Question Is this a good COMPATIABLE gaming build?

I already purchased the RAM and the mother board.

CPU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103995

PSU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

PSU option 2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817152035

MOBO
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131657

RAM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231428

GRAPHICS CARD
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102908

HARD DRIVE (prices are really high right now unfortunately...but i was wondering is 500GB fine? I don't download tons of things.)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148767

I just want to know if this is all compatible with each and other and if it would be a good gaming build. Also, if there is anything else you recommend me getting or me not getting, or something i forgot to mention, feel free to tell me that as well. Thanks in advanced!

Both those PSUs concern me. The reviews are not good if they exist at all and from what I have seen the companies reputations are not the greatest. I would recommend something like:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371016
    A little less power but it should be plenty and from a good company with great reviews.

Also for the motherboard I would recommend getting a AM3+ board, the AM3 is already old and will not support the newer procs from AMD for future upgrades.
    Last edited by WarFalcon1; 2012-02-21 at 04:01 AM.

Pretty much all of it is rather meh and dated. I'd understand if you're on a very tight budget, but you didn't make mention of one. I'd also want to say that, yes a 500gb HDD is fine. Granted I am within 100gb's of full on mine, I have a lot of stuff I'm not playing on it. Modern games take up anywhere from 5-25gb's of data, then you throw in music/movies on top of that, and it fills up quick. But If I was to clear out all of the games I am not playing atm, I'd probably free up 100-150gb's lol.

I would go with Warfalcon on the PSU, but the processor you have selected is better even though it has a lower clock rate at least in the overall ability of the 2 processors. Computer parts companies will charge you for performance when it comes to CPUs and GPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those PSU's are a ticking time bomb waiting to bomb your whole computer. Get a corsair, antec, seasonic ect.. Everything else is ALRIGHT I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quick hint: don't waste your time with a new AMD build. Just get yourself a socket 1155 board and a Sandy Bridge core i5.
    Also, those PSUs are basically PC destroyers. Never ever cheap out on this.

Thanks for all of the replies. And yes, i am on a budget with this build. Lol. is it still going toe be enough to run most games and WoW mainly on ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Thanks for all of the replies. And yes, i am on a budget with this build. Lol. is it still going toe be enough to run most games and WoW mainly on ultra?
    I doubt that that build, as it sits, will run any game, including WoW, on Ultra w/ shadows and AA.

My recommendations:

- I highly recommend returning that MoBo; unless you're on an extremely low budget (i.e. < $500), AMD simply cannot compete with Sandy Bridge.
    - Like others above me have said, never, ever, ever, ever buy a low grade, no-name power supply for a gaming station. People make the mistake of buying cheap PSUs and then act surprised when they fry the entire setup in a month (or sooner). A power supply is the lifeblood of your system, without it, nothing else works... It would be like buying a Ferrari and using regular, unleaded gasoline - you can do it, but you'll pay for it eventually.

For a similar budget you can build this, and it will play games better:

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant
    CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H67M (B3) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($75.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH22NS90B DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $663.47

Notes:
    - You didn't say anything about a case or an operating system, but I included them anyway. If you don't need either, just subtract the cost from the build above.
    - Since you bought the memory already, I didn't include any, but do note: the memory you bought is 1600MHz, the MoBo in the build above only supports 1333 and below, but the memory you bought will still work, it will just get downclocked.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-21 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks for that reply @noteworthynerd. I think i am going to switch out the 6850 i had first picked out for the 6870 you listed in your build for me. How much performance do you think that would boost when my build is finished up from the 6850? Also, i'm not so sure i'm going to switch my mother board for an intel one and go with the i3/i5 right now cause well, im very impatient and i want to get it done quickly because its been so long LOL. One more thing, the PSU in your build for me you listed a better one then the ones i picked out, and someone else who posted above you picked out a PSU as well. Which should i get? And should i get a heat sink? Sorry i'm very new to computer building.

How much performance do you think that would boost when my build is finished up from the 6850?
    You'll likely see a 10-20 FPS by switching to the 6870.

Also, i'm not so sure i'm going to switch my mother board for an intel one and go with the i3/i5 right now cause well, im very impatient and i want to get it done quickly because its been so long LOL.
    Do what you want to do, just know that you could have bought a better system for the same/less money.

One more thing, the PSU in your build for me you listed a better one then the ones i picked out, and someone else who posted above you picked out a PSU as well. Which should i get?
    If you're talking about the Antec PSU Warfalcon recommended - I'd say go with the one I suggested. Some Antec PSUs are okay, but that one in particular (the BP550) is originally manufactured by a company by the name of "Delta", and their PSUs are not exactly high-grade.

And should i get a heat sink? Sorry i'm very new to computer building.
    It depends on which CPU you go with. If you stick with the AMD, then yes, I'd get a Heatsink because you're gonna wanna overclock that chip to get your money's worth. If you decide to go with the Intel in my suggested build (the better option), you'll be fine with the stock cooler.

I guess I would suggest something like this, if you do go with the AMD build: Corsair A70, assuming it will fit in the case you're using (I didn't see it linked anywhere?).