Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Shadow Priests aren't taken for their ridiculous CC like Mages/Rogues/Locks, they are there for the utility. The silence, disarm/stun, AOE fear, damage reduction CD, off heals, high burst (with arch/trinket/zerking), off dispels, dispel protection with VT, and the slow with mind flay make it one of the best utility classes out there. Not every class/spec needs to be the same, some are pure damage, some are for CC, some are for utility.

Self dispel - Very useful for obvious reasons, and you can glyph it so it heals you at the same time.
    Offensive dispel - Not quite as good as spellsteal but still pretty awesome.
    Mass dispel - Godlike ability, laugh at those pesky pally bubbles and mage iceblocks.
    Disarm stun - A short cc but far more useful than it first seems. Breaks the momentum of any melee who has popped major cds and gives you a chance to get out of range. Also useful when chained with silence on a caster/healer to get that kill.
    AoE fear - Not exactly spammable but still relatively short cd, great against melee cleaves or chained with other cc's.
    Silence - Speaks for itself.
    Dispersion - 90% damage reduction and returns a large amount of mana.
    Fade - Get out of any roots etc.
    Fear immunity - Speaks for itself.
    Sfiend - Powerful burst damage and returns mana.
    PW: Shield - Absorb damage, much better to than healing after the damage has already been done. Can be talented and glyphed to be even more powerful.
    PoH - 5 smart heals in one cast. Can be glyphed for more powerful initial heal.
    Multi dotting - Puts pressure on more than one target, makes things hard for enemy healers.
    Archangel - Powerful burst with mind spike + mind blast, also returns mana.
    SW: Death - Possibly the most devestating finishing move in the game.
    Self healing - Speaks for itself.

Priest are not strictly just good at only one thing like some other classes. I think this can make them a bit harder to play well since you do need to maximise ALL your tools to be competitive. However a well played spriest can be amazing in pvp.

I've been doing bgs as shadow to gear up, and the CC and controllable burst is soooo much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Meatz View Post
    I'm not the best Spriest by far, in fact im pretty terrible on this Alt. But it seems to me i'm not helped by the lack of CC we have.
    Psychic Scream is a complete waste of time, as the guy im fighting is Dotted, so the damage breaks it instantly.
    Psychic horror is the shortest 3 second CC (althought it removes weapon, it does not stop them Silencing my casts, even trying to fake cast).
    Mind control means im stuck unable to move myself or cast myself. (they may be dotted and ticking but still lacklustre)

So anyone out there help me out with a decent tip and/or trick to help control the enemy??
    um. sorry, but you have one of the best (if not THE best) cc in the game. a fearbomb that affects ALL nearby players for 8 seconds. and its on a THIRTY SECOND CD. on top of that you have psychic horror and shackle. additionally you have MIND CONTROL. oh, and i forgot about SILENCE.

priests have great CC.

i really have nothing else to say other than... is this a troll?

CC is *ok* imo, main issue is we lack any useful snare or gap maker/closer.

Mind flay isn't much cop, as while it does slow your target, it also slows you somewhat more.......

Paralysis is buggy at best.

Give me anyway to make/close gaps and i'll be quite content with fear/disarm+horror/silence/MC.

Deleted
    spriests are incredible, stop whining. watch some decent spriests play. l2play issue

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    spriests are incredible, stop whining. watch some decent spriests play. l2play issue
    Not sure if it were targetted at my original post, but i was not whining, i was simply stating my opinion and struggles of one of the many classes im playing.
    There have been some very good replies, helpful , eye openers, and they are very much appreciated and have already helped my game.
    Your post sadly is none of these, just a pointless retort, didn't your momma tell you 'If you can't say something nice, Don't say anything at all'

For those helping, it seems to be the 1v1 and in Arena 2s i struggle.
    I have 4578 Resilience, Just get picked on from the off and burst down quite quick.
    In 3s its a different story, very strong, a lot more control in the game and with peels and team work my survivability is very strong which allows me to get that tremendous burst off we have.
    Last edited by Meatz; 2012-02-25 at 11:01 PM.