Resto Druid on H Ultraxion - LF tips

Hi everyone! Warlock here just peeping in to spy on you guys....

Just had a few questions about our druid on heroic ultraxion. She is healing along with a resto shaman and will be taking red tomorrow. I'm just wondering what most of you guys do to heal this fight (I don't know anything about druid healing tbh, which is why i'm asking), because we are not making it to the 5th minute on certain pulls (aside from the stupid wipes to the button boss), because our healers are going OOM too early.

Here are our attempts for the night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...pes&boss=55294

Thanks in advance!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Efflorescene Efflorescene Efflorescene!! (did you have her take green on some attempts?) Basically what I do is use Tranq and ToL early to ease the healing and use abit less mana. Soon as I hit 80% mana I use innervate, which lets me use it twice as well. Just before the last 'raid' buff goes out (time stop yada yada) I tranq again because the dmg gets really insane just before that point. From there I ToL again and lifebloom a few people in the raid inbetween swiftmend / WG / Insta Regrowth spam.

Issue is you've been giving the shaman red, really.
    As a resto druid in our alt runs, I used to be able to soloheal untill the 5th hour with a disc priest partner (dpsing it now as we got a resto sham with no OS).
    Follow these pointers:
    Swiftmend on CD, cast ON THE SHAMAN. It'll give HUGE effloresence ticks due to the red buff:
    100% normal + 100% from red buff +15% from shaman talents = 215% swiftmend (or 230% if the 15% from shaman is applied first, not sure which is the case).
    The effloresence with 215% power now gets doubled due to the red buff, making the effloresence ticks 430% stronger than normal - meaning the "normal" 3-4k ticks all of a sudden is 12k+, and crits are hitting 3 persons every second for 24-25k.

Keep WG on CD.
    Keep lifebloom up on the most squishy tank and nourish when there's nothing else going on to keep him topped. Healing touch or regrowth depending on the situation when clearcasting procs.

and it should be all good.

Do note that IN GENERAL, your druid sucks quite hard - tell him/her to read up on how to resto druid. Few things that can be picked out by a glance:
    No shoulder enchant (more than a year into the expansion? Really?)
    Herbalism+skinning professions (insc costs 3k on my backwater server due to glyphs being sellable, and gets you the shoulder enchant too).
    83 haste over the 2006 plateu, yet using:
    40 haste gem in boots.
    50 haste on boots.

And last, but not least:
    Using a 10/0/31 spec while having mana issues. Change it to 8/2/31, you'll see a world to difference. Besides that, you should keep 8/2/31 untill you've literally dropped ALL the spirit on your gear, as each point of furor is worth about 250-300 spirit, and 250-300 spirit->mastery = 2% mastery, meaning a 2.5% healing increase to everything, while genesis is only 2% per point to all spells EXCEPT your singletarget heals (nourish/HT/regrowth).

Draco covered the most glaring points on her spec and gearing, really. Right now, it kind of looks like she's an alt, or this is her offspec. If she's going oom in such a high spirit spec, switching to low spirit/furor build will be a world of difference. Keep in mind, she's gaining 880 spirit from the trinket, plus healing with a resto shaman, so that's an insane amount of spirit flying around. There's excellent posts here on the forums about the furor build.

Concerning the logs... I looked at your longest attempt, the 5:25 attempt. She used Innervate once. As per Flam's post, this should be cast early on. Tree of Life can be used early on, slowrolling Lifeblooms all across the raid. Tranquility was cast once. Tranquility should be cast early on. These will all be up again by the time shit starts hitting the fan towards the end of the fight. She should absolutely be taking the Red crystal.

Another thing - your holy paladin is rocking Concentration aura for this attempt. You have no priests present in the raid, therefore no other source of shadow resistance (your shaman's glyphed Healing Stream totem only covers fire, frost, and nature.) Switching to Resistance aura will ease the raid damage going out.

Good luck!

teslah// recruitment officer for SWARM of thrall
    part of the immortal gaming network

Quote Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
    Draco covered the most glaring points on her spec and gearing, really. Right now, it kind of looks like she's an alt, or this is her offspec. If she's going oom in such a high spirit spec, switching to low spirit/furor build will be a world of difference. Keep in mind, she's gaining 880 spirit from the trinket, plus healing with a resto shaman, so that's an insane amount of spirit flying around. There's excellent posts here on the forums about the furor build.

Concerning the logs... I looked at your longest attempt, the 5:25 attempt. She used Innervate once. As per Flam's post, this should be cast early on. Tree of Life can be used early on, slowrolling Lifeblooms all across the raid. Tranquility was cast once. Tranquility should be cast early on. These will all be up again by the time shit starts hitting the fan towards the end of the fight. She should absolutely be taking the Red crystal.

Another thing - your holy paladin is rocking Concentration aura for this attempt. You have no priests present in the raid, therefore no other source of shadow resistance (your shaman's glyphed Healing Stream totem only covers fire, frost, and nature.) Switching to Resistance aura will ease the raid damage going out.

Good luck!
    Thank you very much, and thanks to the posters above as well. Yes you're right, this is her alt (also her first tier of raiding), we're a pretty casual raid team so...

But these suggestions are very helpful and should help us get the kill

Aw rats, I didn't mean it like that Just that it looked like she was just filling in for the time being.

Something else I just noticed - blow Time Warp at the very start of the fight. Everyone is alive, you have a nice, big open window where no one is getting fading light, and if you're feeling saucy, have both healers use Heroic Will right off the bat, blow TW while they're gone, and later on in the fight, when stuff gets crazy, your other mage can TW again for the healers. You'll get a nice dps burn at the start of the fight, you'll hit that execute phase sooner, and the fight will hopefully end before your healers are truly overwhelmed.

teslah// recruitment officer for SWARM of thrall
    part of the immortal gaming network

Deleted
    65% Harmony uptime on the 5:25m wipe.
    65% on the 4:52m wipe.
    70.4% on the 4:46 wipe.

Must keep Harmony up 90%+, losing ~20-25% extra healing by losing harmony is a big rethink how you heal as resto moment.