2 on use trinkets

So is this new or has this always been like this? I have the cataclysmic on use agi trinket and the ruthless one, but I can't use both at the same time? (1 goes on a 20second cooldown when I use the other?) so I get the on hit agi one and the on use agi one instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephilia View Post
    So is this new or has this always been like this? I have the cataclysmic on use agi trinket and the ruthless one, but I can't use both at the same time? (1 goes on a 20second cooldown when I use the other?) so I get the on hit agi one and the on use agi one instead?
    Always been like this. I'd use x2 use trinkets on my DK for example if I was playing Frost, use one every 2 minutes for sick damage with Pillar of Frost. Same with other classes.

Been that way for years.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

Deleted
    I thank the blizz gods for this. Think about human pvpers with 2 heroic on use trinkets and heroic weapons.
    Pvp-balance is struggling enough as it is without things like that. They should follow the NAO Invitationals and ban pve-gear from arenas.
    There really isnt any good argument for why pve-gear should be usable in pvp.

Okay guess I never noticed then lol. But I guess having 2 of em is still good since shadowdance is on a 1min cd so you have a trinket for every dance?

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    I thank the blizz gods for this. Think about human pvpers with 2 heroic on use trinkets and heroic weapons.
    Pvp-balance is struggling enough as it is without things like that. They should follow the NAO Invitationals and ban pve-gear from arenas.
    I wasn't talking about a pve trinket

Deleted
    I wasn't talking about a pve trinket
    No you didnt. But that function limits people from using 2x on use trinkets at once. pvp or pve. and thats a good thing!

Deleted
    "all" on use trinkets triger a cooldown on the other trinket ( i belive the engineer glove on use also triker trinks cd, not sure though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    "all" on use trinkets triger a cooldown on the other trinket ( i belive the engineer glove on use also triker trinks cd, not sure though)
    It does. I learned this the painful way after powerleveling my engineering to max There is still some nice perks with it but for people wanting to min/max i guess its not worth taking :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Yes it does, but just a 10sec CD.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are some TBC on-use trinkets that can be used at same time. Obviously not relevant for today's game though.
    Last edited by Beace; 2012-02-21 at 04:41 PM.

No you didnt. But that function limits people from using 2x on use trinkets at once. pvp or pve. and thats a good thing!
    i disagree, wtb doubletrinketsappompyro back <3

They gave the trinkets a cooldown back in the day when mages were 1 shotting people by using 2x on use trinkets at the sametime. :3

Molten Core times.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear should be removed from the game entirely. Just have a 50% damage and healing reduction debuff on everyone who sets foot in an arena. That way arena would be balanced and a lot more fair.

The cooldown triggerd will be for as long as the buff lasts

So, use something that has a 10 sec duration, your other trink will have a CD of 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay guess I never noticed then lol. But I guess having 2 of em is still good since shadowdance is on a 1min cd so you have a trinket for every dance?
    In PvE you usually want to stack all the burst together, for example when you have extra haste or crit so that the AGI/INT/STR you get is worth more... Having 2 seperate trinkets, means you will only be able to stack a trinket with an average of half the non-trinket cooldowns, and you miss the potential passive bonus from the other trinket, or you could track the internal cooldown of a random proc trinket so you can line it up for more burst.

But in PvP, if you want to be able to do some more constant pressure, I guess it could work by just using them one at a time. More overall pressure instead of one big burst I guess.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    PvP gear should be removed from the game entirely. Just have a 50% damage and healing reduction debuff on everyone who sets foot in an arena. That way arena would be balanced and a lot more fair.
    Its not the gear that is making pvp unbalanced. Its not having dual functions on all spells/abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use two on use trinkets if they are not both output trinkets. I can use Jaws of Defeat and Bottled Wishes at the same time since one reduces mana cost of spells and one increases SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

And vise versa pvp ppl have no place in LFD or LFR

On topic the 2 trinket pop was removed in late vanilla or early tbc.

it's good if you have short cds like shadow dance where you will always have one up