Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What a Wonderful World

It pains me to say that it is no longer a wonderful world anymore when it's filled with laws that allow a man and a man to enter matrimony, being a virgin is consider a bad thing or un-cool, and people complaining about not being pretty or skinny enough like the people n T.V when there are being dieing in hospitals every day hoping for the chance to even be able to watch tv again.

Louis Armstrong - It's Wonderful World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VCwBzGdPM

So you like telling people what they can and cannot do when their decision in no way effects you at all?

Cool. I agree that it is a wonderful world where social freedoms are embraced.

Deleted
    Whatever. Take your homophobia elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lock this thread please!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So you like telling people what they can and cannot do when their decision in no way effects you at all?

Cool. I agree that it is a wonderful world where social freedoms are embraced.
    Well said.

The world is a better place now than it has ever been, poverty is down, health is up.

If you aren't enjoying your life in a 1st world country, you need to sit back & get some perspective, and maybe get some better friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It pains me to say that it is no longer a wonderful world anymore when it's filled with countries with laws that don't allow a man and a man to enter matrimony, where worrying about the sexual behaviours (or lack thereof) of others is still somehow considered 'normal', and people complaining about not having the new iPhone like the people n(sic) T.V when there are people who can't even afford to die in a hospital because their country would rather spend money killing poor people in another country, instead of taking care of the sick at home.

THAT'S why it's not a wonderful world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    It pains me to say that it is no longer a wonderful world anymore when it's filled with laws that allow a man and a man to enter matrimony, being a virgin is consider a bad thing or un-cool, and people complaining about not being pretty or skinny enough like the people n T.V when there are being dieing in hospitals every day hoping for the chance to even be able to watch tv again.

Louis Armstrong - It's Wonderful World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2VCwBzGdPM
    It pains me to say that it is no longer a wonderful world anymore when it's filled with ignorant people. And I'm pretty sure that song is about the positive things in life, not a religious ideal.

Life experience > rules set out by ancient text.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2012-02-22 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    It pains me to say that it is no longer a wonderful world anymore when it's filled with laws that allow a man and a man to enter matrimony
    But it is a wonderful world when people are denied basic societal rights because of something they had no choice over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It pains me to say that it is no longer a wonderful world anymore when it's filled with ignorant people. And I'm pretty sure that song is about the positive things in life, not a religious ideal.
    Seriously. A song sung by a black man in the 60's. Of course it would be all about oppressing and discriminating against minority groups, that's what they loved, right? Oh wait. It's what they fought to STOP.

Satchmo is turning in his grave because of this thread.

Deleted
    I do feel slightly sorry for Obama, because how do you govern a country that seems to have decided that facts are the work of the devil?

Oh wait sorry. That's bashing. Not suitable in this thread. All entitled to our own opinions. Etc.

Are we really comparing what blacks in America went through with a persecution complex amongst 2-5% of the population that practices homosexuality?

Where are the plantations with gays picking cotton?

Did I drive by the slave market selling gay slaves on the way home and miss it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Are we really comparing what blacks in America went through with a persecution complex amongst 2-5% of the population that practices homosexuality?

They're not being compared. However, the civil rights movement, of which they were a huge part, fought for the rights of ALL people, not just blacks.

The rights of all people to be treated as equals. Period.

Let me get Captain Picard to put it infinitely more eloquently to you:

Edit:

And why bring up the numbers? Is there a point at which it becomes okay to trample on someone's rights?
    What is that number? One? Ten? A hundred? A thousand? When does it become wrong to you?
    Last edited by Atrea; 2012-02-22 at 12:14 PM.

You're completely ignoring the fact that 'blacks' in America (slavery) was not an anomaly. Over the course of history, many people, of all sorts of race, have been put through slavery. I recently read an article about the ancient Frisians, who did not cooperate with the Romans, and the Romans supposedly enslaved a rather large amount of them. And the Frisians probably weren't the only ones. The medieval institute of Serfdom was also slavery, and in many European countries, if not most, Serfdom was only abolished in the late 18th century. In India, slavery still exists. In Feudal Russia, Slavery has existed for ages and ages (until the fall of the Russian Empire, and the birth of the USSR). In Nazi times, however brief it was, slave labour was extremely common. Ancient Greece had tons and tons of slavery; most Greeks had their own slaves. The Norse made temporary slaves out of their prisoners of war, who had the option to buy themselves free, and while they had tons of rights (apart from a voice at the Ding until they were free again, though they were allowed to fill formal complaints), they were still (temporary) slaves. In many African countries, slavery was the norm, and slave trade is still common in many African countries. What; you thought Europeans went into the African bush with big nets to catch slaves? No; of course not. They bought slaves from local war tribes, in exchange for gold, guns and spices.

Slavery, while abominable, is something that has affected nearly every people here on earth, and on a ridiculously large scale. It is not restricted to race.
    It's a good thing that we're getting closer and closer to seeing the end of it, but it still exists.

Homophobia also runs rampant in many, many societies... And unlike slavery, homophobia does not have a monetary benefit. Homophobia does not serve a purpose. It is blind, and it is retarded. There is no reason to it, and it has cost thousands upon thousands of lives. Something a lot of people choose to neglect to mention is that Hitler did not just go after the Jews. He also went after Gypsies and Homosexuals. The Holy Roman Empire has sparked a hunt on homosexuals that knew no precedence. And for ages, homosexuals did not have rights at all. All over the world, homosexuals can be refused job-opportunities just because of their sexual orientation. They can still be shunned everywhere, and the hate crimes against this group of the populous is astounding. Often enough, governments refuse to intervene, which implies that somehow, homosexuality is a choice (disregarding ALL scientific data), and that they deserve to be molested, raped and even murdered; that that is the consequence to their life-style. People are taught that they are evil, that they will go to hell, that their god hates them... Because they have a certain sexual preference. Homosexuals are reduced to sub-human, and this is what they do share with slaves: Being reduced to sub-human.

Deleted
    The only part of your post that even made any remote kind of sense was the dude-on-dude marriage hypocrisy, and even that was kinda stupid. Anyway, your opposition is most likely a religious one, so please have a look at this chart of different types of marriage, according to a book some people find terribly important. Not that I think it will chance your mind, but perhaps it will get a couple others to realize exactly how moronic a point this is. You better follow them all, or you're no better than the dudes marrying other dudes. Thanks for sharing, though!

15+ Year Old Account
    OP goto be Rick Perry. I'm sure of it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Oh god! Gay Marriage! Tragic. Does the OP not believe Lesbians are an abomination then? I see he only mentions men. /sarcasm

What a small minded view.

I was at a lesbian wedding actually 2 years ago in Ireland. Good times. Got very drunk! They held the ceremony on an Island in Strangford Lough. What people do is none of your business. Beats roman laws though. "Daddy, I want a divorce" - "No problem - husband, fuck off, shes not yours now" "Thanks daddy!"

Also I don't get it. How does people dying in Hospital mean people have no right to moan? At least we have hospitals..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Whatever. Take your homophobia elsewhere.
    Pretty much this?

Its funny how threads work on mmo off topic. I come on here and see a few threads about teenage boys talking about there problems with girls or being demanded by ther girlfriend for sex, just casually and it gets looked as a normal discussion. Yet if I were to start a thread in exactly the same context but with me talking about guys in the same way, or how my boyfriend demanded the same thing, it would have people like the op ripping it apart, despite the fact the context of the thread is just slightly different.

Why hasn't this thread been locked?

It pains me to see a braindead catholic omophobic idiot like you to still have the right to spread his bullshits.

User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-02-22 at 11:10 PM.

Topics like these are unpleasant, next time present a more enjoyable topic....like My Little Pony or something.
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    It pains me to see a braindead catholic omophobic idiot like you to still have the right to spread his bullshits.
    I guess freedom of speech is a value that's worthwhile only so long as people express views you agree with.