Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ticks. I've historically always been terrified of ticks, which is strange because I love the outdoors and areas where ticks hang out. As I grow older though, it's less of a paralyzing phobia.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything "medicalish"

The cold sterilized look and smell (oh god the horrible smell of latex gloves and chemicals) of hospitals, dentist offices, or doctor offices.

I would rather get the flu for a month than voluntarily go to one of those places for an hour.

Im always afraid they will make some diagnosis that is fatal and incurable and I will live the rest of my life waiting to die rather than be ignorant of it and never see it coming.

I had to go for surgery once in my right ear because of some kind of "inner ear perforation" which is a minor birth defect and that was probably the worst experience in my entire life. Lying down on the cold table with a group of people with that horrible "sterile" smell and then suddenly a mask comes over my face that seemingly suffocates me and then I begin to go numb and in the last 5 seconds of what I remember the doctor PULLS OUT A SCALPEL AND STARTS WAVING IT IN FRONT OF MY FACE and talking about nitrous oxide, N2o, "The gas".

Also, fuck needles.

Seeing it is dark below me while swimming, I freak out instantly. I even had goosebumps discovering ToT entrance in Vashj'ir, half-way swimming down I was about to give up but then it lightened up. xP

Deleted
    I always get paranoid that I've forgotten something, usually being scared that I haven't locked the front door or did I leave the milk out. I also give my pockets regular checks to make sure that everything is there. I'm often subconsciously finding things to worry about.

Also the fear of having to have needles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I'm not really afraid irrationally of anything that I can think of, but I have a friend who has an irrational fear of period blood, normal blood he's fine with, but not period blood.
    Not a phobia but I wouldn't want to have anything to do with it either
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aianne View Post
    I always get paranoid that I've forgotten something, usually being scared that I haven't locked the front door or did I leave the milk out. I also give my pockets regular checks to make sure that everything is there. I'm often subconsciously finding things to worry about.

Also the fear of having to have needles.
    That sounds almost like very slight obsessive behavior more than a phobia.

Spiders, see a video or picture, or even one in person, suddenly feel like I have spiders crawling all over me.

Deleted
    i dont feel confy in the dark, tho i dont get paranoid about it.

I am terrified of heights, spiders and being in large bodies of water like lakes, seas or the ocean. I get very nervous and start getting sweaty palms when I encounter any of those in video games. Well except the spiders. I only freak out if I see one irl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Seeing it is dark below me while swimming, I freak out instantly. I even had goosebumps discovering ToT entrance in Vashj'ir, half-way swimming down I was about to give up but then it lightened up. xP
    This also gets to me, or even just really deep water. Snorkeling over a shipwreck in Aruba was an adrenaline rush. I also panic if I swim or even stick my feet under things like a dock or boat, like something might reach out and grab me, even when I can clearly see there's nothing there. The idea of being in the water in close proximity to a large vessel is terrifying.
    Last edited by Nah; 2012-02-21 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death of my grandparents, theyre pretty much second parents to the point where id class my grandad as more of a dad than my actual dad, this isnt to say my dad is bad since hes not, hes great, its just my grandad is always the one to help me with schoolwork and take me places and i respect him more than anyone. Sometimes when i wake up its just in my head for some reason or say if i watch a film where someones grandparents die i think of mine, im dreading the day so bad, its a bit weird to say but its going to come sometime (hopefully not for a long time though).

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Spiders, see a video or picture, or even one in person, suddenly feel like I have spiders crawling all over me.
    Face your fears! http://c.cslacker.com/2289l.jpg go on i dare ya.
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-02-21 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    This thread is going places o.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Yeah I can relate, I don't like swimming in the ocean for that fact ... unless it is crystal clear, but then it's probably a ton of sharks and poisonous small seasnailmurayjellyfish there anyway. ;_;
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-02-21 at 06:52 PM.

Death here...I'm scared of just dissapearing when I die. Find it rather weak to start believing in heaven just to comfort me, I'l beg for mercy in the end anyway xD
    Growing old is one step closer to death. Also, the weaknesses it brings, and the thought of my loved ones getting older and eventually dieing too....very disturbing to me.

I believe there's something else beyond this life, though. I don't know what it is, but I believe it isn't only "this". However, it doesn't get more conforting..

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Nooope, not clicking.

Leeches. I can't swim in lakes. Scary. (swimming in the ocean is fine... somehow the idea of jelly fish and other ocean life doesn't worry me).

Bees/wasps. I've never been stung, but when I was young my aunt was. She's allergic and had to go to the emergency room (didn't have her medicine with her). Been terrified of them ever since. I don't even know if I'm allergic.

Spiders are fine. I like spiders.

But the thing that terrifies me most would be getting someone sick with the food I make. I probably wash my hands at least 30 times a day (not in an OCD gotta-keep-washing! way, just every time I go from touching one kind of ingredient to another). I have all of my knives and cutting boards color coded... this one is for raw chicken, this one is for vegetables, etc. A little crazy? Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    This also gets to me, or even just really deep water. Snorkeling over a shipwreck in Aruba was an adrenaline rush. I also panic if I swim or even stick my feet under things like a dock or boat, like something might reach out and grab me, even when I can clearly see there's nothing there. The idea of being in the water in close proximity to a large vessel is terrifying.
    Yeah, deep water itself doesn't bother me, but swimming under boats and such kind of does. I once went sailing on a large 2 masted sailing barge from the Port of Las Angeles to Catalina Island. About halfway, we jumped off the boat and had a bit of a swim far enough away that you couldn't even see land. I was completely fine with it until I went underwater and saw the keel of the boat going downward. I don't know what it was about it, but that keel really creeped me out. Not enough to keep me from swimming though.

Needles, insects, and hotels/motels in the middle of nowhere, especially the motels. Hotels can be alright if they're part of the major chain, but I still rather sleep in the car than one in the middle of nowhere.

While I'm guessing it's more from paranoia, I absolutely hate not having some form of weapon in arms reach. The thought of being that defenseless, completely incapable of defending yourself, or the people you care about...

Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post
    While I'm guessing it's more from paranoia, I absolutely hate not having some form of weapon in arms reach. The thought of being that defenseless, completely incapable of defending yourself, or the people you care about...
    That's an interesting one... I sleep with a baseball bat and a sword within arm's reach, and I used to keep a ka-bar (combat knife) under the driver's seat of my car. I never really thought of it as a phobia though... maybe I need to reevaluate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    But the thing that terrifies me most would be getting someone sick with the food I make. I probably wash my hands at least 30 times a day (not in an OCD gotta-keep-washing! way, just every time I go from touching one kind of ingredient to another). I have all of my knives and cutting boards color coded... this one is for raw chicken, this one is for vegetables, etc. A little crazy? Maybe.
    Oh, I share your paranoia there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    That's so cute

Mom spider and lots of little "puppies" Makes me want to hug them and feed them..