Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The recent update on the front page makes is sound as if we will have burn/conserve phases like arcane mages, which I'm not psyched about tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, to little info yet I would say. Could be the best changes made, ever to the class. Or it could be the worst.
    Since they are trying to make us have some sort of resource mechanic, it will probably change ALOT before launch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    The recent update on the front page makes is sound as if we will have burn/conserve phases like arcane mages, which I'm not psyched about tbh.
    Exactly what i thought

Deciding that you speak for the community and therefore deciding that its likely to make most warlocks quit over it or change spec.
    State your own opinion sure, but it seems that people here get so hot-headed and quick to flame us simply because we agree with the design intent of the developers of the game you have been willing to pay for upto this point.
    Yes I am still in two minds about the destruction mechanics, but I will not make that judgement without having played it.
    Such a judgement is nothing that any of us can rightfully make right now.

And Ghostcrawler is just one person. The one that naively thought trying to communicate with an ungrateful community would foster better relations and understanding.
    Unfortunatly he was mistaken.

If you really feel that this one person is ruining the game for you, then go quit and play something else.
    You will not be missed.
    I for one welcome updates to warlocks, even if I am not in full agreement about all of the upcoming changes, and have most certainly disagreed with past ones too.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-02-22 at 04:10 PM.

I've played a PvE warlock since June 2005. I played Dark Pact (!) for Rag, SM/Ruin for the rest of Vanilla. I played Affliction for TBC up until Sunwell, where DS/Ruin just scaled too well to pass up. I played Affliction at the start of WotLK, then Destro in Ulduar, Demo in ToC, and Affliction for most of Icecrown. I've been playing a mix of specs in Cata. And I'm utterly underwhelmed with the changes in MoP.

Affliction looks like the same anemic tree it looks like today. Malefic Grasp sounds interesting, but the spec with no burst will have even less burst now. Our ability to multi-DoT will still be sub-par, with high ramp up, constant babysitting, and the ability to only put one BoA up at a time. We also lose passive Jinx and the on use has been neutered from 40 yards to 10 yards.

Demo looks probably the most interesting of the three trees, with the Hellfire-Turned-Immolation Aura, free Jinx Aura (20 yards), and Hand of Gul'dan charges. The Masteries are heavily nerfed however, and there is no indication that the Felguard will be used for anything other than AOE still.

Destro looks... overly complex. 3 Resources to juggle (Health, Mana, and now Embers), constant self DoT damage, and a mastery that looks absolutely horrible.

Lastly, the level 87 spell sounds interesting on paper (and godly for PvP), but in practice it sounds like the unholy offspring of Demonic: Teleport that is only really useful on about 10% of fights and Lightwell, which any Holy priest can tell you is a very mixed bag. Compare that to Soul Reaper, Symbiosis, Ascendence, or even Alter Time.

They said conflag would have a 2.0 sp scaling, and not needing immo, so that would probably be some burst? Also we have the new dark soul for destro giving a flat 30% crit to all spells.

As for the ember system....... the blue says one thing but the rotation writeup says another. For example; "locks wont be gcd locked, managing their resource will be more important than chaincasting" ... what does he mean by that? is he just talking about using ember tap in those moments or just standing there doing nothing like an idiot? Is this where autowand comes into place? As far as I can see there's nothing preventing chain casting if you keep casting the soulfires at low mana, get full mana meanwhile and just repeat. Also no mention of if ember tap replaces life tap. Also how big dmg boost are these embers to soulfire? 20%? I mean they can't make it oneshot people, but at the same time it feels like that will make soul fire be like 5-10% of your dmg only, and incinerate like 40% because of the removal of chaos bolt and corr. Not impressed so far.
    Last edited by Micke; 2012-02-22 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, I love the way they're trimming Demo down to 1 filler depending on Boss Health or Stance, and one DoT, then a couple of 1 min cooldowns in the form of Wild Imps and Bane of Doom is fantastic. And a two minute cooldown to stack with Meta actually built into the class rather than coming from a trinket? That's inspired.

As for Affliction. 3 DoTs, and a channeled filler to spam ad nauseum. So good to see they pushed Haunt, Shadow Embrace and Drain Soul out of the picture, the rotation was too hard anyway. We can even sacrifice our pets, so now we'll be nothing like Shadow Priests at all.

And Destruction, removing ISF after it pissed everyone off and replacing it with a long cast of Soul Fire every so often to use up embers. Genius.

</sarcasm>
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-02-22 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Gotta say, I love the way they're trimming Demo down to 1 filler depending on Boss Health or Stance, and one DoT, then a couple of 1 min cooldowns in the form of Wild Imps and Bane of Doom is fantastic. And a two minute cooldown to stack with Meta actually built into the class rather than coming from a trinket? That's inspired.

As for Affliction. 3 DoTs, and a channeled filler to spam ad nauseum. So good to see they pushed Haunt, Shadow Embrace and Drain Soul out of the picture, the rotation was too hard anyway. We can even sacrifice our pets, so now we'll be nothing like Shadow Priests at all.

And Destruction, removing ISF after it pissed everyone off and replacing it with a long cast of Soul Fire every so often to use up embers. Genius.

</sarcasm>
    <3

tenchars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And Destruction, removing ISF after it pissed everyone off and replacing it with a long cast of Soul Fire every so often to use up embers. Genius.</sarcasm>
    Pet attacks reduce the spell time by 0.1 secs though. right? and it sounds like we won't be getting embers rapidly, so the cast time on soul fire might actually be very fast. possibly even instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    Pet attacks reduce the spell time by 0.1 secs though. right? and it sounds like we won't be getting embers rapidly, so the cast time on soul fire might actually be very fast. possibly even instant.
    Yes but has it really changed that much ?
    A potentially regular casting of the exact same non-filler nuke while for differing reasons but with the same effect.

I personally can't wait for the changes. I've been playing my lock for a long time, and these changes look fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    They're saying we use the time during long casts of Soul Fire to regenerate mana. You will have to hard cast eventually to do that, and that's what you save your ember for.

give u candies and take it away. It is Bliz.

lets just hope blizz dont f.ck us as always

I'll reserve serious complaints for beta, then people can say "lol beta is final" i'll sigh... pick which spec I hate least, hopefully somewhere in there pet sac will be viable. I'll use my group teleport in bgs, people will complain about it.. they'll put a sated like buff preventing people from overusing it. Blizzard will read too much into warlocks complaining about clunky complicated rotation resulting in making destro the new 1111111111211111112 spec, maybe they'll change pet abilities to clearly coincide with specs and i'll never pet twist again.

Speculating is almost as fun as complaining, zomg they're gonna break shit in an attempt to make it better and end up ruining some things while making a few other cool things... it's expansion time it's expansion time

Deleted
    I am really looking forward to see my favourite spec getting a much needed update!

I used to raid as Destruction during late ToC and all the way through ICC. But after leveling to 85 in Cata I felt it was time to try something new. Said and done, a priest was leveled up for healing purposes. But well.. It isn't my dear old Warlock..

Can't wait to see these changes go up on beta!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Deciding that you speak for the community and therefore deciding that its likely to make most warlocks quit over it or change spec.
    State your own opinion sure, but it seems that people here get so hot-headed and quick to flame us simply because we agree with the design intent of the developers of the game you have been willing to pay for upto this point.
    Yes I am still in two minds about the destruction mechanics, but I will not make that judgement without having played it.
    Such a judgement is nothing that any of us can rightfully make right now.

And Ghostcrawler is just one person. The one that naively thought trying to communicate with an ungrateful community would foster better relations and understanding.
    Unfortunatly he was mistaken.

If you really feel that this one person is ruining the game for you, then go quit and play something else.
    You will not be missed.
    I for one welcome updates to warlocks, even if I am not in full agreement about all of the upcoming changes, and have most certainly disagreed with past ones too.
    Well said. The reason amongst many I like playing games is that you get a set of rules which you play by. You have a number of mechanics which you can then twitch and tweak with to maximize potential.

So I can't help but say that I'm super excited about the warlock revamp, never before have we gotten this many new utilities to tweak and twist with, without starting to mention the variety of mechanics that's never been used before. The only reason that WoW still manages to keep me entertained after 7 long years is because we get new mechanics every now and then.

The skill of a player is not solely determined by his ability to press abilities correctly co-responding to the set mainstream priority list. It's just as much decided by the ability to analyze new mechanics and put them together correctly. Every new boss encounter is a proof of this, because essentially this is what WoW is all about.

I'm not saying that I enjoy clunky mechanics as such, I'm merely saying that playing a game is way more fun if you let other poeple set the rules of your game rather than yourself...

10+ Year Old Account
    I 'mained' a Warlock from Classic to mid-Wrath, and haven't really touched him since. The changes seem pretty fun so, it may be enough for me to dust him off and level him up, at least to90 (given that was going to happen anyways but, I may just do it sooner now). We'll have to see what the final set-up looks like at launch.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul