So, I am a really big fan of the world of films, having watched more than 30 fresh-rated films from 2011 and having generally watched a LOT of films through my life and especially the recent years.
I have made my own Rating Page on my computer where I have written down all films I remember seeing through my life, inclusive a 0-10 Rating for each. This has led to me only giving 8 films 10/10, 8 films which I think are some of the “Great Films” in the world of films.
Of course there are lots of “Great Films” every year, and have been since the birth of the art of filmmaking, but I wanted to make this thread to get a closer look at which films other people are the Greatest they have watched.
(Note: I haven’t watched many films from before the 90’s, but have mostly watched films from year 2000 until now)
So the Eight films I have rated 10/10 are:
• Titanic (obligatory, some might say, but I really thought Titanic was a shivering masterpiece in every way)
• Rain Man (the rich characters and the immerse story are at an extra sharply rate in this extraordinary film)
• A Beautiful Mind (this film bugged me throughout the whole film and until now, with one of the best plots I have knowledged)
• Forrest Gump (the fictioned story of an autistic man who participates and achieves a ridiculous amount of achievements in his life, the most magical film I have seen)
• Slumdog Millionaire (with a boomblastic plot that throws you around, this dramatic masterpiece also tells a lot of the real slums in India)
• The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (this film was a journey into something utterly unpredictable all the way through, told through the life of a man who elders backwards)
• The Help (for me, the best picture of 2011, this was a heartbreaking experience and at the same time, one of the most heartwarming)
Now for you
Tell us about the best films you have seen, and why (this is optional ). I am looking forward to some insights from you Champions!