[Solved] Screen color change/edge flash (Benedictus/morchok crystals)

Hey all,

Does anyone know what option in video/interface it is which turns on and off the colouring which sometimes appears around the edge of the game?

Example is during Benedictus in HOT, a purple tunnel vision effect I've seen in some videos, and on Morchok when you are in range of the crystal it does it too, some reason i can't see these and have never seen them.

'Screen edge flash' doesn't do anything so i don't think its that.

Cheers.

DBM, BigWigs and Omen have that feature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    DBM, BigWigs and Omen have that feature as well.

Don't use Omen, I looked at BigWigs and DBM options but all they have are flashes or shakes, no weird colour haze effect like on Benedictus/Morchok.

That's there so you don't ignore mechanics. If you stand near the orb your screen won't be hazy.

Okay I don't think I maybe made it clear enough what it was.

Watch a video of Morchok, and when someone is linked they get a yellow haze/zoomed in thing around their screen to show they are 'yellow' with the crystal. Likewise, on Archbishop Benedictus, when he enters his shadow phase, you get a weird purple haze effect on screen. I'm not sure what thing you could avoid when he enters an entire phase?

The point is I don't SEE these effects, and I'm wondering how I enable them.

Thanks.

I believe you mean the internal WoW mechanics that notice you something bad. Like when you enter Emerald Dream during WotLK quest to save one Crusader. When you enter Emerald Dream your vision is altered and get green hue.

What you bring with Benedictus and Morchok shares similar effect. It's a way of a game to tell you something is happening and you should pay attention. In Benedictus' case it's his Shadow spells and while on Morchok it's crystal close proximity that would end with damage if not moved out of range.

Omen/DMB don't do tha (or I'm terribly wrong). Sure, Omen have an option to notify aggro breaking (screen flash/shake and play sound). But it triggers only when you are about to overaggro. It doesn't work with boss AoE.

And i don't think you can turn it off as it's Blizzard's mechanic that notify you something important.

--edit--
    Ok, I just re read your last post. And finally got its meaning. It's quite early for me and my brain isn't working at full capacity. If you DON'T see those effects it may indicate addon like DBM (but I doubt that everyone who makes vids uses THAT one particular and only addon). So it's rather Interface option. I can't check it right now but I found that some options are hidden in the least obvious places in the Interface menu. Search through all options and see if you can find something that look fitting. All I can think right now.
    Last edited by RadmaKanow; 2012-02-22 at 07:50 AM.

Yes exactly, when you click on Dream on madness too it is meant to do it, but, nothing happens on mine. Just doesn't seem to work. A friend of mine has their settings on everything low, and she sees them, yet mine are on High and I can't.

The effect doesn't comes up during Dream. Only time I notice it is on Morchok crystals or if a Shaman Hexes me. I'm not sure what part of WoW it is, maybe Full Screen Glow if they still have that setting.

It's definitely not an addon though, it's part of the game for certain spells.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I've seen vids where it happened with dream, but yeah happens with Hex...but not for me =D

Doesn't happen with anything. Maybe LUI disables it? If it IS full screen glow, not sure if it is, they removed the checkbox for that back in 4.0.1 I think, but there IS a cmd for it, might toggle it and see what happens =D

Deleted
    Is your 'Projected Textures' option turned on in your advanced video options?

FIXED!

It was full screen glow I had to look up the console cmd as they removed the interface box for it, but it worked. TY all for the help.