Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

My biggest concern for GW2

I can't wait for this game! With Beta being announced it gets me really excited, BUT there's one major issue for me. This game is being published by NC Soft right? Will they have anything to do with log-in/account management? Because their customer service is GOD-AWFUL! THEE WORST! I do not want to deal with them ever again!

I would actually disagree, my experience with them has been fantastic. I had managed to somehow lose my cdkey for GW which is unlike me to do so. Anyways I had a few conversations with them and I provided a bit of info. I got my character name from them within 2 days even though I didn't have all of the required info and was able to login. I had stopped playing before they implemented the character name requirement for logging into GW, so I didn't remember my name as it wasn't the usual name I use.

To answer your question though, it's likely they'll be handling it, though no one can say for sure at this point. Even if they are though, NCSoft recognizes that their company is riding on the success of GW2 in NA/EU, they know they can't afford to screw this up. When you're publishing the biggest MMO release of the year and one of the biggest games of the year, you have no room to screw anything up.

>2012
    >customer service

This isn't 4chan, please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-23 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had any issues with NCsoft customer service personally. Your mileage may vary.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

As long as Its not a 1 hour + wait time to talk to someone on the phone like Blizz, I'm fine with it.

It can't get much worse than SWTORs customer service. CS reps are out sourced to India and GMs are bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    As long as Its not a 1 hour + wait time to talk to someone on the phone like Blizz, I'm fine with it.
    Blizzard actually has surprisingly good customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Blizzard actually has surprisingly good customer support.
    Blizzard has some of the best costumer support I've ever known. I can't see why people would complain about them.

If it's anything like aion-support, yeah, then I have concerns as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don’t see it as a big issue whether the customer support is slow or not. In my 6 year old WoW-career I think I only had something to do with the Blizz team max 2 or 3 times. And if that turns out to be the case with GW2 as well, I think I’ll manage. I mean; it’s not a make or break thing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCsoft is easily has the worst customer service I have ever experienced, not to mention they are notorious for crappy security. Don't do anything stupid and there are good chances you will never have to worry about contacting customer support or deal with security issues.

Would you actually be dealing with NCsoft though? Wouldn't it be Arenanet that would be handling everything, and NCsoft is just kind of there...like a sponsor?

It just seems like it would cause nothing but a mess if the company that developed the game wasn't actually running the CS. I don't really know how these things work though.

With Blizz when you call the CS do you deal with Blizz or Activision?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Would you actually be dealing with NCsoft though? Wouldn't it be Arenanet that would be handling everything, and NCsoft is just kind of there...like a sponsor?

It just seems like it would cause nothing but a mess if the company that developed the game wasn't actually running the CS. I don't really know how these things work though.

With Blizz when you call the CS do you deal with Blizz or Activision?
    I get Starcraft 2 music while on hold. So I think it'd be Blizz =P

10+ Year Old Account
    During my time in the Navy, one of my ship’s captains told me that our “congratulations” are typically silence; people only want to say anything if it’s bad. To that extent, with the polish there appears to be on Guild Wars 2 (though, I hope they ensure a strong optimization pass happens), the customer service of NCSoft could be absolutely dreadful and it won’t matter to the vast majority of the playerbase.

Not one iota.

That said, I agree with one of the posters above; this is too big a launch for anyone at Arenanet or NCSoft to be playing “fast and loose” with. The reason I’m trying to divert this concern is purely because a person’s view of customer service is almost wholly subjective.

Blizzard, for example, were EXTREMELY fast when my account got hacked last year. I was at work, it was originally reported by my guild mates, and everything was pretty much sorted when I got home. Other than an annoyingly full mailbox, my actual time online wasn’t impacted at all. Despite all that, I’ve had some pretty significant problems with in-game GM’s who either just don’t get my issue, or don’t care enough to actually solve it.

I think Stephen Reid (BioWare) is excellent, and his commentary is very “customer” focused the majority of the time. Again, though, in-game problems abound. I put in FOUR tickets to get the Tatooine bonus quest series out of my log because it was bugged and I couldn’t continue it. The bots told me the same thing three times, despite being told their solution wasn’t applicable.

As stated above, your mileage may vary. I don’t think it’s going to be a problem for Guild Wars 2.

I think the customer's care will be different than what we're used to, I'm not very fond of NCSoft either, but I don't see them being that big of a part of GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Blizzard has some of the best costumer support I've ever known. I can't see why people would complain about them.
    Agreed. When my account got hacked before I quit they resolved it all in about 3 hours.
    Very impressive tbh.
    Ofc, I gave everything away (150k and 6 guild bank tabs of nice stuff) about week later. But that's besides the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Agreed. When my account got hacked before I quit they resolved it all in about 3 hours.
    Very impressive tbh.
    Ofc, I gave everything away (150k and 6 guild bank tabs of nice stuff) about week later. But that's besides the point.
    Mine was resolved within 15 minutes of Blizzard sending me the email saying my account had been locked due to suspicious activity.

They are on that shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play GW1 for 5 years now. I've had several issues that made me contact support and I did not have one single problem EVER. Every issue got fixed, friendly and quick responses etc. One of the best customer services I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It can't get much worse than SWTORs customer service. CS reps are out sourced to India and GMs are bots.
    This this this this this!!! One of my pet peeves is talking to someone on the other side of the world who can't even speak english when it comes to something that you need help with. I've already experienced it with comcast, my credit card company, cell phone company, and ToR.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Mine was resolved within 15 minutes of Blizzard sending me the email saying my account had been locked due to suspicious activity.

They are on that shit like that.
    Mine had been royally shafted. They hacked my email address, changed it and set about stripping everything from my account and server hopped 2 characters. And I had shed loads of stuff. Bet they made a fortune off of it.
    It was like 9pm as well...and I'm in China (i.e. god damn suspicious to start with) so very impressed how quick they got it all done.
    Sorry for offtopic messers mods...

- And I saw a thread in the ToR forum with screens of the customer service ppl. They are clueless. They barely understand the game and offer hardly any solution. Worst service I've ever heard of.