Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    nope that one:

aliens bam

lol
    Why would aliens carve rock using neolithic tools? You know, the tools found at the site.

This means the aliens the aliens are either:
    a) technologically advanced and yet stupid (maybe they were home-schooled?)

b) not there

I just think it's funny that I'm watching the History Channel right now and it's explaining how the Pyramids and other Egyptian engineering feats were accomplished while they have shows like Ancient Aliens on the very same channel.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    I just think it's funny that I'm watching the History Channel right now and it's explaining how the Pyramids and other Egyptian engineering feats were accomplished while they have shows like Ancient Aliens on the very same channel.
    The History Channel is dumbing itself down for the Fox Network crowd in order to get better ratings.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    One possibility I like, that no one has considered, is maybe the Professor *knows* it is random bullshit, but just loves the idea of the fame and notoriety he garners from the crazy shit he spouts (along with the money, TV deals etc) so continues knowing full well its garbage as there are people who will lap that stuff up regardless of how stupid it is?
    It's likely he knows that. It's just a con to make money, but rationalized as ok under the guise of "entertainment".

Of course, there ARE plenty of gullible nutcases out there. Ever listen to people who call in to radio shows like Coast-to-Coast AM? People can--and do--believe almost anything.

The History Channel is dumbing itself down for the Fox Network crowd in order to get better ratings.
    For sure. Reality shows like Swamp People, IRT, stuff like that. I actually do like Pawn Stars with all the pieces of Americana brought in (and seeing the hard cash and monetary value is actually pretty enjoyable for some reason). I wish the History Channel would just stick to its guns and actually focus on, you, things that are actually historical.

Where ever this thread goes.. Ancient Aliens show on History is trying to explain the unexplainable.
    When discovering/researching something, you have to consider all the options and either prove or disprove them to get the answer.
    There is oddities in our history.. and one of our best bets was the Mayan's documentation that was burned by the Spaniards and all that essential destructive evil they caused destroying one of the best ties to history. In my opinion, one of the greatest and most selfish mistake in history.
    Regardless of opinions, facts, fiction; there is some things that are hidden, open, or kept secret on purpose.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safalatka View Post
    Is it possible that everything we discovered, achieved was given to us by aliens? What about gods and myhts? Is it possible that they were real?
    gonna stop you right there.

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    They moved the history stuff over to H2(History Channel 2). Plus the Military Channel now airs a lot of the history documentaries that the History Channel used to. I miss those days.
    I don't have those channels =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    One possibility I like, that no one has considered, is maybe the Professor *knows* it is random bullshit, but just loves the idea of the fame and notoriety he garners from the crazy shit he spouts (along with the money, TV deals etc) so continues knowing full well its garbage as there are people who will lap that stuff up regardless of how stupid it is?
    This is quite likely the truth. New Age subjects are positively lousy with charlatans and "experts" who are only in it to fleece the gullible. An argument could be made that those charlatans are the basis of most New Age subjects.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    This History Channel (and the Discovery Channel to some extent) has gone from one of my favorite television stations to one that I cannot stand. They used to have great educational content that was also interesting to watch. Now the bulk of it is reality T.V. bullshit and conspiracy theories.

And yeah, I hate the fact that they moved all of their worthwhile content to their secondary channels.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-02-23 at 08:42 PM.

For sure. Reality shows like Swamp People, IRT, stuff like that. I actually do like Pawn Stars with all the pieces of Americana brought in (and seeing the hard cash and monetary value is actually pretty enjoyable for some reason). I wish the History Channel would just stick to its guns and actually focus on, you, things that are actually historical.
    Pawn Stars is a very good show in the way that Mythbusters is a very good show. Both introduce their audiences to something they may not normally be interested in--science and history--but in a way that is more accessible and entertaining. Pawn Stars is full of bits of history.

Saw that video now, I certainly had a good laugh at the spacecrafts destroying the city

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    This History Channel (and the Discovery Channel to some extent) has gone from one of my favorite television stations to one that I cannot stand. They used to have great educational content that was also interesting to watch. Now the bulk of it is reality T.V. bullshit and conspiracy theories.

And yeah, I hate the fact that they moved all of their worthwhile content to their secondary channels.
    It is a shame that a channel with that name could sink to that level, and I really can't understand how that charlatan is allowed to make money that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Why would aliens carve rock using neolithic tools? You know, the tools found at the site.

This means the aliens the aliens are either:
    a) technologically advanced and yet stupid (maybe they were home-schooled?)

b) not there
    thought the "lol" was obvious enough, guess i was wrong

now for you, that was sarcasm

no i don´t and still don´t and never thought, aliens built those cities, i just answered to some questions, should stop that i guess, go on now

as we all obviously know our history, even if we still find new evidence of new cultures never known about ... but as we all know what happened, they just didn´t exist, for sure! the books say nothing about them, so they can´t be there...dang
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post

NO.

OMG that's fantastic

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    thought the "lol" was obvious enough, guess i was wrong

now for you, that was sarcasm

no i don´t and still don´t and never thought, aliens built those cities, i just answered to some questions, should stop that i guess, go on now

as we all obviously know our history, even if we still find new evidence of new cultures never known about ... but as we all know what happened, they just didn´t exist, for sure! the books say nothing about them, so they can´t be there...dang
    Hint: never assume that your sarcasm will ever be interpreted successfully in writing. In this case, "lol" may not only be an indication of sarcasm, but an indication of ridicule because you're laughing at the other person. Sarcasm is much better expressed through properties of the voice and body language.
    Last edited by ptwonline; 2012-02-23 at 08:58 PM.

Re

Funny how people thinks that they know everything But simple questions got no answer , im From Tunisia , but im not muslim or anything

For exemple in our religion they say : God know's The future and what WILL happen .

Simple question so why he created US if he knows what we will do and why judging something that we cannot change ?

So Religion for me = BROKEN

Then , All the existence Why it does exist ? what is main source of existence ? and Specially Why there is ... EVERYTHING ? why we are here? A goal?

Sick avatar/Signature by Ammeg

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people love to just try to deny that our ancestors are capable of achieving any feats on their own merits. There are plenty of recordings and shadows of the past that show us that there existed such things that to this day we still do not know how to accomplish. Greek fire from the Byzantine Empire, truly flexible glass from the Roman Empire. Hell people even forget how long it took for us to recreate cement, which the Roman Empire had already gotten down. Feats of our ancestor's? Nope. Must be aliens behind teaching us everything we know today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    I'm not missing the point.

I'm also not saying that they definitely did or did not visit the earth. If I had made a statement EITHER WAY then the burden of proof would be on me.

My point is that there are about 500 posts in this thread saying aliens DEFINITELY did not. Making that statement carries the burden of providing proof, and your invalid argument (among all the others) is not acceptable proof.
    Did a ninja sneak into your house last night while you were asleep? Is there an invisible gnome standing right behind you RIGHT NOW?
    There COULD BE! But it'd be bloody stupid of me to suggest that with no evidence.

Simpler example. You wake up in the morning to get ready to go for work, you can't find your keys.
    Explanation A - a ninja snuck into your house and moved the keys, leaving no evidence.
    Explanation B - you left them somewhere odd and can't remember.

I'm just saying that anyone who jumps to conclusion A without doing a REALLY good search of their house, is being stupid. Likewise, we'd need to be REALLY sure that ancient humans couldn't have built X or developed Y before we bring in aliens.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post

NO.
    I'm gonna stop YOU right there to say that Neil deGrasse Tyson is unbelievably awesome.
    He's a brilliant speaker and I wish he was on TV more over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, I studied Archaelogical Science (BSc) many moons ago (well, 10 years ago or so).

The endless (and fruitless) debates we had about the origins of... us and our civilisations.

Please go out and hunt a copy of 'Prehistory of the Mind' by Steven Mithen - I subscribe to most of what he details in said text.

One scenario sticks in my mind, that the ancient Egyptians/Phoenicans travelled to the Americas - I do believe some awesome ethnographer recreated the voyage in a period boat!

Not as epic, but a major export of Britain to ancient Greece were our awesome, intelligent hunting dogs (also copper)!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Did a ninja sneak into your house last night while you were asleep? Is there an invisible gnome standing right behind you RIGHT NOW?
    There COULD BE! But it'd be bloody stupid of me to suggest that with no evidence.

Simpler example. You wake up in the morning to get ready to go for work, you can't find your keys.
    Explanation A - a ninja snuck into your house and moved the keys, leaving no evidence.
    Explanation B - you left them somewhere odd and can't remember.

I'm just saying that anyone who jumps to conclusion A without doing a REALLY good search of their house, is being stupid. Likewise, we'd need to be REALLY sure that ancient humans couldn't have built X or developed Y before we bring in aliens.
    I understand what you're saying, even through the silly condescension.

I'm trying to frame this using the rules of logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's possible, but if they did they must not have had a clue of what they were doing >_>

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    I understand what you're saying, even through the silly condescension.

I'm trying to frame this using the rules of logic.
    I think I already posted it, but it doesn't hurt to repeat: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot
    The analogy in this case is also silly, because that's the best way to underline the fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.