Character Stories

So with the press beta finishing this weekend and the flood of information coming, I thought it would be a worthwhile addition to the forum to throw out character stories. I'm not a big RP guy myself, but I do enjoy having a small backstory for my character. Anyways, since your ideas have started to flesh out and you've started to choose your race and class, I figure stories have a place now. I'll start:

"To say Harlekin Filx is a little quirky would be a gross understatement of his absolutely nonsensical nature. Filx, as most people call him, could best be described as a brilliant cross between some demented murderer and a man from an asylum. He's simply not all there. This is not without cause, however. His lingeage is...interesting to say the least.

Most citizens of Kryta believe Mad King Thorn to be nothing more than an entity - a ghost trapped within the spirit realm, harmless. This was true, until recently. Filx's mother and father were nobles within the court of Divinity's Reach. Wealthy and prestigious, they had control over much of the inner workings of the court. Innumerable servants, and innumerable enemies. Filx's father was assassinated prior to his birth, and so his mother was left alone. Her loneliness eventually descended into depression and insanity, driving away her friends and separating her from the rest of the nobility. The Mad King decided his moment was now, and with his essence impregnated Filx's mother. When Hallow's End came around, he appeared to her, already 4 months pregnant. He imparted upon her the knowledge which she sought for, the father of her child. It was him, the Mad King. The one who all of Kryta hated for the famines he had caused. She gave birth 5 months later in private, her reputation ruined if anyone found out. She then promptly abandoned Harlekin, refusing to have anything to do with the child of Mad King Thorn.

Harlekin was raised in the streets. He quickly became an adept thief, and was quickly named the "Prince of Thieves" within Divinity's Reach. Given his family, the irony was lost on him, but the title stuck. His friends are sparse as his sarcastic and biting nature, combined with his borderline insane personality, makes him a hard person to get along with. But he made a name for himself, and today he's got a large amount of notoriety. He's 17, quick-witted, handsome, and an accomplished pickpocket. However, he yearns to make a name for himself outside of Divinity's Reach. He hungers for fame, fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. His name is Harlekin Filx.
    This is his story."

Anyway! That's mine. I hope you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feel bad about the lack of replies, we've had a few of these kinda threads in recent months, and I think everyone is burnt out on them

He quickly became an adept thief, and was quickly named the "Prince of Thieves" within Divinity's Reach.
    He's not a very adept thief if everyone knows that he's a thief.