Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    ...What?
    Have you even tried TOR PvP? It's so terrible im almost about to cry as i write this. You did not describe one thing that TOR has that WoW doesn't ( I'm not trying to be a WoW fanboy, as i have also quit the game. But come on, that response makes me feel like you haven't even touched the game.)
    I love tor's pvp!! My wife "convinced" me to play wow with her (after 6 months for both of us away), and while we had fun and rolled people in the 60ish bracket, i got up today and played my druid healer and my shaman healer in bgs, and the vast difference in gear now makes pvp a nightmare! I was away for 6 months, pvp in wow takes no skill, if you have the best gear you can one button spam anything and win. Tor, on the other hand, i get jumped by three people, i can take at LEAST one down with me, and usually last long enough to get help. And the down time in wow (while dead) is ridiculous!

Good for you for enjoying the game, but thinking that SWTOR is better because you havent burnt yourself out and you did in WoW is madness. You have identified why you got tired or WoW and learned from them, which is great. You could have done that with any game though, WoW included.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Oh for the love of.. Some people liked the game while others didnt, should each and everyone of them do as you and start a thread about theire thoughts about the game?
    Also to adress a couple of your points, comparing afking during raids in wow with afking during questing in swtor? I doubt anyone would yell at you for afking during questing in swtor either but if you raud in that game and go randomly afk people will yell. Thats people and have fuck all to do with the game.

You have 10 level 85s and found the leveling experience in swtor to be more fun the first time you are doing it then to level a 11th wow char to 85, that came as a suprise to you?
    You arent even comparing the games, you are comparing being burnt out with a game with a fresh start in one, thats not comparing games..

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    Actually sith warrior who people are always crying are under powered.

Something else that confuses me about pvp when people say they enjoy it why do they assume you are the current "op" class? Being over powered was never fun for me.
    Marauder?

OP.

(Well not really, but definitely not underpowered)
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-02-22 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jugg rolling as veng at the moment. Thought I had specified in my original post, my apologies.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    ...What?
    Have you even tried TOR PvP? It's so terrible im almost about to cry as i write this. You did not describe one thing that TOR has that WoW doesn't ( I'm not trying to be a WoW fanboy, as i have also quit the game. But come on, that response makes me feel like you haven't even touched the game.)
    Yes, Im on my way to having 2 Battlemasters, the PvP is light years ahead of anything WoW had ..........ever. The good thing about it is that it weeds out the bad PvPers quickly due to not getting easy mode WoWsy unbalanced PvP. The Premade Battlemaster battles are epic every time and much more enjoyable than even Warhammer was. Every class can kill the other class through skill here

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Marauder?

OP.

(Well not really, but definitely not underpowered)
    I'm a Mara and destroy, most fun class I have ever played, My consular is a little easy mode but what ranged isnt?

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    I love tor's pvp!! My wife "convinced" me to play wow with her (after 6 months for both of us away), and while we had fun and rolled people in the 60ish bracket, i got up today and played my druid healer and my shaman healer in bgs, and the vast difference in gear now makes pvp a nightmare! I was away for 6 months, pvp in wow takes no skill, if you have the best gear you can one button spam anything and win. Tor, on the other hand, i get jumped by three people, i can take at LEAST one down with me, and usually last long enough to get help. And the down time in wow (while dead) is ridiculous!
    Exactly, the PvP in this game is phenominal! You can barely pull yourself away to run up another battlemaster the questing is so much better than any other MMO out there....Datacrons etc etc
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-02-22 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    [/COLOR]Exactly, the PvP in this game is phenominal! You can barely pull yourself away to run up another battlemaster the questing is so much better than any other MMO out there....Datacrons etc etc
    Ya! I am loving Belsavis (yes i am not 50 yet, but i had to alt hop for some time to decide what i really wanted to lvl all the way. Go figure, the ONE class i thought i'd never play is my main for the foreseeable future (Op).

I'm another who likes the pvp in TOR better than I did in WoW. Probably didn't help that my main in WoW was a Hunter and the dead zone was one of the stupidest mechanics i've ever seen. But I've PVP'd on multiple classes in TOR and it's quite a lot of fun. Only class I haven't really enjoyed is when I was Gunnery on my commando, hate the over reliance on spamming grav round. Feels like an Arcane Mage and I much preferred Fire.
    Last edited by anewok; 2012-02-22 at 07:50 AM.
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    Oh for the love of.. Some people liked the game while others didnt, should each and everyone of them do as you and start a thread about theire thoughts about the game?
    Also to adress a couple of your points, comparing afking during raids in wow with afking during questing in swtor? I doubt anyone would yell at you for afking during questing in swtor either but if you raud in that game and go randomly afk people will yell. Thats people and have fuck all to do with the game.

You have 10 level 85s and found the leveling experience in swtor to be more fun the first time you are doing it then to level a 11th wow char to 85, that came as a suprise to you?
    You arent even comparing the games, you are comparing being burnt out with a game with a fresh start in one, thats not comparing games..
    No, this is not about comparing, this is about giving support to the game I misjudged. Many ppl bash ToR for its pvp aspect or bugs - im just saying I love it with all its bugs. And thanks to ToR, i dont feel like doing another job, i feel like playing a video game whenever i please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    No, this is not about comparing, this is about giving support to the game I misjudged. Many ppl bash ToR for its pvp aspect or bugs - im just saying I love it with all its bugs. And thanks to ToR, i dont feel like doing another job, i feel like playing a video game whenever i please.
    Don't worry, after lvl 50 you'll be back to good old dungeon spamming again. SWTOR changes nothing.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Well, levelling is great, best in MMOs so far
    That's highly subjective; it's a SPRPG leveling experience, but it came at a heavy cost to the MMORPG leveling experience. It has a highly personal SPRPG story line, but it completely flops on the larger MMORPG story line. I'm not saying it is unenjoyable, just that it's totally wasted; ironically, I'd be more enthused to roll alts if leveling was more MMOPRG and less SPRPG.

And thanks to ToR, i dont feel like doing another job, i feel like playing a video game whenever i please.
    Thats.... why did you accept playing a game where you felt like you were working a second job? Personally, I find daily quests to be soulsucking, second job type content. That's why I've avoided WoW since Blizzard made them a mainstay of their end-game.

Tor, on the other hand, i get jumped by three people, i can take at LEAST one down with me, and usually last long enough to get help. And the down time in wow (while dead) is ridiculous!
    I used to do this in WoW all the time; it's called having a gear advantage. Why you're saying WoW fails because you don't have a gear advantage there, but TOR is great because you have a gear advantage here, is a mystery. Alternatively, it's the terrible class balance, with a handful of ranged classes just being dominant for all the cc/dps/utility they have. No joke, some Empire guilds have gone from well balanced class compositions, to 80%+ Sorcerers.
    Last edited by Ansultares; 2012-02-22 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Jupp :/ took me around 6 Weeks.

2 50s
    all Datacrons collected
    all Professions maxed (at least once)
    PvP Rang 60
    Legacy Rang 46
    All Raidbosses killed
    All Flashpoints finished...

And no Clue what to do next >.<

Ah well, i do somehow enjoy ToR though, lets see what the next Patches bring

Meanwhile i gonna play Kingdoms of Alamur... which rocks, too !!!
    Holy crap that is a ton of stuff in a fairly short amount of time. Did you not sleep for a month? This is what causes burn out for most ppl,but there are those that like to play the hell out of a game then set it down and come back in a month or two, too each their own.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictrick View Post
    At some point, you will get max level, and you will end up doing the same thing you were doing in WoW. However, you will be doing it in a raid full of bugs and lackluster boss mechanics. You won't be able to tell a buff from a proc, and spend most the time reminiscing on WoW's features that you have become so dependent on end-game.
    In other words, you are basically saying how bad you are and how much you are carried by addons that basically play the game for you. As for the Bugs in EV and KP, there's maybe 2 that happen and those have pretty much been fixed. The only one that is currently annoying is the bugging of platforms in the SOA fight. Also, I heard WoWs boss fight mechanics were super complex...OH WAIT they also only have 2-3 mechanics to them! Lastly you should probably try clearing things on 16 man Nightmare instead of lol8man normal which you probably did before saying it's lackluster.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Holy crap that is a ton of stuff in a fairly short amount of time. Did you not sleep for a month? This is what causes burn out for most ppl,but there are those that like to play the hell out of a game then set it down and come back in a month or two, too each their own.
    Agreed, those are the people who are like "AMG not enuff content111!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    In other words, you are basically saying how bad you are and how much you are carried by addons that basically play the game for you. As for the Bugs in EV and KP, there's maybe 2 that happen and those have pretty much been fixed. The only one that is currently annoying is the bugging of platforms in the SOA fight. Also, I heard WoWs boss fight mechanics were super complex...OH WAIT they also only have 2-3 mechanics to them! Lastly you should probably try clearing things on 16 man Nightmare instead of lol8man normal which you probably did before saying it's lackluster.
    I'm not sure how wanting an addon to distinguish between a buff and a proc means you're carried by addons that play the game for you. I'm curious which addons you're referring to which can play the game for me. Powerauras?

Which WoW bosses only have 2-3 mechanics? Maybe you're thinking of early vanilla WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I have no feelings of ill will towards wow DBM and power auras played alot of the game for you. For me it's not too bad because I play with game sound on and pay attention to boss yells, emotes, and sounds of abilities so I am prepared but people who do not do this just watch dbm timers. Now dot addons and proc displays are not playing the game for you in my book but I also have no problems with dbm. The hate for addons seems to stem from the idea that only I should be able to kill raid bosses and get gear anyone else who does was carried and is inferior to me.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
    That's highly subjective; it's a SPRPG leveling experience, but it came at a heavy cost to the MMORPG leveling experience. It has a highly personal SPRPG story line, but it completely flops on the larger MMORPG story line. I'm not saying it is unenjoyable, just that it's totally wasted; ironically, I'd be more enthused to roll alts if leveling was more MMOPRG and less SPRPG.

Thats.... why did you accept playing a game where you felt like you were working a second job? Personally, I find daily quests to be soulsucking, second job type content. That's why I've avoided WoW since Blizzard made them a mainstay of their end-game.

I used to do this in WoW all the time; it's called having a gear advantage. Why you're saying WoW fails because you don't have a gear advantage there, but TOR is great because you have a gear advantage here, is a mystery. Alternatively, it's the terrible class balance, with a handful of ranged classes just being dominant for all the cc/dps/utility they have. No joke, some Empire guilds have gone from well balanced class compositions, to 80%+ Sorcerers.
    Nope! In Tor i don't have a gear advantage because there's no "pvp stat" before 50, and my Op is 41. I don't feel any class runs pvp once you get around 305+. I feel there IS balance there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope! In Tor i don't have a gear advantage because there's no "pvp stat" before 50, and my Op is 41. I don't feel any class runs pvp once you get around 305+. I feel there IS balance there.
    so you don´t do pvp when you´re 50 then? because there is a pvp stat... and it does make a huge difference
    and with lvl 41 you have a talentadvantage, probably most of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Ofc its about comparing, why else would you feel the need to even mention WoW? If you read the opening post all thats done in it is comparing, WoW against TOR, but at the same thing all you are doing is comparing starting a new game to playing one you are clearly burned out on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not turn this into another WoW vs. TOR thread please? Would hate to have to lock it down.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Jupp :/ took me around 6 Weeks.

2 50s
    all Datacrons collected
    all Professions maxed (at least once)
    PvP Rang 60
    Legacy Rang 46
    All Raidbosses killed
    All Flashpoints finished...

And no Clue what to do next >.<

Ah well, i do somehow enjoy ToR though, lets see what the next Patches bring

Meanwhile i gonna play Kingdoms of Alamur... which rocks, too !!!
    That's all nice and dandy but people seem to not realize (or so they make it sound, when they post) that level 60 valor is not the valor level cap. At 60 is where you can actually start being useful to your teams and really make a difference on the match because you get your super cool (and arguably overpowered) BM gear.

So, as a hardcore PvP'r I tell you this : Try getting your full BM set and who knows, War hero title and so on.