Deleted

12.5% 0.8m less characters on mmo-champion survey.

Anyone noticed that the sample of new mmo-champion stats is only 5,6 million characters as of today. When mmo-champion was doing last time those stats they stated that they had used 6,4 million character sample. Where have those 0.8 million chars gone?

I am pretty sure mmo-champion samples are as big as they can get from wow armory.

It does mean 12.5% of those characters that used to be in the armory at the end of 2011 are not available anymore. It is 0.8 million less of US and EU chars.
    And you have to remember characters don't go inactive immediately. They do stay available on armory for a while. And if subscriber did come back anytime those characters would be back in armory. So this does reflect q4 2011 or earlier q3 results most likely.

I do remember ATVI Blizzard reporting wow had lost only 100.000 subs during q4 2011. This would mean other regions gained 900.000 subs. This can be indication of Blizzard buying cheap Chinese prepaid wow play time cards themselves to keep sub numbers up. There is nothing illegal for company to buy its own products afterall. This could be clear evidence that it actually did happen in q4 2011.

Näpsä-Sporeggar

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So MMO-C using 800k less samples is proof that Blizzard is commiting fraude in the subscription-numbers?
    I don't even know where to start, maybe I should start with taking some aluminium to cover my head in -_-'
    Haha, this reply made me glad I read this thread.

On topic, though, I don't even know where to start either.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

This can be indication of Blizzard buying cheap Chinese prepaid wow play time cards themselves to keep sub numbers up
    This is literally one of the most absurd tinfoil hat theories I have ever seen on here, also the funniest.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

Legitimate question, but I'm not so sure about the reasoning. Either way, why did they reduce their sample size?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    Legitimate question, but I'm not so sure about the reasoning. Either way, why did they reduce their sample size?
    Could be many reasons. All the polls before were about stuff that any character could obtainm e.g. pets/mounts and so on. This time around they were looking for characters who had at least done some Dragon Soul (as they need a base figure to take percentages from), which could mean that they only found 5.6 million characters with at least a morchok normal kill, or whatever they were using for their base.

Deleted
    Maybe LFR means less people want to raid normal/heroic modes. If you're talking about stats from Firelands.
    I don't think that it means that you've just discovered a huge coverup of sub losses and Blizzard henchmen will be round your house shortly to silence you.
    Last edited by mmoc32be687144; 2012-02-22 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to keep in mind this is the same poster who once said this:

SWTOR has most active players than any other subscription based mmorpg in the US and EU region.

The numbers are from latest http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php 127293+139142=266435
    Data is collected using the latest version of the CensusPlus UI Mod. = means mod is collecting data. and data from using only latest version is used.
    So take it for what it's worth, which is basically nothing minus a lot of something. People complain if you look up their post history but it's a good way to verify whether or not someone is talking out of their hat (or somewhere much lower and to the back a little).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You have to keep in mind this is the same poster who once said this:

So take it for what it's worth, which is basically nothing minus a lot of something.
    Thank you. The laughter is now bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an issue with the way the data samples are collected, please take it up with the admins.