-21 at 10:50 AM.

I BG as balance in my PvE gear and I do die easy but I also rack up kills and damage like crazy. Using all my honor for a feral set tho cause feral is more desirable in arenas. Just run a DoT and you won't go wrong.

Can still get glad as balance, it's just hard and setup reliant.

I can just about handle getting to CP cap on my moonkin, i tend to pvp more on the mage tho. Yay for control.