felguard not using legion strike on some bosses

so just been watching my pet and for some reason he doesnt use legion strike on some bosses like Hagara or the first 2 of LFR (he did seem to use legion strike on the 3rd boss but not 100% of the time it was up i beleive)

any ideas? and yes its on autocast

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I've noticed this sometimes, but maybe with the felhunter. iirc, I just clicked it to make him cast it, and he went on auto casting it as he should have.

Make sure he's actually set to attack as well, and not just standing next to the boss with you.

More importantly,...why do you have the felguard out after the first 7-8s of the fights? Once he charges in, you pop his felstorm and your DS:Felguard, then the moment the felstorm ends you switch to the felhunter, meaning he'll using legion strike maybe twice. If you're using MWC, and hardcast summoning him, it's pretty much the same thing, pop felstorm/DS, felstorm ends and summon the felhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    I feel like I've noticed this sometimes, but maybe with the felhunter. iirc, I just clicked it to make him cast it, and he went on auto casting it as he should have.

Make sure he's actually set to attack as well, and not just standing next to the boss with you.

More importantly,...why do you have the felguard out after the first 7-8s of the fights? Once he charges in, you pop his felstorm and your DS:Felguard, then the moment the felstorm ends you switch to the felhunter, meaning he'll using legion strike maybe twice. If you're using MWC, and hardcast summoning him, it's pretty much the same thing, pop felstorm/DS, felstorm ends and summon the felhunter.
    lol yea i made sure he was attacking
    i could also click it to cast it myself and it would indeed use the ability successfully

i know about the dps loss but its lfr so i really dont care. also, isnt it the succubus for demo instead of the felhunter?

i was trying to get some gear to be able to solo some old stuff where you actually need to have the felguard up, hopefully this behavior doesnt repeat there

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, lfr lol. I getcha.

Nope, felhunter. The succy was the pet for like....some of 4.0 iirc.

Deleted
    On spine I have my Felguard out the whole fight and only when he switches targets does he use his Legion Strike. Simply bashing away on an Amal he doesn't use it. I've resorted to macro it in with my incinerates now.