Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Selling character slots is an obvious 'replacement' for the loss of sub. (I don't mean 1:1 but it's an obvious cash shop item)
    It's a little naive to expect 8 (for each profession) or more, where 5 is already a very decent amount (5 races, 5 personal stories).
    At the time you'd want a 6th/7th/8th character slot, you probably already play GW2 for some time and thus the $/month really shouldn't be a problem imo. And for the 'casuals' and people who play GW2 + P2P, it's nice to have a cheap(er) game with 5 character slots. The B2P model is nice, but GW2 is not a charity. As long as they don't sell 'pay-to-win' or mandatory products in the CS, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Most likely they won't be $10 dollars each.

I think in GW they sold them in "packs", and you'd get like 5 for $10 dollars or something.
    Actually i just checked the GW store, and a single character slot is $10 (well $9.99, i've always thought that X.99 was stupid)

I don't see any reason why GW2 would be different, but then again there's no reason they can't change it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    Actually i just checked the GW store, and a single character slot is $10 (well $9.99, i've always thought that X.99 was stupid)

I don't see any reason why GW2 would be different, but then again there's no reason they can't change it either.
    The internet LIED TO ME!

its fine. but will def buy for the max. number of slots

Deleted
    well probaly not need them for a long time. But overall i think after that time and i will need it. I would just look at a 2nd account if thats overall cheaper ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    5 is perfect, I don't plan on playing 8 profs at all period, but I will have 5 so I can see how all the different races stories go as then leave them to gather dust as I ignore them entirerly to play my ranger!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Should have been one for each profession.

Somehow smart move to have limited character slots, it's stuff like this that covers the monthly fee.

Remember back in GW1, there were only 4 slots, had to buy another account to have more character, and yes... it was before you could buy slots.

Deleted
    if they are 10$ a slot, i think I will buy 2 boxes, at least then my brother or friends can play with me if they come over.

I'm happy with one slot per race. It's not like they can't add more in future expansions/patches etc, so this is a solid number to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Should have been one for each profession.
    Well they can pretty much choose any number they want. Lets be honest, they are also running a bussiness. I wouldve considered it very generous to get 8 slots, but frankly also a bit stupid. Thats 30 bucks they can make for every compulsive altoholic out there, such as myself.
    And when i take a neutral approach id say its a nice deal we get to just play every race and get a personal story with every race. And i find 30$ a relative cheap joke when you consider how much fun you can get from a character and how much you do not spend on pointless subscription fees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    1 for each race is ok for me. I'll just buy the maximum number as well though. Ultimately I'll want to play every profession.
    This exactly. Only if they're not too expensive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    This exactly. Only if they're not too expensive, though.
    Well i doubt the price would be as crazy as some of the blizzard cash items...../shiver...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Guh, should not have opened. Must resist. Not again. NOPE.
    Oh, no! You saw a picture showing the character slot limit! Your Guild Wars 2 experience has been completely ruined. Damn these spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting