Thread: Streaming help.

Streaming help.

I just had a quick question about streaming. I've been researching my ass off with trying to setup my computer for streaming. I have a 25 MBit DL and 5 MBit upload with an i5-2500k overclocked at 4.3 ghz, and whenever I run Xsplit, my gameplay lags like crazy. Without XSplit running, I'll get around 70-90 FPS in combat (SWTOR), and with it running I'll drop to 10-20 FPS. Does anybody know what the issue could be? Or is there a guide online somewhere showing me how to set up XSplit properly?

Also, the screen flashes off and on while running XSplit.

if you go to http://www.twitch.tv/rival__/b/308051545 and skip to around 3:38 on the timer, you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Supern3rd; 2012-02-22 at 08:49 AM.

whats up man - twitch tv scrogglez

I use a set up with xsplit and this other program called Dxtory - what it does, instead of screen capturing like xsplit does. Is that xsplit grabs the data off Dxtory instead , so there is a lot less hassle on your cpu.

google this : teamliqud dxtory and look at the teamliquid sites guide for " The Ultimate Xsplit+Dxtory streaming Guide. - Team Liquid"

is a tut and some videos of how to set it all up.

You can get the full version - it removes the water mark. Give it a test run and see how it works out.

edit: watching your stream I notice something REALLY odd .. . under your screen source it says you have google chrome exe highlighted? You should be running off "add screen region" and highlight from the top corner the opposite bottom corner. This way it only captures whats on your screen. That seemed really odd to me how you ahve that captured. Maybe that will fix the problem by itself.
    Last edited by Scrogglez; 2012-02-22 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Seems really odd considering your PC. I have no idea why it would go nuts like that, but i made a quick run through of some settings for wow:

Streamin Guide: World of Warcraft

CPU overheating? Some weird settings you fucked up in XSplit?

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

As far as the XSplit settings go, I'm using the following:

Preset - veryfast and XSplit default
    Quality - 7
    I've tried Bitrates of 1000-2100, and they either get a yellow bar with the Test Bandwidth or a red bar. If it's a yellow bar, it'll be a red bar when I re-do test. I've gotten a green bar once on 1600, and when I repeated the test it was a redbar on 1600.
    Audio Format: 44.100 KHz 16 bit stero, AAC LC codec, 96000 bitrate.

And I also have Interleave audio and video in one RTMP channel checked.

Deleted
    It's been some time since I streamed, but here is what I used:
    - VHScrCapDlg, lightweight screen-capture program.
    - Adobe Live Flash Media Encoder, encodes said capture into appropriate video for streaming.

I used mostly ustream.tv, as I found it to have acceptable upload-speed even for free users.

An important thing to note, especially with free services, is that your upload capabilities (i.e. the quality of the video) isn't determined by your upload speed, but rather what their network will allow. With ustream, I used 1280x720 resolution (downscaled from 1080p) and 800Kbps. It yielded on ustream acceptable quality most of the time with 15-20fps. I have tried this both with my own network (~20Mbps down and 6Mbps up) and a friends network (100Mbps in both directions) with no change. If you want higher quality, I'm pretty sure you will need to pay for a premium account.