Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    When I had a period of many bad dreams, I taught myself to hurt myself inside the dream to check if I was dreaming or not.

Worked like a charm. Everytime I started getting a bad feeling, I would poke myself in the arm(inside the dream), and that way be informed that it was only a dream. Funny thing is, I would say it out loud in my dream "Oh, I am just dreaming".

Not saying it completely removed the nightmare, but it calmed it down significantly. I still had a fear of seeing the things I could see in my dreams, but atleast I knew it wasn't real and that way had much better control of what was gonna happen next. Knowing that it was a dream, also helped me work out a method of getting out of it when I could not wake up. I simply imagined that I drowned myself in some water I spawned(??!!). That would most of the time, stop the nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Ooooooooor, just wake up sweaty and scared like shit. Just tell yourself it was a stupid nightmare which means absolutely nothing, because that's what it was. And enjoy the rest of your night.
    not true any form of dream/nightmare has a meaning which is why people have recommended writing them down coz then later on you can start to analysis yes i have dreams and nightmares i started writing them down a while ago after some meaning dreams that i actually remember, as the only dreams i do remember are the ones that mean something to me lucky for me i do things like critical thinking and analysis at uni so i can deconstruct them when i'm fully awake
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give it five minutes without focusing to much on it, and your brain will "forget" it. Try to remember any dream, and you probably cant, unless you actually made an effort to memorize it RIGHT after you woke up.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Happen to me once. I was dreaming of MLP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I personally love nightmares. Waking up with that feeling of terror is kind of exciting lol
    Forever alone

Deleted
    I mostly have boring or good dreams. Sometimes I have nightmares where I'm angry or really sad, but never scared.

Haven't had a proper nightmare in maybe 5 years.

Damn you, Jeff Daniels! DAMN YOU!

There's only one nightmare that I can remember vividly, and it was a sort of lucid nightmare back when I was about 9 or 10. I remember being fully conscious of the events, but not realizing that it was all in my head. It started with me "waking up" in bed, looking around the room, and then what looks like casper the ghost appears out of nowhere. The first reaction I had was to start screaming, but no sound would come out, it was like air escaping out of a tire. That's when things took a weird turn and went from a nightmare to a "wtf is going on in here" type of dream, when all of a sudden, there were multiples of this casper-like figure that appeared out of thin air all around my room. They all pull out straws, and with a wicked grin on their faces, start shooting spitballs at me. It was then that I reached out, grabbed one of these straws, and started shooting spitballs back at them, which made them vanish. Next thing after that, I woke up for real, with one of my parents walking into the room to ask if I was okay.

Since then, I've never had any nightmares that I can remember, if any at all.
    Lurker extraordinaire

Once I had a "WoW" dream...

I was a WW1 American infantryman with a small group of other WW1 American soldiers around me.
    We were in the field of strife in av with dead enemies and broken siege weaponry scattered around us. On the far side of the field on the slope leading to the field on the right side of bal`s room (from a horde pov) there was a large force of German WW1 infantry. We jeered at them and they jeered at us for a few minutes until one of their officers gave a loud shout and they fell silent and began rummaging through they packs on their belts. Suddenly someone near me yelled "HE SAID FIX BAYONETS! THE #!%!ERS ARE GOIN TO CHARGE US!". Our commander gave the order to fall back because we were outnumbered and as we began the retreat a HUGE swarm of German reinforcements crested the hill dead set on spearing our asses (damn Germans hacked the battle ground!) we got to the choke point near galv`s place when suddenly me and the rest of the soldiers were suddenly running down the ally behind my house (with the Germans still in hot pursuit)! Our commander stopped and yelled "WHY THE HELL ARE WE MOVING IN A GROUP! SCATTER AND MEET BACK AT HQ!". After that i remember turning and running along the side of my neighbors house. Then i woke up.

Was weird as fuck.

Don't drink your self to sleep it was just a dream. This is coming from someone who consistently has fucked up and random dreams. In one single week I had dreams about nazis dropping a-bombs on america using blimps,my entire family being eating whole by whale sharks and one that I can't really explain because it really isn't appropriate for all ages.

Matter of fact I had a pretty fucked up dream my self last night. Fucked up because it was totally random, Im at a gas station with a few relatives, some how we get into a confrontation with another group of people who were for some reason driving a ambulance. We leave the gas station and they follow us and ram us off the road then the dream ends and I wake up. I had the flu last couple of days so it was probably influenced by the meds Ive been taking
    Last edited by rcking09; 2012-02-21 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Damn you, Jeff Daniels! DAMN YOU!
    That's what I'm sayin, breh!

Why don't you just marvel at the fact that your brain could come up with a story as twisted as that. Sometimes I surprise myself.

I've somewhat had one of those lucid nightmares before, though I don't know if you could call it a nightmare. It was after playing Quake 4 and immediately going to bed, I had a dream of being in the game, and I was in one of the missions I played through earlier. It involved getting into a mechsuit sort of thing and fighting out of an enclosed area. All I can remember of it was getting in the mech and turning, and being surrounded by whatever it is I had to fight through. I remember getting swarmed, my vision doing the red "You're about to die" tint, and then everything going black. It wasn't particularly scary, but I woke up sweating like I ran a marathon and sick as hell, like I had gotten the flu in the 4 hours I'd been asleep. I remember being aware that it was a level I'd played out of Quake earlier, but I said something akin to "f*ck it" and went along with it. The weirdest thing was that it followed the exact same path that I had taken in the game, picking up and dropping the same weapons, and moving the same way.

That's the only dream I've been able to remember in the past 10 years, though if I played Dead Space, I'd get some really "memorable" dreams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    If you begin to lucid dream you'll be able to do anything you want and basically make your dreams a special place of fun, wonder and fantasy.

Sounds corny or cheese but it's totally awesome =X.
    Isn't lucid dreaming kind of counterproductive? The way I see it, dreams is just a way for the brain to process what is happening to us in the present or something that may have happened in the past. Doesn't lucid dreaming prevent that processing from happening if you're the one who's controlling the direction of the dream?

OT: I've had a couple of recent night terrors myself. A few months ago, in my dream, I was lying in my bed when suddenly a shadowy shade appears above me. All of a sudden he grabs hold of me and starts shaking me abruptly while laughing maniacally.

Then a few weeks ago I had one two days in a row, the first day, there was this same shadowy shade, but two of them, one in the form of a wolf and the other in the form of a bear. I was being chased down by the bear, when suddenly the wolf appears and starts attacking the bear, they go into an intens battle, when at some point they seem to dissappear into the shadow, I go to take a closer look, when suddenly a wolf/bear hybrid jumps at me from the shadows and at that point I wake up with anxiety.

Then the day after that, still terrified from what happened to me the night before, I manage to get myself to sleep, which I regret now . I was again, in my dream, lying in my bed. when suddenly that shade from a few months ago appears again. I see his arms reaching out for me, and suddenly I feel a sort of pillow pushing into my face, but it was an invisible pillow because I could still see what was happening, then as the shade keeps pushing onto my head, I feel like i'm levitating towards the window. And just before he pulls me out of the window I spit in his face and immediatly wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I can rarely remember my dreams. Though sometimes I'll go through the day and something will look extremely familiar, and I'll be like "Oh yeah! That was in my dream." without really remembering the whole dream. I'm weird :/
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a dream last night i bought Lamb of God tickets.. Woke up upset..

But in all seriousness just read or something before you go to sleep to clear your head

Deleted
    I watched The day after and Threads.. Throw in some Fallout games and books about nuclear annihilation. Oh yeah, i had a nightmare about nuclear war, easily goes to Top 5 of my nightmares.

I was in a forest sitting on a tree stump. Then i saw one guy running towards me and he told me "they launched the fucking missiles". I was shocked, i didn't know what to do and then i saw it. Flashing lights and many many mushroom clouds were rising in horizon. I don't remember what i did next but just before i woke i was walking in ruins of my hometown thinking where was my mother or father. Where was my family? Did they died? Are they trapped in some burning building? The feeling was fucking horrible! Then I woke up sobbing like a little girl..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I personally love nightmares. Waking up with that feeling of terror is kind of exciting lol
    Yeah... free movies who doesn't want them?!?