Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Are Kuwaiti people really THAT rich?

    So there are quite a few kids from Kuwait at my school and they are all filthy rich. They all drive Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraris that their parents bought them, and some of them have 2 or 3 other cars (Their own cars, not their parent's cars). They also show pictures of their palaces in Kuwait, and their piles upon piles of money. Like rooms full of money. Some of their parents even drive freaking Buggatis (Have seen it myself!). Amongst other things, they also have private jet skis, yachts, helicopters etc.

    Now the rest of us at the school are just average. I mean some people may be slightly wealthier, and some people may be slightly poorer, but in general everyone is just average. All of us get shocked when we see how rich the Kuwaitis are.

    However, the Kuwaiti kids say that they are not wealthy in Kuwait, just average. According to them pretty much everyone lives like that. Money is not a factor. But I find it both hard to grasp and believe that people actually live that way. I mean I have seen it with my own eyes but still.

    Are people from Kuwait really that excessively wealthy?

  2. #2
    The rich people of Kuwait are an absolute minority, but those that are rich are insanely so. The majority are quite poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

  3. #3
    Those who control oil taps, yes!

  4. #4
    They are considered the 5th 'richest' in the world, and get a lot of oil money, but that all goes to the government.

    I don't know enough about Kuwait to think that everyone drives cars such as those. What school are you at? Perhaps those kuwaitis at your school are the rich youngsters who have parents that can afford to send them to the schools of another nation?

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Tenkachii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Al'Akir
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    So there are quite a few kids from Kuwait at my school and they are all filthy rich. They all drive Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraris that their parents bought them, and some of them have 2 or 3 other cars (Their own cars, not their parent's cars). They also show pictures of their palaces in Kuwait, and their piles upon piles of money. Like rooms full of money. Some of their parents even drive freaking Buggatis (Have seen it myself!). Amongst other things, they also have private jet skis, yachts, helicopters etc.

    Now the rest of us at the school are just average. I mean some people may be slightly wealthier, and some people may be slightly poorer, but in general everyone is just average. All of us get shocked when we see how rich the Kuwaitis are.

    However, the Kuwaiti kids say that they are not wealthy in Kuwait, just average. According to them pretty much everyone lives like that. Money is not a factor. But I find it both hard to grasp and believe that people actually live that way. I mean I have seen it with my own eyes but still.

    Are people from Kuwait really that excessively wealthy?
    What they drive =/= Wealth.

    I've been in england once, "Rich" people there have a plasma screen and a big fat car outside their home. Their home is shit. And that's something I've seen a hell lot.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    What they drive =/= Wealth.

    I've been in england once, "Rich" people there have a plasma screen and a big fat car outside their home. Their home is shit. And that's something I've seen a hell lot.
    Same with 70% of the people who have Iphones. They spend 1/2th of their monthly income to buy an iphone just because it has become a status symbol.
    ./facepalm
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

  7. #7
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,227
    I went to highschool with a lot of "rich" kids, this is a generalization but the people I went to school with had little to no friends that was from the middle or lower classes, most people in my class had parents that was richer then my parents and my parents are both relatively successful, my school mates kind of thought I was a normal middle class dude, but speaking strictly economically my parents have and are in the range of upper middle class at least, hence they had a bit faulty idea of what "rich" and "normal" was.

    And this is in Sweden a country that is pretty equal in terms of wealth in comparison to many other countries.

    So my explention to your kuwaitain school mates comments about what is normal is a. they are braging or b. they are like my friends from highschool so they got a bit of a delusional view on what a normal "average joe" kind of family is like.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  8. #8
    Dreadlord Hurax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    München, Germany
    Posts
    880
    I don't know much about Kuwait but a friend worked in Dubai for a while, she is an Arab who grew up in Germany. The native citizens there are that rich. However the native population is only 5-10% of the population, because before they discovered the oil it was just a barren coastline and desert. All work there is done by immigrants or temporary residents, most of which are from Pakistan or Indian muslims.

  9. #9
    There is no country with only super rich people
    many super rich people means always that there are even many many more ultra poor people

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    What they drive =/= Wealth.

    I've been in england once, "Rich" people there have a plasma screen and a big fat car outside their home. Their home is shit. And that's something I've seen a hell lot.
    Nah, you just don't know how to recognise wealth levels in England.

    Terraced house (i.e. part of a row) = working / lower class.

    Semi-detatched (i.e. only has a neighbour on one side, driveway or garage on the other) = middle class.

    Detatched (house stands alone) = upper class.

    Estate (house stands in a large plot of land) = rich.

    Back on topic, Kuwaities are amongst the richest people in the world due to having a lot of oil and not a lot of people. In fact most of the workforce in Kuwait (about 80%) are immigrants hired do the work Kuwait's citizens don't want to do themselves.

  11. #11
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Berks, UK
    Posts
    15,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Nah, you just don't know how to recognise wealth levels in England.

    Terraced house (i.e. part of a row) = working / lower class.

    Semi-detatched (i.e. only has a neighbour on one side, driveway or garage on the other) = middle class.

    Detatched (house stands alone) = upper class.

    Estate (house stands in a large plot of land) = rich.

    Back on topic, Kuwaities are amongst the richest people in the world due to having a lot of oil and not a lot of people. In fact most of the workforce in Kuwait (about 80%) are immigrants hired do the work Kuwait's citizens don't want to do themselves.
    yeah houses are pretty shitty in England, even our nice houses the detatched ones are quite small compared to other countries. we do have some nice houses here, but compared to the US and some other parts of EU our houses are tiny
    Too cool for a signature

  12. #12
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The deep hot South
    Posts
    219
    Those "rich" people in Kuwait have a multitude of servants, they are far from rich and are treated like shit. The live in squalor inside that families compound usually, they get the scraps of the "rich" to eat and wear. My friend from there is from a wealthy family. Each of the teens has their own servants. There are house servants and food servants, servants that do the shopping, etc...Trust me they do not consider themselves rich in any way. My friend was thrown out of his house as he was a "younger" son. He was lucky to find a job at a bank because he was educated. This enabled him to live slightly above poverty. Women, now don't get me started about them, they are fourth class citizens at best, rarely allowed to leave the house (this includes female children). The marriages are usually arranged so you better hope you get hooked up with a "good" one or life may be quite unbearable as it was for my friends mom. She was there to run the household, make babies and be a punching bag and destressor for the Matriarch!

  13. #13
    I'd say your sample size is probably faulty.

    No, there are a small amount of people who have more money that the rest of us have dirt. The rest of them are pretty poor...

  14. #14
    Mechagnome LordDios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaed View Post
    Those "rich" people in Kuwait have a multitude of servants, they are far from rich and are treated like shit. The live in squalor inside that families compound usually, they get the scraps of the "rich" to eat and wear. My friend from there is from a wealthy family. Each of the teens has their own servants. There are house servants and food servants, servants that do the shopping, etc...Trust me they do not consider themselves rich in any way. My friend was thrown out of his house as he was a "younger" son. He was lucky to find a job at a bank because he was educated. This enabled him to live slightly above poverty. Women, now don't get me started about them, they are fourth class citizens at best, rarely allowed to leave the house (this includes female children). The marriages are usually arranged so you better hope you get hooked up with a "good" one or life may be quite unbearable as it was for my friends mom. She was there to run the household, make babies and be a punching bag and destressor for the Matriarch!
    you mean patriarch? a matriarch is female

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    you mean patriarch? a matriarch is female
    Matriarch could easily be correct. In a large family house you would unlikely to be ruling the roost unless his parents are dead, and thet would make his mother - the matriarch - and they have a reputation for being difficult on daughter in laws to say the least!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Same with 70% of the people who have Iphones. They spend 1/2th of their monthly income to buy an iphone just because it has become a status symbol.
    ./facepalm
    %99 of the people who does not own an iphone claims what you claimed because they don't own one and because they are jealous. Now if my words didn't make any sense, then you should know that your words make zero sense as well.

    about topic, as far as I know, they're pretty rich so I wouldn't get shocked if I see them in expensive cars.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Same with 70% of the people who have Iphones. They spend 1/2th of their monthly income to buy an iphone just because it has become a status symbol.
    ./facepalm
    There's a hyooge difference between an iPhone and a Bugatti/Lamborghini though.

  18. #18

    Thumbs down I wanna be for ever Fanboy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    %99 of the people who does not own an iphone claims what you claimed because they don't own one and because they are jealous. Now if my words didn't make any sense, then you should know that your words make zero sense as well.

    about topic, as far as I know, they're pretty rich so I wouldn't get shocked if I see them in expensive cars.
    What you said is the most classicly blind and ignorant fan boy thing to say... I mean really how old are we. I'm very happy with my android phones for one and his post made 100% sense. People only own Iphones now because everyone has one. I cant tell you how many of my friends I have one who don't even know what their Iphone can all do (but they JUST had to had one). last if he doesnt own one I dont blame him. The worst part of the Iphone isn't always that stupid thing, but the god damn mindless zombie like fanboys apple as created..

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOFtheHordeV2 View Post
    What you said is the most classicly blind and ignorant fan boy thing to say... I mean really how old are we. I'm very happy with my android phones for one and his post made 100% sense. People only own Iphones now because everyone has one. I cant tell you how many of my friends I have one who don't even know what their Iphone can all do (but they JUST had to had one). last if he doesnt own one I dont blame him. The worst part of the Iphone isn't always that stupid thing, but the god damn mindless zombie like fanboys apple as created..

    You're doing same thing that you nerdraged for . If his made up numbers make sense, than mine makes as well. I don't even have an iphone, I just tried to explain how stupid his/her post was.

    Just chill.

    --edit--

    I noticed later, did you just create an account to answer me?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-02-22 at 02:20 PM.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Dashield28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MD, The US of Eh?
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Same with 70% of the people who have Iphones. They spend 1/2th of their monthly income to buy an iphone just because it has become a status symbol.
    ./facepalm
    I disagree. I have one because I like what it does. I dont attend Iphone meetings. I hate apple computer and every other device they put out. I've never set foot in an APPLE store and I want to punch hipsters in their stupide big glasses faces.

    And I only spent maybe a 5th of my monthly income on my 4GS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •