Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Frost or Unholy in PvP?

Hi, i´m gonna do some pvp on my DK, and i really don´t wanna play blood.

So, what positive / negative sides does frost and unholy have?

If you want to get over 1800 rating go Unholy...
    If you want fast 1800 rating, go Frost/ret or rogue...

I know that facing an Unholy DK is much more menacing than facing a Frost DK (who seem to be the epitome of the term "Glass Cannon!")

unholy has so much more control and necrotics stacking is really good

Deleted
    frost = burst dps really fun easy to play

unholy = harder to play need more control and can destroy healers if your a skilled uh dk

@jersovic i hardly ever get killed in pvp only classes i have trouble with is ferals and rogues cos they seem op atm

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 03:10 AM ----------

blood is a bad specc for pvp cos all a class needs to do is kite you and your dead and blood dk got nerfed so its even more useless in pvp cos of vengeance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    frost = burst dps really fun easy to play

unholy = harder to play need more control and can destroy healers if your a skilled uh dk

@jersovic i hardly ever get killed in pvp only classes i have trouble with is ferals and rogues cos they seem op atm

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 03:10 AM ----------

blood is a bad specc for pvp cos all a class needs to do is kite you and your dead and blood dk got nerfed so its even more useless in pvp cos of vengeance
    then your either really pro or really low rating because in 90% of comps with a dk, the dk is the kill target

ok, ok , ty. As a frost dk, should i use Dual wield or 2hander?
    And also, wich spells should i use?

Is it worth doing howling blast? Why?
    Do you use plauge strike to apply the dot, or just do the spell with 1 min CD to apply both?

In other words, what spells are worth using and when, you use any rotation or such?

Deleted
    My DK PvP alt is DW Frost and it is really fun to play. Lots of burst DPS and especially in BGs this is nice.

Glyphed Howling Blast is cool because you spread your frost fever with it so it is def. worth using. To the attacks: I respecced to Mastery only so I have lots of mastery which means lots of additional Frost damage. Therefore I use Frost strikes and stuff mainly.

Yesterday was funny because my 2nd specc is Blood and I do PvP with it too sometimes. I met this other Horde Blood DK and we fought almost the entire battle of TB 1on1. No one would die because I used my mastery gear from frost and that means you get pretty badass Blood Shield when you heal yourself.

The DMG of Blood in PvP is pretty bad tho !! Good survivability and extreme self heals but not fun to play at all.

Edit: I like the setup of this guy for DW Frost very much http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Infeh/simple A bit yelly about double 416 Souldrinkers tho !!
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-02-22 at 08:53 AM.

Unholy unless you enjoy getting blown up. Especially since RLS/RMP are such a dominant setups right now. Not to mention you aren't going to stick to target or kite out melee cd's without Death's advance.

Ty for the fast answer, meanwhile i came up with some new questions

I saw alot of frost dks not using obliterate nor spec in Annhiliation (increase obliteratte dmg). Why? Is it not worth using? Does it not scale with your mastery?
    Also, is it worth spending talent points in Nerves of cold steel (increases hit and offhand wepaeon damage)
    And 1 more. If you play arena as frost, should you get blade barrier? (reduces the dmg u take)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagobha View Post
    Ty for the fast answer, meanwhile i came up with some new questions

I saw alot of frost dks not using obliterate nor spec in Annhiliation (increase obliteratte dmg). Why? Is it not worth using? Does it not scale with your mastery?
    Also, is it worth spending talent points in Nerves of cold steel (increases hit and offhand wepaeon damage)
    And 1 more. If you play arena as frost, should you get blade barrier? (reduces the dmg u take)
    The problem with obliterate is indeed mastery !! You know mastery for frost means that the dmg your frost abilitys do is increased by ..% and Obliterate does not do any Frost dmg so it is basically useless because your mastery brings no + DMG on OB.

Requires Melee Weapon

A brutal instant attack that deals 150% weapon damage plus 650. Total damage is increased by 12.5% for each of your diseases on the target.

Nerves of cold steel is indeed very usefull and in my opinion a must have. I would rather go for Bladed Armor than Blade Barrier because even in arena it is kinda useless. Once you get 4k + resi and over 195 spell pen then you should not need to spec it.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-02-22 at 10:21 AM.

Once again, ty Megaira for the fast reply.

You mentioned 1900 spell pen? I read somewhere that you should have 195 spell pen as dk, over 1900 seems crazy!!

And btw, do you ever use obliterate, beacuse i see some does it even if they say its useless

sry if some questions is stupid and the answer is obvious, new to Meeles and the DK class

Deleted
    Once again, ty Megaira for the fast reply.

You mentioned 1900 spell pen? I read somewhere that you should have 195 spell pen as dk, over 1900 seems crazy!!

And btw, do you ever use obliterate, beacuse i see some does it even if they say its useless

sry if some questions is stupid and the answer is obvious, new to Meeles and the DK class
    Ah sry that was a typo !! Yes 195 is right. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Ah sry that was a typo !! Yes 195 is right. xD
    NP, hehe

another question , sry ;(

Do you apply blood plauge with plauge strike and keep this disease up all the time (The frostie disease is always up due to chains of ice etc), or do u just have it up when you use Outbreak (Applies both dots to ur target). I´ve read about some DKs who doesnt apply this disease more then with Outbreak. Isn´t that stupid? What do you do?

once again, ty for staying updated to my post

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    obliterate is good for bursting down low armour classes when you popped cooldowns. thats about it. 2xHB does a comparable ammount of damage to an obliterate or maybve more with enough mastery, and you can use HB at range and it applies a slow. thats why the general 'rotation' is pretty much howling blast, necrotic strike with unholy runes, and frost strike when you can. the oblit to burst them down if they have low armour.

i think..

at Viggers

Seems wise enough. Since frost strike takes runic power, this ability can not be spammed for too long, that means you need another high damage ability - Obliterate. Even tho it doesnt scale with mastery, it still deals some dmg, and you can fill out the time with it while waiting for runic power and you need to burst

things is becoming clear for me now.... thanks ; )

Deleted
    at Viggers

Seems wise enough. Since frost strike takes runic power, this ability can not be spammed for too long, that means you need another high damage ability - Obliterate. Even tho it doesnt scale with mastery, it still deals some dmg, and you can fill out the time with it while waiting for runic power and you need to burst

things is becoming clear for me now.... thanks ; )
    Exactly but it is just not worth speccing into Annihilation and other OB stuff because it is more a filler ability for frost as it does not stack with mastery.

Howling blast is cool and with the HB glyph even more and combined with the Icy touch glyph (20% more dmg on frost fever) it is pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Exactly but it is just not worth speccing into Annihilation and other OB stuff because it is more a filler ability for frost as it does not stack with mastery.

Howling blast is cool and with the HB glyph even more and combined with the Icy touch glyph (20% more dmg on frost fever) it is pretty neat.
    exactly. ty for the help guys, i´ll probably come up with some new questions as i play! ; )

Deleted
    use 2H
    4xnecro
    2xhowlingblast
    froststrike

repeat

Unholy takes atleast some skill, frost is just buttonmashing and stick to a healer until he's oom. Funz