Need help finding a new game to play

So I have played WoW for the longest time ever, still do occasionally... I have SW:TOR, already kind of out of it... I think current MMOs are just getting boring to me... I am looking for a game that has long term development, stuff to build up with, something to do to make me feel like when I play it, I am progressing someone or something in the game, and over time, it just keeps growing better and better. Think of my style being around Minecraft, but I want something a lot more mmo type feeling that actually has official servers and keeps you interested.

I have a 360, but tired of playing FPS's as well, along with several other type of genres...

I am just basically posting to see what anybody can suggest for me to try, that has a good population to it, and may keep my interest up for awhile... It can be so hard for me to explain lol - and I am not really too big of a fan for single player games, since it feels to me I am not progressing to show my progress to anybody else, and its only for me to see... so that wipes Skyrim out of the list for me as well (as Ive already played that also)

Thanks to anybody that can assist me - I am just wanting to be able to come home at night to sit down and play something with my wife, as my days are usually always busy.

Deleted
    Have you tried Rift? The population is quite nice there, you even get a fee shard (server) transfer each week in case you get bored of your current server. Gearing can take while and the raid mechanis are quite interesting. The best gear is artifact which goes after purple, only certain bosses drop these and when they do they only drop one artifact item at a time. The pvp gear is much easier to get now sadly , you used to have to rank up to rankk 8 to get the best gear but now there's only 1-40 ranks, much easier to level the the gear doesn't have a rank requirement however the weapons do; also to buy a high rank gear you need the previous tier and even then they cost A LOT of favor(pvp currency).

There's always zone events happening and at bare minimum like 5 or 6 each day! In these the player close rifts, defend a quest hub and/or defeat invasions to then get the big boss appear and then get the big boss which is basically a raid boss without loads of mechanics. The world pvp in pvp realms is awesome and whenever there is zone events on Ember Isle (the latest zone specifically designed to level 50's(the cap)) the 2 factions will always fight one another and the winner is always which faction has more players on their side at the time of the fight, im a defiant and the bloody guardians always try to kill me so i cant get a good contribution score towards the boss

Exploring in rift is awesome too! There's a puzzle in every zone and you get a reward with some gold and platinum. About half of the puzzles I would actually consider puzzles but the others are just slightly annoying.

Another thing is the artifacts that are all around Telara (the world), there appear as just really shiny small orbs that can by a tree, under a table, in a flower pot, on a roof, in a nest, off of a cliff, you name it, there's artifacts EVERYWHERE! I don't know what the total amount is but i do know that there are 323 known collections of artifacts and all collections have at least 2 or 3 but most have 4 or 5 or 6 so the total amount is massive and getting them all is really ardous!

Anyway, im getting bored of typing this sorry :/

I REALLY recommend Rift thought if you havent tried it!

Also, patches come out really quickly! The hotfix patches can come out extremely quick too, less than a day after 1.7 released they release a hotfix and have done 3 more since, btw 1.7 patch is less than a month and a half old!

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 05:26 PM ----------

I forgot to mention, dont confuse artifact gear with world artifacts that you collect. The artifact gear is awesome looknig and for stats. The world artifacts are just random collections and some of them contain lore or tell a story. Also good way to make money too with world artifacts and they dont BOP

I have tried Rift when it first came out... might consider trying it again since its free till level 20 from what I hear... but really looking into getting into some other type of mmo - Dead Island was amazing, but after you finished it, there really wasnt much else to do - something like that is what I really have in mind. Thanks for the explanation though, read some things I didn't know about Rift.

You sound JUST like me: burned out on WoW, burned out on SWTOR, nothing else to play...

But I had had my eye on this game for a while:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/what-is-tera

Basically, take the God of War style of combat (or any 3rd person action game) and place it in an MMO setting and that's the crux of Tera. There is NO targeting system: it's all aim-based, even for healing.

Heavy classes can block damage via careful timing with the block button. Medium classes can dodge out of the way. Ranged classes aim their attacks like they would in a FPS, and you can faceroll people in better gear because you have more skill at your class (it helps to know their class and the tells for what attacks they're using).

There are no RNGs for determining whether or not someone got hit: you either aimed and timed your attack correctly or you missed.

Here's a video of my fiancee and two of our guildies taking down the boss of the first dungeon in the game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OjPYfMGvXU

As a healer, my job includes:
    -using AoE healing circles and lock-on heals to keep my group up.
    -using my ranged attacks between heals to keep up DPS.
    -don't get my ass stomped by the boss.
    -wait for the moment when the boss is not attacking to duck in, fire off my AoE attacks in a huge combo and then leap out to safety.

...and that's what I do as a HEALER.

There's another closed beta coming up this weekend (for the US). You can get into it by putting $5 at Gamestop or preordering the game from their online store which would be $50, but you can CANCEL your preorder in both cases for a full refund before the game launches if you decide you don't like it.

I can't stress enough how much fun this game is. When I was a kid, I used to have that giddy feeling of happiness when I played a game I loved. I'm 31 now and I hadn't had that feeling in years and had dismissed it as being gone forever. Tera actually gives me that feeling again. It's like the game can take me back to how much I loved video games as a kid.
    Last edited by Destian; 2012-02-21 at 06:15 PM.

I've been looking for a new game after WoW for quite some time too.
    Tried a bit of everything.
    Played Bloodline Champions with intervals for over a year now, but low population and the currency killed it for me.
    Then I went back to an old Neverwinter Nights server, but couldn't keep up with it.
    Played TF2 after that, and I got bored in the first hour. Hey now, don't look at me that way. I started playing FPS games, from Doom1, Quake2&3, Quake Live and Counter Strike.
    And now it's been a while for a game that I really liked.
    I also tried Rift, DDO and a bunch of other MMOs. None of them really caught my attention.

BUT, I'm currently downloading Global Agenda and seems quite interesting and fun. I'll play that while I wait for Firefall I guess. At least Global Agenda is f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhex View Post
    I think current MMOs are just getting boring /snip
    What about an Action RPG? such as Diablo III when its released. Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn and Path of Exile are also in development too.

I would suggest trying some Battlefield 3 since you stated that MMO's are getting boring. Battlefield 3 is an excellent quality game for PC only. Console FPS can burn in a fire

If you have a console, why not move onto some games you may have laying around. I am currently playing Uncharted 3 to switch things up a bit. Quit WoW months and months ago, but eagerly awaiting Guild Wars 2.

**EDIT** After deciding to read your post I realized that all of my recommendations are not in your interest. If you are wanting to play with your wife then maybe some dance games? Hell, drop the PC games and get low with some naked Twister or Chutes and Ladders (strip edition). Go Fish? Old Maid??
    Last edited by Rotund; 2012-02-21 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hempstar View Post
    What about an Action RPG? such as Diablo III when its released. Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn and Path of Exile are also in development too.
    That's a good suggestion too!
    I'm kind of waiting for D3, but all my hype is really gone.

I've been addicted to Star Trek Online ever since it went F2P.

Foundry missions (user made missions) are a great idea. The space combat is fun. Ground combat is love it or hate it. I think it's ok, others hate it. It's been updated recently from what I hear, and maybe some people haven't tried it with the new system.

It's simple. There isn't a lot of official content. But, its free, and user made missions can keep you occupied for some time. If you wanted something more from the space combat in SWTOR then it is certainly worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com