Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bandage should work through dots

but, break on direct damage. With every class under the sun capable of throwing 2-50 dots on you, even in their dying breath, it's nonsense that you can't bandage yourself with them ticking. If you can LoS or CC your opponent long enough to get a bandage off, you deserve it even if they hit their 1 button uncasted instant dot.

Especially with bandages being the way they are, barely healing a decent enough chunk of hp as it is.

bandages are very outdated. I personally think they should be relookd at in the way they become helpful in pvp/pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever tried to bandage yourself while still bleeding? It doesn't work. You gotta stop the bleeding first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Have you ever tried to bandage yourself while still bleeding? It doesn't work. You gotta stop the bleeding first.
    Ever tried to bandage yourself with a minor disease? It's easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Except that it's ineffective.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever tried to bandage yourself while being a living bomb, have frost fever, and have a curse on you? Most of these aren't bleeds and have no real life analogue, not to mention the bandaging mechanic itself doesn't make sense when compared to real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    ^
    AWWEH SNAP!

To avoid a infraction;
    Yes, they should be able to heal through dots, the amount of times I facestomp locks and priests in BGs and then die due to their dots lasting for about 15seconds after they are dead, and me not being able to heal myself, is insane.
    They need to be adjusted, they are just so pointless these days - IMO.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Bandages should cure bleeds entirely...that is the real life purpose of bandages after all.

Yeah, bandages should work through dots...the should be completely reworked though. Archaic mechanic is old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Ever tried to bandage yourself while being a living bomb, have frost fever, and have a curse on you? Most of these aren't bleeds and have no real life analogue, not to mention the bandaging mechanic itself doesn't make sense when compared to real life.
    Sure they do:
    Living bomb - being on fire
    Frost fever - frostbite
    Curse - curse

Why is anyone comparing real life to the game at all?

Its really just a simple quality of life change. It makes perfect sense that if you somehow managed to peel that feral off you, you deserve to be able to use those 8 seconds to bandage instead of waiting 5 seconds to get out of combat and 3 seconds to eat to heal for a total of 2% of your hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if we are talking about real world then:

1- Bandages have no effect against disease, curses and spells.
    2- Bandages are only effective against small wounds.

In WoW

I think it is fair to let dots stop bandaging. Look at it the other way. A DoT class could claim that it sucks enough that their damage takes 20 seconds to kick in and can be removed and letting the enemy bandage through it is just too much.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-02-21 at 06:24 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Aid itself needs to be redone. Bandages are awesome if you can get the time to use it, the 37k healing can easily make or break a match. I feel that First Aid should also have a way to dispel diesease, poisons, curses, bleeds, and magical effects on oneself.

Blizz was going on and on about how Bandages would be a 1 second cast time effect, and then you would get a neat little hot for a few seconds restoring your health! They were also saying something about mana management, and how ppl would have to mitigate damage and heal thierselves in order to down an encounter. I iz disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

During I think the cataclysm beta there was a discussion that bandages should have been a shorter, if not instant cast which then applied a heal over time (HoT) effect.
    That effect would have then been broken or cut short by taking damage.

I think the main issue of the long cast is what makes them tedious to use.
    If blizzard want to make pvp fights more strategic rather than OMG burst then that would be one way to go about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a time when having max first aid was a requirement for raiding (in TBC). The last time I effectively used a bandage was on a tank during lvl85 panther boss (was epic wipe prevention, also gave me the achievement).

Deleted
    rofl why would u bandage if you arent bleeding? lol i dunno when u ppl do bandage yourselves, but i usualy do it when i AM bleeding and want to STOP bleeding lol, so my blood is soaked up by the bandage and not all over the place. dont u think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezo View Post
    rofl why would u bandage if you arent bleeding? lol i dunno when u ppl do bandage yourselves, but i usualy do it when i AM bleeding and want to STOP bleeding lol, so my blood is soaked up by the bandage and not all over the place. dont u think?
    When a feral druid claws you, it isn't a little paper cut. Bandaging is very ineffective without first stopping or slowing the bleeding of a major wound. You need to either manually apply pressure or make a tourniquet. If all you are doing is soaking up the gushing blood, you will quickly lose consciousness then bleed to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that it's ineffective.
    Bandaging a wound when you have AIDS is still plenty effective at preventing you from fucking dying, and I'd qualify AIDS as considerably more than a "minor" disease.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Bandaging a wound when you have AIDS is still plenty effective at preventing you from fucking dying, and I'd qualify AIDS as considerably more than a "minor" disease.
    What? I thought the logic was pretty straightforward. In the game, having a disease on you will interrupt the bandaging. Whitey's response is that having a disease wouldn't hamper someone's ability to bandage (the way it does in the game). My reply was that this was true except that bandaging would have no effect on being diseased.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I thought the logic was pretty straightforward. In the game, having a disease on you will interrupt the bandaging. Whitey's response is that having a disease wouldn't hamper someone's ability to bandage (the way it does in the game). My reply was that this was true except that bandaging would have no effect on being diseased.
    Those diseases are applied with either being beat on with an oversized sword or by being smacked by a blast of very cold air and/or ice. Both of which are treatable and treated with bandages as part of basic first aid
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Can we stop using the "REALISTICALLY SPEAKING, if an X did Y to you, would you be able to bandage that?" This isn't about whats realistic! This is about game design!

Now...lets get back to the point.... They should indeed work through DoTs....or have special Bandages that simply remove DoTs. First Aid needs an overhaul really... making a few bandages isnt exciting. We need first aid tents! And cauterizing tools...and defibrillators! Because right now it has "O-L-D" and "O-U-T-D-A-T-E-D" written all over it.