Thread: Penetration

Penetration

Is it odd that i usually never use any form of penetration when i play?
    on ap champs i usually build cooldown boots.....idk why, i just seem to value it more =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Magic pen is very valuable. Magic Pen runes, Void staff, and sorc shoes are usually enough. If you love CD reductionb oots o much, build a mask.

Not odd, but ineffective. Even if your enemy doesn't have any magic resist or armor, they still have base values of both. In many cases, building armor/magic pen will deal considerably more damage than flat AP/AD, at least early on.

Love the title of this thread

GIGGITY!

Personally I would always run 10 magic pen from runes (marks + 2 glyphs) + sorc shoes so you will basically be dealing true damage to champs with a base of 30 MR.

AD is quite different though due to a lot of popular AD champs skills scaling with AD which is in most cases so much better (easier last hitting as well). With the new masteries you also get 6 arm pen + the 10% which is plenty until you get your last whisper. I always run flat ad marks + quints + armor seals then whatever glyphs (MRlevel/mp5/FlatMR).
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Before using penetration, you must consider what type of penetration you could use the most. There are 2 types of single-stat penetration, and then there's double penetration. Champs that usually go in deep prefer different penetration types than those who rather stay back and do their thing from a distance.
    Another thing to note is that you dont want too much penetration since it will not be as effective once you've pierced all of their resistances. Just a little penetration will suffice.
    Lastly, i'd advise you to use items that increase your penetration in order to reach the level of penetration you want. Items are a very efficient way to make up for your champions lack of innate penetration.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

oh...this thread isn't what I expected...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv View Post
    Love the title of this thread

GIGGITY!
    I was expecting approx 50% more troll in this thread too

yes PENETRATION is alot better then you think
    N

Deleted
    Just keep this in mind: Check the enemies' stats. Unless a LOT of armor/mr is being built a percentage-based penetration item (such as last whisper) is not worth it and you're better off with flat arpen from runes a.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandri View Post
    Just keep this in mind: Check the enemies' stats. Unless a LOT of armor/mr is being built a percentage-based penetration item (such as last whisper) is not worth it and you're better off with flat arpen from runes a.o.
    Not really, last wisper is very cost efficient and works on skills, not just autoattacks.
    N

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    There are 2 types of single-stat penetration, and then there's double penetration.
    This guy knows his stuff.

Deleted
    I won't lie I came here hoping for something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Before using penetration, you must consider what type of penetration you could use the most. There are 2 types of single-stat penetration, and then there's double penetration. Champs that usually go in deep prefer different penetration types than those who rather stay back and do their thing from a distance.
    There's a new signature here somewhere....
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Oh god!
    I logged off last night thinking this wouldnt get much.

Most of my early game for AP champs revolves around me using a full flat AP page, or flat AP and mp5 yellows.
    I usually do well too....and then cooldown boots are wonderful early CDR, lets me get more spells off.

I'm usually in the mindset of support though which could explain it a lot. But for instance, im playing as annie, flat ap, cdr, lots of spells high damage.....where as i could probably get more/the same damage out of magic pen, but less casts

Deleted
    I came here for all the wrong reasons!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    Is it odd that i usually never use any form of penetration when i play?
    on ap champs i usually build cooldown boots.....idk why, i just seem to value it more =\
    pens always better

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread Necromancy is not allowed, especially when the thread is over a year old.