Thread: CD rotation

Deleted

CD rotation

Hello,

I have looted recently Starcatcher Compass and I've been testing it how its internal cd works with AR/KS. Let's say I have situation when cd from AR wears off in 10 sec and haste from trinket will pop up within 20 sec - its better to use AR asap or wait 10 more sec for trink and pop AR when haste wears off ?

Deleted
    If trinket will "pop up within 20 sec" then it will wear off 40 sec from now - it's never worth it to wait half a minute with AR. If you meant whether it's worth waiting 10 sec, well, it depends on the duration of the fight - thanks to raid mechanics, Restless Blades and varying raid DPS it's hard to project whether you'll lose out of an AR by the end of the encounter. For these reasons (I also have the Compass) I keep AR on cooldown regardless of the haste proc. The only change for me is that I try to use my 2nd pot when both align.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2012-02-21 at 03:11 PM.

Man this energy capping thing is constantly blown out of proportion. No, its not a big enough deal to delay a cd. Yes, haste is plenty good in a situation where you are already energy capping from AR. Haste does give you more energy regen, but the majority of its awesomeness is not the energy regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadparrot View Post
    Hello,

I have looted recently Starcatcher Compass and I've been testing it how its internal cd works with AR/KS. Let's say I have situation when cd from AR wears off in 10 sec and haste from trinket will pop up within 20 sec - its better to use AR asap or wait 10 more sec for trink and pop AR when haste wears off ?
    Something to think about:
    Using AR and KS more during a fight, assuming you know how to do everything else right, is what puts you above the next great rogue. 5cp evis reduces the CD on these two abilities. Having AR up is when you get the chance to take the most out of these cooldowns as possible, so popping AR on cd is shortening your next AR and KS. I'm also assuming you use AR when you get to use them on the boss for full duration.

If the boss is at 30% and AR comes off CD, you might not get the chance at another AR burn. So in this situation why not wait to stack everything with hero.
    Pls take all this into consideration with the situation you are presented with.

Feedback appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Man this energy capping thing is constantly blown out of proportion. No, its not a big enough deal to delay a cd. Yes, haste is plenty good in a situation where you are already energy capping from AR. Haste does give you more energy regen, but the majority of its awesomeness is not the energy regen.
    About 50% of haste's benefit comes from the energy regeneration. More for adrenaline rush since it's more energy regen than attack speed. Due to this there's no real reason to stack the two (nor any real reason to stagger them), unless you have a damage-increasing mechanic (ex: limb tentacle during cataclysm, hagara stun, etc). Keep AR on cd to get the most of it (it's ok to leave it up a few seconds but optimally you should pop it before your next damaging finisher after it comes off cooldown so that restless blades can benefit from that finisher).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    About 50% of haste's benefit comes from the energy regeneration. More for adrenaline rush since it's more energy regen than attack speed.
    Funny, Aldriana posted a different opinion which seemed to have been accepted on EJ... going to go with them on this one.